Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

Zoiks
01.25.2013 , 04:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I think you have no idea how much worse it could have been, there are plenty of really bad directors around. The issue with episode I to III wasn't the story, it was that Lucas lost his mojo, he didn't knew anymore how pacing works, how practical effects are sometimes better, and he had never been really good in telling the actors how to act, which got really terrible when they had to act in front of greenscreens for most of the time with the prequels. The original trilogy had also quite a simple story and was big on emotions and had nice action, all the things that J.J. Abrams is capable of delivering (only the lens flare thing he is doing can be annoying).
Oh I realize there are much worse, but Disney isn't stupid enough to give a project like this to Uwe Boll or Paul W. S Anderson. They're just blindly jumping on the Abrams bandwagon. I mean, hey I enjoyed Alias, early Fringe, and early Lost. I can even enjoy Star Trek when I can get my brain to shut off. But frankly he's only a step above Michael Bay.

I get it, they see how he "revitalized" the Star Trek franchise and hope he can do the same here. But in my opinion Abrams has KILLED the Star Trek franchise, from now forward we're likely to get nothing but schlocky action movies/series there. And now it seems likely Star Wars will be the same.

Ulfrik_Wulfgar
01.25.2013 , 06:02 AM | #22
Good choice in directors, bad choice in titles. I really hope they set the new film/s in The Old Republic era to tie-in with this game. Not only would that boost sales for this game but this era is far more interesting with its cold war, Machiavellian politics and corruption. Jedi and Sith at the height of their powers battling on a scale not seen before; Battle of Gondor with lightsabers anyone?

lasstn
01.25.2013 , 06:16 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Perfect fit. Disney got it right.
How?

Everything he ever made has been crap.

Horrible choice.

lasstn
01.25.2013 , 06:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hardwear View Post
Yeah I realize that the timelines are melleniums apart, but I still think EABioWare has an opportunity to take advantage of the publicity the new movies will generate.
Why do people write EABioware?

Just write one or the other, as it is the same thing.....

Rahak
01.25.2013 , 07:15 AM | #25
Anything Old Republic related needs to stay the hell away from it.
Kagekvinde

Themanthatisi
01.25.2013 , 08:25 AM | #26
Yeah I realize that the timelines are melleniums apart, but I still think EABioWare has an opportunity to take advantage of the publicity the new movies will generate.
YEP! Star Wars is the title of this game and the next movie....

Themanthatisi
01.25.2013 , 08:28 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ulfrik_Wulfgar View Post
Good choice in directors, bad choice in titles. I really hope they set the new film/s in The Old Republic era to tie-in with this game. Not only would that boost sales for this game but this era is far more interesting with its cold war, Machiavellian politics and corruption. Jedi and Sith at the height of their powers battling on a scale not seen before; Battle of Gondor with lightsabers anyone?
I agree, but I would bring it back to just befor Kotor 1 and the rise and fall of Revan and Malek during the Mandalorian wars....

Darth Revan could be more captivating then even Vader was....and hopefully it will take longer then 3min of film to show Revan's fall to the dark side (the final transition). lol.

Hardwear
01.25.2013 , 11:45 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by lasstn View Post
Why do people write EABioware?

Just write one or the other, as it is the same thing.....

Not sure about everyone else, but I do it just to annoy you specifically.
Squadron: 1020 367

lasstn
01.25.2013 , 11:53 AM | #29
Not sure about everyone else, but I do it just to annoy you specifically.
No, you do it because you dont understand that it is the same company.

Hardwear
01.25.2013 , 12:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Themanthatisi View Post
YEP! Star Wars is the title of this game and the next movie....
Obviouly, but I'm just curious about what or if there will be an influence on content within the game based on what we will see in the movies.
Squadron: 1020 367