Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HK-51 quest - worthwhile?

RikHar
01.22.2013 , 07:00 PM | #11
HK is a big dissapointment.

Unlike in the console KOTOR series where he talked a lot and had so many funny things to say, in the game he's almost a mute.

I did the quest line and outfitted him in assassins gear. But I refuse to run the quest line for my other level 50's. It's not worth it.

I wouldn't trade Torian on my BH for HK even if he's outfitted in top gear.

Khevar
01.22.2013 , 07:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
HK is a big dissapointment.

Unlike in the console KOTOR series where he talked a lot and had so many funny things to say, in the game he's almost a mute.

I did the quest line and outfitted him in assassins gear. But I refuse to run the quest line for my other level 50's. It's not worth it.

I wouldn't trade Torian on my BH for HK even if he's outfitted in top gear.
He was a LIFESAVER on my heal-spec Operative. You only get ONE companion on IA until the end of Chapter 1. That's like 30 freaking levels with Kaliyo who drives me up the wall.

Unlock HK-51 on my main, then legacy unlock him on my IA and have a blast.

Seriously, L I F E S A V E R

AshlaBoga
01.22.2013 , 08:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
He was a LIFESAVER on my heal-spec Operative. You only get ONE companion on IA until the end of Chapter 1. That's like 30 freaking levels with Kaliyo who drives me up the wall.

You get Vector a little bit before the end of Chapter 1. But yeah, I HATE Kaliyo. Freaking slovenly, unprofessional traitor.

My favourite part of HK-51 is his "+1 crit" for crafting, he's the only companion to have +artifice crit chance (no ship droid part for +artifice crit). And honestly, Assassinate is lovely for strongs, just don't waste it on normal/standard enemies.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

BraCokey
01.23.2013 , 09:27 PM | #14
Yes, he's worthwhile, solid rating of 118 which after a bit more hardwork can be cyberteched up to 154. he's entertaining as you unlock affection conversations. also has an AWESOME assasinate skill. very handy when you eanna cut a little time off your dailys. HK is my first preference companion. Quest requires a lot of patience with the scanner. Theoretika was a refreshing change from the usual crawl. i hope they do more like it.

MillianXXX
01.24.2013 , 05:34 AM | #15
Just found all the hidden pieces. It do take some time to find them. Use a system and team up with others. Don't just go and search randomly. It will take alot of more time.

<a href=http://download.cnet.com/Free-Youtube-Downloader-Pro/3000-2071_4-75329731.html >youtube downloader</a>
No Retreat, No Surrender

Quething
01.24.2013 , 04:31 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

I like Kaliyo, but HK was amazing for my bodyguard Merc. Try getting all the way to the end of Tatooine with two healers. :shudder:

And yeah, free kills on Silvers is an insanely good time-saver and risk-reducer at any level.

Khayleth
01.24.2013 , 10:24 PM | #17
HK is definitely worth it regardless of the spec you play. My main spec is a tank and I normally used my healer companion, once I switched to HK though I just learned to hold threat for a few seconds and by then he's already killed everything, though I admit I have pretty easy access to rakata and above gear, my HK is in mostly rakata and above, your mileage may vary.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

Irxyyy
01.25.2013 , 01:16 AM | #18
Does he have any dialogs/reputation like the real companions, or just a combat ally?
// believing is bleeding

Jules
01.25.2013 , 09:02 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Irxyyy View Post
Does he have any dialogs/reputation like the real companions, or just a combat ally?
He does but he won't comment throughout the story, you can only talk to him on the ship. And the only way of getting the affection up to talk to him is through gifts. Quite disappointing actually.
** "No friends, no enemies. Only allies and adversaries." **
---> There'll be fried Calamari tonight! <---