Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Obirayy
01.23.2013 , 08:45 PM | #2311
Quote: Originally Posted by sankalp View Post
Start Fri Nov 30 12:00:00 2012

What high latency. I played it last night at 30ms. I didnt get any high latency to MDN
A lot of people from Singapore have stopped playing because of the high latency and they can't do ranked warzones
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 12:48 AM | #2312
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
A lot of people from Singapore have stopped playing because of the high latency and they can't do ranked warzones
This is why you have high latency http://advisories.internode.on.net/item/10735/

Evgen
01.24.2013 , 01:37 AM | #2313
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Maybe it is just a cable fault causing high latency http://advisories.internode.on.net/item/10735/
We are talking about since the launch of APAC servers. I'm in Japan and I also get much better ping to the US West Coast servers. Been playing regularly since launch, it's never been good.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 01:50 AM | #2314
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
We are talking about since the launch of APAC servers. I'm in Japan and I also get much better ping to the US West Coast servers. Been playing regularly since launch, it's never been good.
Yeah I know it use to be like 100-200ms but this is likely why it is now 400ms for some, yeah it is higher then the 30ms i get and that is just due to the location.

MyPetMonkey
01.24.2013 , 04:09 PM | #2315
Looks like we got trolled guys..... GG EAWARE.... GG

Evgen
01.24.2013 , 05:28 PM | #2316
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Looks like we got trolled guys..... GG EAWARE.... GG
Well there has been a huge response to the post by Joveth. Falling on deaf ears I think though.
There really was nothing to ask, enough conversing went on in this thread over the past half year.
A follow up WITH a solution is required.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

ChuangTzu
01.24.2013 , 05:34 PM | #2317
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
Well it's been over a week and nearly 40 pages of replies and it is clear what is the most popular option. So how about an update on a decision?
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Antiskeptic
01.24.2013 , 05:56 PM | #2318
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Well it's been over a week and nearly 40 pages of replies and it is clear what is the most popular option. So how about an update on a decision?
this ^
//

Cheezfriend
01.24.2013 , 06:24 PM | #2319
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
^^^ Need a reply from BW, this thread is already starting to die off again, come on BW do something! Get me off Master Dar'Nala!!!

Ailie
01.24.2013 , 06:45 PM | #2320
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
^^^ Need a reply from BW, this thread is already starting to die off again, come on BW do something! Get me off Master Dar'Nala!!!
Yes please for Cheez

But please leave Gav Daragon alone!
Meh...