Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Looks like the new Star Wars movie is gonna suck.

Klarick
01.25.2013 , 03:02 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I wish him the best of luck (he's going to need it...) and I hope he makes a movie that appeals to the more open-minded fans, because it's a waste of time to even try to appeal to those that will hate it no matter what just because Disney is behind it or because Lucas didn't direct it etc.
Disney, the company that brought us:

1. The Avengers
2. Pirates of the Carribean
3. National Treasure
4. Prince of Persia
5. Remember the Titans
6. And the upcoming The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp! You know that's gonna rock!

Not to mention the 100's of great animated films, such as:

1. Toy Story
2. Cars
3. Nightmare before Christmas
4. Rattatoulie

I could go on and on and on.

New Starwars movie directed by JJ Abrams:
1. Star Trek (brought Star Trek back to seriousness)
2. Lost
3. Super 8
4. Armageddon
5. Cloverfield

I could go on and on and on.

This last few months have SAVED Star Wars! First with the Disney deal, then second, grabbing JJ Abrams.

Woo just wow.!
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

TheNahash
01.25.2013 , 03:08 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Disney, the company that brought us:

1. The Avengers
2. Pirates of the Carribean
3. National Treasure
4. Prince of Persia
5. Remember the Titans
6. And the upcoming The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp! You know that's gonna rock!
yeaaah...I wouldn't mention National Treasure or Prince of Persia in a "look, they've done cool movies" list , but I generally agree.

And one more thing:

Two words.

Uwe Boll

Be thankful, people

BurnedRemains
01.25.2013 , 03:20 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Is he really doing it? This makes me so happy, Star Trek, Fringe

Only thing better would have been Joss Whedon but I imagine he's tied up with Avengers sequel.
Might be good if Steven S. DeKnight writes it.

MaximusRex
01.25.2013 , 03:20 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
???

i like the star trek remake

it seems only snobs hate it
It was a good movie, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't Star Trek. In Star Trek you don't disrupt the time line killing billions of people then go "Oh well".

SithKoriandr
01.25.2013 , 03:25 PM | #65
It really is.
You'd think Lost alone - a TV show that single-handedly made sci-fi shows cool again and something more than "what nerds watch on SyFy" - would give people hope that the next Star Wars movie will be something fresh and exciting, but it is doomed to fail. Not commercially, but definitely when it comes to people's view of how well JJ Abrams did.

And that's because a pretty vocal part of the fanbase (just like with SWTOR's) doesn't want anything new and exciting - they just want the same 36-year old material in HD, failing to realize that the generation that grew up with the original Star Wars movies is likely in their 50s+ now and this generation needs different things to be appeased.

I wish him the best of luck (he's going to need it...) and I hope he makes a movie that appeals to the more open-minded fans, because it's a waste of time to even try to appeal to those that will hate it no matter what just because Disney is behind it or because Lucas didn't direct it etc.

PS: This time let's try to avoid any kind of actors with the acting talent of a box of rocks. So, please no Haydens in this movie, OK? Kthanx.
I think Hayden can act. I think he needs a director who can direct him though.

Some of the biggest names in Hollywood, I'd argue don't act, so much as play themselves, and the fans love it (Harrison Ford, Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones...ect...ect).

But those same actors tend to have something in their resume at some point, that shows they can act against type.

Klarick
01.25.2013 , 03:26 PM | #66
[QUOTE=TheNahash;5775030]yeaaah...I wouldn't mention National Treasure or Prince of Persia in a "look, they've done cool movies" list , but I generally agree.

Anything with Nicholas Cage belongs on any movie list. Sorry huge fan. I thought it was an awesome move.
Prince of Pershia was a very fun, high quality, movie to watch.

Of course it is all opinion, and opinions differ.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

SithKoriandr
01.25.2013 , 03:28 PM | #67
yeaaah...I wouldn't mention National Treasure or Prince of Persia in a "look, they've done cool movies" list , but I generally agree.

And one more thing:

Two words.

Uwe Boll

Be thankful, people
I knew after reading the one post, someone would mention National Treasure and Prince of Persia.

NT1 was great. NT2 wasn't bad, but it needed work as it just didn't live up to NT1. Prince of Persia I personally thought was a lot of fun, and for what it was, I'm baffled at why it did so poorly and still hope they one day decide, "You know what? Bring Jake back and lets do a sequal!" Also, I jsut like Jake Gyllenhaal (I may have misspelled his last name tho )

SithKoriandr
01.25.2013 , 03:31 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
It was a good movie, and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't Star Trek. In Star Trek you don't disrupt the time line killing billions of people then go "Oh well".
I don't think any of the Enterprise crew did that. Nero being the villain, likely didn't care.

ST needed some updating for it's movies. And while I liked the movie, I wish they hadn't basiucally said "all old stuff is obsolete" and think they could of revitalized the franchise just as easily with doing something like that with the TNG crew.

UltimateKrucible
01.25.2013 , 03:33 PM | #69
I've never seen the Star Trek rejig, or whatever it was.

But Cloverfield was pretty special - and I'm of the opinion that Abrams is a guy who knows movies inside and out.

I'm not sure there's a better candidate out there, tbh.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

Blackavaar
01.25.2013 , 03:40 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
I've never seen the Star Trek rejig, or whatever it was.

But Cloverfield was pretty special - and I'm of the opinion that Abrams is a guy who knows movies inside and out.

I'm not sure there's a better candidate out there, tbh.
Cloverfield was directed by Matt Reeves and written by Drew Goddard. Abrams was just the producer who pasted his name all over it.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]