Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the server population indicator broken?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Gav Daragon
Is the server population indicator broken?

craic_fox
01.25.2013 , 11:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
The population status is counted as percentages of the total server slots taken.
Let's say that Gav has 100 player slots. That means that 100 people can be online at the same time. If there's only 40 people on, it will be Standard Population.
However, Dalborra has 1000 player slots. If there's 250 players on, it says it's Light Population.

So the status actually tells you what % of the server slots are occupied, not how many people are online.
The reason RP servers have less player slots, is because RP is nowhere near as popular as PvE and PvP, so EAware did not want to spend the same amount of money for something they did not need. Even as the current status is, you barely have any players on Gav, which means it was an accurate prediction.
So that's how it works? Interesting - thanks for the info. However, I have to agree with Ailie - the community may be small but it's good, and I'd rather keep it that way. Quality over quantity, and the numbers are more than adequate for me. It's a good server and I really hope BW do not merge it with the other APAC servers.

TrueNovaZero
01.30.2013 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
The population status is counted as percentages of the total server slots taken.
Let's say that Gav has 100 player slots. That means that 100 people can be online at the same time. If there's only 40 people on, it will be Standard Population.
However, Dalborra has 1000 player slots. If there's 250 players on, it says it's Light Population.

So the status actually tells you what % of the server slots are occupied, not how many people are online.
The reason RP servers have less player slots, is because RP is nowhere near as popular as PvE and PvP, so EAware did not want to spend the same amount of money for something they did not need. Even as the current status is, you barely have any players on Gav, which means it was an accurate prediction.
Sounds correct, but... has this actually been put up somewhere or...?

RidgeBlader
02.06.2013 , 07:18 PM | #13
There have been quite a few players on when I have been playing recently. Admittedly not on hoth or the later levels but questing in the newby areas is quite busy.

Are you saying that the other APAC server is busier?
Success is measured in blood; yours or your enemy´s

legolukedude
02.11.2013 , 03:00 PM | #14
there a few more 50's online one night I saw 70 online but it was my first time seeing that

hoth is broken hardly anyone is on there most people just go for dailies and only like around 3 people

TrueNovaZero
02.14.2013 , 03:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RidgeBlader View Post
There have been quite a few players on when I have been playing recently. Admittedly not on hoth or the later levels but questing in the newby areas is quite busy.

Are you saying that the other APAC server is busier?
Yes, quite easily. Actually to be accurate, Dalborra is. Master D seems about the same as us if not worst off in regard to population.