Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars

lobstah_rofls
01.24.2013 , 10:59 PM | #11
Is this serious???

Worst news possible.

Abrams is the king of forgetable shlock. He is not a story teller; he makes cheap roller coaster rides.

vian
01.24.2013 , 11:06 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by lobstah_rofls View Post
Is this serious???

Worst news possible.

Abrams is the king of forgetable shlock. He is not a story teller; he makes cheap roller coaster rides.
No. Worst news possible would be George going "Meesa back!" and taking over as director himself

OK, Abrams isn't Joss W or Gullermo Del T, but he's no slouch. And his pacing's good; a roller coaster ride is exactly what a SW film should be. And the story is not in his hands; it's being written off of GWLs notes by the guy who wrote Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine. So his influence over the actual storytelling will me mitigated somewhat, I suspect.
Two blasters; no waiting!

lobstah_rofls
01.24.2013 , 11:08 PM | #13
Oh god this is real....it's actually real...

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Garravesh
01.24.2013 , 11:14 PM | #14
Cant say that I am impressed. None of his movies and only 2 of his tv shows have been to my liking. Revolution and that spy tv show on years ago if I recall.

He is a well respected Film man though I am not a fan of his movies someone seems to think he can do the franchise good.

I am not a fan of relaunched/rebooted or reimagined tv shows or movies..he seems to be in the thich of them.

Will I watch the movies? Probably..with many reservations

Skodan
01.25.2013 , 12:44 AM | #15
you can do a star wars and star trek film as the same person!!!
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Stradlin
01.25.2013 , 01:11 AM | #16
Turns out...the Secret Planet they spend 2 movies searching was actually RIGHT above the magic place in space where the Opening Crawl texts eternally crawl about:O:O:O
ÖMFG:O
*Mind humped like harlot come saturday:O*

*lost logo*

darthgamer
01.25.2013 , 02:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
you can do a star wars and star trek film as the same person!!!
I think hell froze over lol you know the Trekkies are flippin out!
Squadron 11-11-11

bbare
01.25.2013 , 02:41 AM | #18
Star Wars Episode VII: Return of the Lens Flare.
The Vanity Legacy

Zoiks
01.25.2013 , 02:59 AM | #19
NOOOO!

Come on, this guy is about the worst possible choice for Star Wars. The last three were bad because they focused too much on action and politics, and too little on story. That's EXACTLY the kind of movies this guy does best, they might as well just name the next movie The Phantom Menace Returns.

Alternatively they could name it The Lens Flare Strikes Back.

Gah....damn you Disney execs....

Drudenfusz
01.25.2013 , 03:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoiks View Post
NOOOO!

Come on, this guy is about the worst possible choice for Star Wars. The last three were bad because they focused too much on action and politics, and too little on story. That's EXACTLY the kind of movies this guy does best, they might as well just name the next movie The Phantom Menace Returns.

Alternatively they could name it The Lens Flare Strikes Back.

Gah....damn you Disney execs....
I think you have no idea how much worse it could have been, there are plenty of really bad directors around. The issue with episode I to III wasn't the story, it was that Lucas lost his mojo, he didn't knew anymore how pacing works, how practical effects are sometimes better, and he had never been really good in telling the actors how to act, which got really terrible when they had to act in front of greenscreens for most of the time with the prequels. The original trilogy had also quite a simple story and was big on emotions and had nice action, all the things that J.J. Abrams is capable of delivering (only the lens flare thing he is doing can be annoying).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version