Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
WORKAROUND - Flashpoint Crashing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NasherUK
01.20.2013 , 06:25 AM | #71
How have these cutscene crashes not been fixed yet? They should also be at the top of the list of things to fix...

They only started happening after a patch so clearly something was screwed up in that patch. They need to spend much more time testing because these crash bugs should have been picked up right away.

Rouakh
01.20.2013 , 06:39 AM | #72
Crush at the first Empire flashpoint with General-traitor. ***? I can't play and my subscribtion is running out. What a mess?

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 06:47 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouakh View Post
Crush at the first Empire flashpoint with General-traitor. ***? I can't play and my subscribtion is running out. What a mess?
If it is similar issue for esselles and black talon, there is several things you can try, not everyone crashes with these FP, those that have have reported the below solutions, now what works for one machine maynot work for another.
And like me some just don't have an issue.

1) Turn off Bloom ingame

2) If Nvidia User try Turning off Ambient Occlusions

3) turn off threaded optimization in Nvidia control panel

4) Lower all Graphics To Minimum for hyperspace jump and then restore settings after the jump

5) Stopped OCing on RAM and run repair

6) Minimize Game during hyperspace jump

Viperswhip
01.25.2013 , 02:06 AM | #74
Damn it, this didn't work for me either. I've tried all the work arounds. What I don't get it, is that before I left the game in January 2012 I had run this dozens of times with no problems! What did Bioware do to screw it up in the meantime?

OwenBrooks
01.25.2013 , 02:23 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Viperswhip View Post
Damn it, this didn't work for me either. I've tried all the work arounds. What I don't get it, is that before I left the game in January 2012 I had run this dozens of times with no problems! What did Bioware do to screw it up in the meantime?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=587898&page=2 may help as well , minimize is the failsafe to stop crashing from what i hear

Viperswhip
01.25.2013 , 02:36 AM | #76
Heh, when I say I tried it all, I did. I tried them all at the same time, including minimizing the screen. I've googled it, searched the forums and been very thourough. Well, I won't be playing again until it's fixed and won't be renewing my subscription until it is fixed. It's just pathetic. But I will hold out a great amount of hope that it is what they are fixing here in a few hours. I am glad I am running through on my Shadow to test it though because it only takes 10 minutes or so, but I've tried almost a dozen times now.

KariTalRathe
01.25.2013 , 07:06 AM | #77
This thread was a life-saver for me, but it seems the workaround is no longer working; that is, alt tabbing out of game no longer saves me from crashing during the hyper-speed animation. I'm hoping that this current maintenance will see a hotfix that at least sees the workaround working again - with so many permatations when it comes to sw/hw, I am not optimistic that a complete fix will ever be possible - outside of removing the animation from game entirely.

Fortunately I don't have much time for space missions, where I get the same issue, so will just uncheck the affected FPs if this issue persists.

Viperswhip
01.25.2013 , 11:11 AM | #78
Okay well you scared me with the space mission thing, so I tested it this morning and it works fine, so in a leap of faith I tried the Esseles again, no luck there though.

Thanks Bioware. I can only imagine what the outcry would be in the F2P people could post here. That's only THE pre eminent flashpoint, you know, the one you used in your marketing campaign for the game since early 2011. Do F2Ps get it for free? Can you imagine having to pay to unlock it and that's what you get at the end? lol

Now I know it works for most people but a subset of the 1 million or so F2P plays is probably just as mad.

Whitering
01.25.2013 , 07:04 PM | #79
Well, I cobbled together an old machine tonight, and did all the tricks on it (don't know if I had to) and it seemed to give me credit for the last 6 or so times I tried this.

floboy
02.06.2013 , 03:29 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
If it is similar issue for esselles and black talon, there is several things you can try, not everyone crashes with these FP, those that have have reported the below solutions, now what works for one machine maynot work for another.
And like me some just don't have an issue.

1) Turn off Bloom ingame

2) If Nvidia User try Turning off Ambient Occlusions

3) turn off threaded optimization in Nvidia control panel

4) Lower all Graphics To Minimum for hyperspace jump and then restore settings after the jump

5) Stopped OCing on RAM and run repair

6) Minimize Game during hyperspace jump
1) => doesn't solve
2) => doesn't solve
3) => doesn't solve
4) => doesn't solve
5) => (N/A) / => doesn't solve

6) work ! - (only in fullscreen mode , not in fullscreen-borderless)