Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kheld
01.25.2013 , 12:47 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Pytviper View Post
So let me get this straight. You're mad because as a purely PvE player you are forced to go into a purely PvP area to do an events and get HK?
Biowares utterly insane design decision never cease to amaze me. No wonder this game has crashed & burnt loosing 1+ million subscribers in a year.

Which sane MMO would force a PvE player into a PvP zone for a story quest? Bioware thats who.

& dont get me started on gating HK behind doing a HM Flashpoint. Way to go killing your game Bioware!

Lets deny the majority of MMO players nowadays (casual PvE'ers) from getting the a beloved companion from the Kotor games!

Lunacy. Utter fin lunacy.
The Force will be with you, always.

Pytviper
01.25.2013 , 01:25 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheld View Post
Biowares utterly insane design decision never cease to amaze me. No wonder this game has crashed & burnt loosing 1+ million subscribers in a year.

Which sane MMO would force a PvE player into a PvP zone for a story quest? Bioware thats who.

& dont get me started on gating HK behind doing a HM Flashpoint. Way to go killing your game Bioware!

Lets deny the majority of MMO players nowadays (casual PvE'ers) from getting the a beloved companion from the Kotor games!

Lunacy. Utter fin lunacy.

I'm sorry but your rant is so bad its making me cry.

You upset because you had to go into a PvP zone and buy 1 item? Its not like evil PvPers are going to camp vendor 24/7.

Denying the casual gamer because of a HM? Don't they give you a free set of gear to run HM? All you have to is hit 50 pick up the quest and move 100m. Sound like big mean BW hates us.

HK is heroic companion you should have to do heroic things to get him.
Nerf Rock said Scissors.
Nerf Scissors said Paper.
Nerf Paper said Rock
Listen to the community BW said Scissors, Paper and Rock.

Cylnael
01.25.2013 , 06:35 PM | #293
Just a few questions :

WHEN ?!?

Why announce 1.7 if it's not ready and/or not coming soon ?

It's still not on the PTS !! Why ?

Will it ever be tested before launch ?

Why is this thread not a sticky anymore ?

If any of this has been answered before hand, where ?

LogicalPremise
01.25.2013 , 08:12 PM | #294
So let me get this straight. You're mad because as a purely PvE player you are forced to go into a purely PvP area to do an events and get HK? Even though a purely PvPer is forced to do multi PvE quest for an event and for HK had to do 2 2m quest, HM Foundry and FE.
I am saying the method is stupid and nonsensical regardless of which end you look at it. As I said, there should be separate paths (PvE and PvP) to the same end (part, objective,whatever). Forcing PvE players to PvP or PvP players to PvE are both broken , badly conceived and lazy ideas.

However, because I feel that , I am not going to accept a garbage argument that it's 'fun to PVP' for those people who are forced into it anymore than I would the opposite. I am certainly not going to listen to someone tell me that the open PvP area was some kind of great experience when my old guild had to send multiple 4-mans to fight off gankers who were just griefing everyone they could.

If your answer to that is "well PVP had to suffer before so now PvE should" then there's no reason to hold a conversation at all.
Majynn - 55 Sith Sorcerer - The Society
Garadan- 53 Sith Juggernaught - VTSU
HARBINGER

Cylnael
01.27.2013 , 01:57 PM | #295
BW, CM anyone ...

Are you ashamed of your work so much that you destick your own threads when they get what they deserve ??

It was the same thig with the thread about the so called "anniversary event" you desticked the thread when we (i.e. your costumers) told you what we thought about it from the bottom of our ... hearts (what were you thinking about)

So now as they say in my country "the wine has been served, you must drink it"

Unless 1.7 isn't coming anymore and that should be announced by a sticked thread, shouldn't it ??

You disagree ?

So do we.

jibboo
01.27.2013 , 02:02 PM | #296
Eh, there are too many stickied threads anyway.
Zimbra - Assassin

Evgen
01.27.2013 , 06:00 PM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Actually during the Tatooine event many of the top guilds and best equipped end game players battled over the hill the npc merchant was on so that lowbies could acquire stuff from their event comms.

This went on for over 3 hours just while I was there on the last night.

In other words, you're full of crap.
You mean you were doing the open world PVP that you guys have been longing for? Wow, you guys know the meaning of sacrifice.
How exactly does that stop anyone from ganking the PVE players go there exactly?
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Evgen
01.27.2013 , 06:11 PM | #298
So let me get this straight. You're mad because as a purely PvE player you are forced to go into a purely PvP area to do an events and get HK? Even though a purely PvPer is forced to do multi PvE quest for an event and for HK had to do 2 2m quest, HM Foundry and FE.
I must have missed something . . . did someone say they want to get Battle Master Gear from PVE?
Otherwise I'm not sure why a pure PVPer would want to get a companion, a PVE component of the game.
And I'm not sure how doing something you can use Group Finder for, with gear you get for free suited to that level of PVE content, that even if you are really bad just takes longer, to doing what is the equivalent of running into a warzone naked with 1 leg and both hands tied behind you back with a target on your head. <- recruit gear on a PVE player
Not to mention it's fully possible you could be thwarted for hours or days on end.

I already know nothing is going to change, it's obvious game companies know that making non PVP players do PVP is a form of PVP content for you guys. We PVE players should just be content that they can still make 95% of the game for us and that even though we are getting ganked it means resources aren't being wasted making PVP content
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

AshlaBoga
01.27.2013 , 10:47 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I'm not sure why a pure PVPer would want to get a companion, a PVE component of the game.
Good point.

Moreover let's review what we know about the Gree component of the reputation system. It may (almost certainly) require you to go into a PvP area in order to grind Reputation that will be required to get A) PvE titles and B) cool looking gear (well, cool is subjective, but the Black-Red agent gear looks cool imo).

How would PvPers feel if they had to do Operations in order to get PvP titles?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Tiberians
01.28.2013 , 01:39 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
  • It refers specifically to the contested area in the Western Ice Shelf.
    It comes on the heels of Jeff Hickman talking to 'some interesting changes to a special PvP area' as well as the Gree, and alluding to changes to the Western Shelf of Ilum in the same State of the Game blog.

It's PvP all right. The question is whether there are PvE objectives in there.
I am not to fussed on weather or not there is any PvE Objectives in this update. PvE Players (aka carebears) already have enough content. Players that enjoy PvP are in need of more content other than the same old reptative Warzones.