Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dreadtooth 5 Stack Kill video

Nibbon
01.25.2013 , 08:40 AM | #1
It was a joint effort between Shot First and Carnage Gaming on The Shadowlands server.

Fuzzy got a stream/video recording on it here:
http://www.twitch.tv/fuzzycg/c/1864096

As far as we know it was a world first, but if it isn't we would like to hear otherwise. The strategy is pretty evident in the video, but I'll answer any questions.

The loot was the same as 3+ stacks - 2 dread guard masks and 2 essences - 1 BH piece - also got one BH comm.

DarkhorseForLife
01.25.2013 , 08:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
It was a joint effort between Shot First and Carnage Gaming on The Shadowlands server.

Fuzzy got a stream/video recording on it here:
http://www.twitch.tv/fuzzycg/c/1864096

As far as we know it was a world first, but if it isn't we would like to hear otherwise. The strategy is pretty evident in the video, but I'll answer any questions.

The loot was the same as 3+ stacks - 2 dread guard masks and 2 essences - 1 BH piece - also got one BH comm.
Well done. We were working on 5 stack prior to the nerf a few weeks after it came out but were only able to get it to just under 20%. We came back once to try it after the nerf and it seemed significantly easier but unfortunately getting anything done on our server is difficult due to zone lag and it being an open PVP server (basically if we can't kill it on the pull we get swarmed by world pvp).

Based on the loot, I don't think we'll be revisiting this :P. But again, well done!
Moxboss - Founder of <Memories of Xendor> on Prophecy of the Five
Moxboss, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

Ansalem
01.25.2013 , 09:06 AM | #3
grats on the kill...now do it with DT at 10 stacks to see if that amulet drops:P

Nibbon
01.25.2013 , 09:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
grats on the kill...now do it with DT at 10 stacks to see if that amulet drops:P
I think we will do 7 stacks and honestly might try up to 10 if it isn't significantly harder. We were ahead of enrage by about a full minute on our kill and that was with 2 deaths and a DC.

tahoeWolverine
01.25.2013 , 10:51 AM | #5
What is the enrage for 5-stack?
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Nibbon
01.25.2013 , 11:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by tahoeWolverine View Post
What is the enrage for 5-stack?
8 minutes

Ansalem
01.25.2013 , 01:36 PM | #7
oh you should totally be able to 10 stack then...it seems the hp increase from 5-6 stacks is only like 130k and slightly more for 7 stacks...you should be able to squeeze that out easy. I wish I had enough folks in guild to try this out.

AngelFluttershy
01.25.2013 , 02:47 PM | #8
Nice work and congrats on the kill!

XxLegendaryxX
01.25.2013 , 05:04 PM | #9
Grats to everybody in Carnage and Shot First!
Fuzzy-> Commando DPS
Recruitment Officer
The Shadowlands US East

KlownKiller
01.26.2013 , 10:56 AM | #10
at about the 3 minute mark you call for a full dps stop during some aoe damage which coincidentally stops the aoe damage for the time being, then you start it back up once people are healed up. Can you explain whats going on there?

-edit I'm sorry if I just answered my own questions, but I'd like just some clarity on the mechanic.