Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Zorn & Toth

Raiderjedi
01.20.2013 , 10:06 PM | #21
Here is the same guild killing him on day one of release. Tell me which makes more sense to try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFvwX9tSsW8

As to the exploit, it defiantly is not. It's ignoring mechanics which is done all the time. You just have to live with the consequences should you chose to ignore them. In this case you have to burn through Toth taking 50% less damage while he is in berserk.

Now as for telling other how to play until you post a video of you and your lackies taking down "progression content" keep it to yourself.

Darth_Dreselus
01.21.2013 , 08:45 AM | #22
This fight is generally buggy overall (and if not buggy just not very well designed) and it has been since it came out. I have had times where Zorn applies fearful but no jump happens. If the tanks are communicating well, they will switch regardless. As for too fast DPS it is very simple for the tank to call out how much time is left on fearful and have the DPS ease up for a while (thus allowing them to regain resources and do a short term burst afterwards to even it out). Even if the switch happens with cca 5s left on fearful it will wear off by the time the tanks are positioned. Never saw an enrage on 8 man and do not run 16 man I cannot comment on that (I don't trust that many people to do well).

Complaining that bugging a fight out causes bugs to appear is pointless.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

HoboWithAStick
01.21.2013 , 09:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiderjedi View Post
Here is the same guild killing him on day one of release. Tell me which makes more sense to try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFvwX9tSsW8

As to the exploit, it defiantly is not. It's ignoring mechanics which is done all the time. You just have to live with the consequences should you chose to ignore them. In this case you have to burn through Toth taking 50% less damage while he is in berserk.

Now as for telling other how to play until you post a video of you and your lackies taking down "progression content" keep it to yourself.
Warstalker title, if you notice in the video we get the 1 hour remaining during the fight. We completed the instance in just over an hour and didn't exploit toth and zorn ! Also we had one wipe as well on tanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvGlr...qEwmGIfwXK2UOQ

Chaqen
01.21.2013 , 02:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
With that said, our DPS do have to hold back at several points, not due to fearful, but due to jump mechanics. Specifically, if you push Toth through a HP trigger during Sonic Paralysis, he's going to jump pretty much right on the end of the cast (we've even seen him bug out so he jumps *during* Sonic Paralysis). This is super annoying since the Zorn tank is low and potentially still stunned (I'm not sure why, but my cotank never clicks off the debuff), and so the tank swap and timing gets screwed up immediately thereafter.
If you run with 2 shadows, neither of the two tanks should be stunned. You should use your CC breaker on the first one, and time force shroud to prevent the second stun. Tanking with fearful shouldnt be to hard on your healers, unless people are positioning themselves to be in range of the avoidable aoes. If and when a healer is having hard times healing this fight, it is usually the case of bad positioning, or poor/slow tank swaps... if things are done right, this is one of the easiest fights to heal in the game.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Leafy_Bug
01.24.2013 , 03:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
If tanks does the boss swap correctly DPS don't have to hold back.

I will keep that in mind when I have 30s left on my fearful.

Chaqen
01.24.2013 , 08:32 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
I will keep that in mind when I have 30s left on my fearful.
That has to be a bit of a exaggeration, if i remember off the top of my head, fearful only lasts 45 seconds, i doubt it is possible to reach the dps numbers that would be needed, unless you had an odd number of dps on a single mob.
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

Donalj
01.24.2013 , 09:40 PM | #27
If your DPS is pushing past phases, they are BAD DPS. It isn't hard to stop dpsing for 5-10 seconds.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot