Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error on update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 01:14 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
With your Firewall & Anti-Virus have you added the launcher to your exceptions list?

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

kenandk
01.25.2013 , 01:20 PM | #12
yes i have..

using Windows Firewall.. and i've added the whole Swtor folder to my exceptions list

kenandk
01.25.2013 , 01:55 PM | #13
finally i got it to complete the repair, but now its on 0% installing English Asset 103 and been so for quite some time now

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 02:01 PM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Please can you post updated launcher logs?

Thanks.

kenandk
01.25.2013 , 02:04 PM | #15
Here you go..

Spoiler

kenandk
01.25.2013 , 02:54 PM | #16
any update or should i just start installing the game from scratch?

johnpickard
01.25.2013 , 03:05 PM | #17
I have been having this same problem all day today. never had a single problem patching or the launcher connecting until the patch today 1/25/13. i have tried all the fixes in this thread, and got nowhere. as of right now the furthest i can get is when i press "login" the red bar comes up and says "the launcher is updating" which it will sit and do for 2 hours before i shut it down.

i am not a computer programer or IT guy, and i shouldnt have to be just to play the damn game. loyal subscriber for 8 months, 2 50's, spent plenty of money on CC, but believe me if this issue causes me to miss raiding next week, i will be unsubbing.

Bronholz
01.25.2013 , 03:06 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi kenandk

Can you try going to this location:
  • E:\Games\Star Wars-The Old Republic\Assets
And delete this file 'swtor_main_anim_creature_npc_1.tor'

Also have you been trying Safe Mode with the latest installation that you are stopped at?

Thanks.

kenandk
01.25.2013 , 03:21 PM | #19
yes i tried with the last repair in safe mode, just restarted to see if it also happened in "Normal" windows.

trying to delete the file now..

kenandk
01.25.2013 , 03:24 PM | #20
still stops and dont even come with an repair error..