Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot complete Essless - crashing to desktop on last cutscene

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Cannot complete Essless - crashing to desktop on last cutscene
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jaiyne
01.25.2013 , 09:15 AM | #1
I have been unable to complete Essless on my Shadow since the last patch. I go through the instance fine until the final cutscene where you complete the flashpoint.

Given I am farming darkside points, it's frustrating to be unable to complete it after spending the time running through it. There is no warning, just crashing at the exact same point at the final cutscene over and over.

Thanks for any help.
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

EasyWhite
01.25.2013 , 09:35 AM | #2
Well, I can say that this just happened to me on the Black Talon, First time in over a year Ive crashed to the desktop (other than a rollback etc) It happened right at the point where you are asked to travel back to the fleet or on to Dromand Kaas. I selected Kaas, and Bam, crashed to desktop. Reloaded though and came back on the fleet, but I had a reward waiting for me, so I was able to finish.

Beesodd
01.25.2013 , 09:37 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys,

This is a known issue that we are working to fix. In the meantime, a workaround is to Alt & tab to your desktop and wait for the sequence to finish.

Thanks for the reports and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Tutdai
01.25.2013 , 09:39 AM | #4
same here yesterday and has been happenng for a while but i wouldn't get your hopes up on a fix as it is

a: nothing to do with the cartel
b: nothing to do with pvp
c: nothing to do with f2p

and of course is the best one

d: an actual bug that has been effecting gameplay for a while.
GUILD LEADER

NCM : NON COMPOS MENTIS
GUILD WEBSITE

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 09:53 AM | #5
One players fix for crashes in Esseles on two computers

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589017

may help someone else , but maynot.

Edit - Soundcard drivers are always overlooked but people always update video drivers.

InfernalDark
01.25.2013 , 10:06 AM | #6
alt tab doesnt work 100%

Jaiyne
01.25.2013 , 10:27 AM | #7
Thanks I will try alt+tabbing in the hopes that I can complete it.

All drivers are up to date, btw.
**Saeya*Jaiyne*India*Syarae**

POTF

xxpcwizardxx
01.28.2014 , 12:32 PM | #8
This bug seems to only be on newer gpus nvidia 500-700 series and amd xxx7 series so its graphics issue but i wish bw would just fixed it but if it could be fixed in graphics settings could be changed to fix it
May The Force Be With You.

Adric_the_Red
01.28.2014 , 01:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post
This bug seems to only be on newer gpus nvidia 500-700 series and amd xxx7 series so its graphics issue but i wish bw would just fixed it but if it could be fixed in graphics settings could be changed to fix it
"Newer" meaning "released since mid to late 2011"? Because this was an issue at launch (Dec 2011), and I think even before launch.

And while I can't address just how complex the issue is, or how difficult to fix, it does seem that it's dropped off the radar, since there's a "workaround" for it. Something like, "The players have found a workaround, so let's focus on other stuff, and put this in the 'to do when we run out of other things to fix' file".

Nishki
01.28.2014 , 02:27 PM | #10
Happens to me every time on Esseles and Black Talon and has for ages. You can complete though - just log back in and youre in the same spot. Even if you log in hours later you'll get credit for finishing. Unless your group kicked you.