Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full WH or one EWH?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Full WH or one EWH?

LeatherneckJedi
01.25.2013 , 09:23 AM | #1
I just ranked to 40 valor but haven't dinged 50 yet. I've been banking WZ comms for a while I'm wondering what I should do at 50. Do I get as much WH as I can, or should I get one EWH and the rest WH/recruit? Someone told me I should get my EWH main and pull the mods from the WH main before turning in the shell to use in my OH. I'm a merc BH (I know it stinks for PVP, but I still play with it).

Technohic
01.25.2013 , 09:24 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LeatherneckJedi View Post
I just ranked to 40 valor but haven't dinged 50 yet. I've been banking WZ comms for a while I'm wondering what I should do at 50. Do I get as much WH as I can, or should I get one EWH and the rest WH/recruit? Someone told me I should get my EWH main and pull the mods from the WH main before turning in the shell to use in my OH. I'm a merc BH (I know it stinks for PVP, but I still play with it).
Someone is either an idiot or a jerk.

Get as much WH as possible. EWH is really not that big of difference.

zorroazul
01.25.2013 , 10:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Someone is either an idiot or a jerk.

Get as much WH as possible. EWH is really not that big of difference.
Totally agree. Your best choice is to fully max your comms then when you reach lvl 50 buy as much WH gear as you can. There isn't really not much improvement for the EWH, except of course for the looks.

I personally geared my Merc in full WH before buying him the EWH chest piece (he really looks bad***** in black!), but before turning in the shell I ripped the mods off to min/max another piece. Besides, is way easier to earn ranked comms at lvl 50 (PVP dailies and weekly) than when you're 10-49.

LeatherneckJedi
01.25.2013 , 10:10 AM | #4
Awesome. What about order? Should I go for the bonuses before the others? Honestly, the pvp bonuses don't look all that good for the eliminator set. I'd rather have the less heat from the PVE sets.

Never_Hesitate
01.25.2013 , 10:10 AM | #5
When you have both caps maxxed out, you can get this items right away at 50:

War Hero equip:
875 - Boots
875 - Gloves
975 - Legs
1425 - Chest
1550 - Main hand
1550 - Off hand

Order: Mainhand -> Offhand -> Set parts -> Non set parts
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

LeatherneckJedi
01.25.2013 , 10:12 AM | #6
Awesome. Thanks. That's what I'll do then. I'm lucky enough that I still have Merc Comms capped from way back when.

Yurie
01.25.2013 , 10:38 AM | #7
When you hit 50 you should be capped on both, normal and ranked comms. Use normals to buy mainhand weapon, take mods out and use them in orange offhand weapon then use the shell and your ranked comms to buy an EWH mainhand. This is prolly what the person meant youre supposed to do. After that start buying WH gear until you got it all done.

cycao
01.25.2013 , 10:42 AM | #8
You can also choose to get the EWH relics, those are statistically the best upgrade from WH to EWH.

LeatherneckJedi
01.25.2013 , 01:47 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Yurie View Post
When you hit 50 you should be capped on both, normal and ranked comms. Use normals to buy mainhand weapon, take mods out and use them in orange offhand weapon then use the shell and your ranked comms to buy an EWH mainhand. This is prolly what the person meant youre supposed to do. After that start buying WH gear until you got it all done.
So you're saying to buy the EWH MH before buying anything else? Is the increase of damage and expertise from EWH MH with the WH OH mods better than combined stats/expertise from full WH armor? I'm just assuming I won't be able to get everything right off the bat. Trying to figure out which way to start off.

L-RANDLE
01.25.2013 , 01:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LeatherneckJedi View Post
So you're saying to buy the EWH MH before buying anything else? Is the increase of damage and expertise from EWH MH with the WH OH mods better than combined stats/expertise from full WH armor? I'm just assuming I won't be able to get everything right off the bat. Trying to figure out which way to start off.
No, just buy your WH stuff... The only EWH item actually "worth" the purchase is the relics... Everything else can wait...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango
Not only are you scissors, but you can be rock every 1.5/1min