Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good guilds still accused of hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Good guilds still accused of hacks

Nneji
01.21.2013 , 07:51 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Dierdrea View Post
I am pretty sure the developer's purpose of making the hut is to create blindspots, especially if someone hides in a corner. They could have easily exposed it like civil war and that would be super uninteresting.

Now /stuck and in warzone respecs, those are of a different nature...
No there's a very small and specific snug spot that completely hides your nameplate, it is different from the normal sight line issues where there are just objects in the way. It adds a higher level of stealth based on a flaw in the design for people who are aware of it. It's totally an exploit, there's no way it was intentional.
Lord Messalla Ba'Drakor
Army of Monkeys

JP_Legatus
01.22.2013 , 02:38 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Ok good, you healed in a lot games - again, how does that relate to hacking/exploiting?

So far, your entire argument is based on "I play for a leet guild hence I know everything!"

But since you claim "superior observational skills", tell me this:
Do you know how a lag switch works and what it would look like in game?
Do you know how speedhacks or teleporting works?
Do you know how GCD hacks work and what that would look like?

Please demonstrate your expertise, not just empty bravado. I could - can you?
Lag switches are silly and don't even really provide any kind of advantage. Most likely the player is dead when his connection finally catches up, as evidenced earlier in this thread with that x-lis or whatever guy who got his face exploded.
Speedhacks: carnage marauders with speed bonus with predation and picking up the speed boost
GCD hacks: carnage marauder using berserk and retaliate

In other words, l2p
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

sphyg
01.22.2013 , 07:54 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Lag switches are silly and don't even really provide any kind of advantage. Most likely the player is dead when his connection finally catches up, as evidenced earlier in this thread with that x-lis or whatever guy who got his face exploded.
Speedhacks: carnage marauders with speed bonus with predation and picking up the speed boost
GCD hacks: carnage marauder using berserk and retaliate

In other words, l2p
unless you are a stealth class

lag switches can be usefull if you are stealthed out and go and cap a door... seen it done

a guildie actually knew this persons dad, and confirmed that he was in fact using a lag switch. this was in june or something though. Havent seen it recently
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

JP_Legatus
01.22.2013 , 11:43 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by sphyg View Post
unless you are a stealth class

lag switches can be usefull if you are stealthed out and go and cap a door... seen it done

a guildie actually knew this persons dad, and confirmed that he was in fact using a lag switch. this was in june or something though. Havent seen it recently
I'm confused as to how lag will help you cap a door behind the guy guarding it
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

sphyg
01.22.2013 , 11:48 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
I'm confused as to how lag will help you cap a door behind the guy guarding it

if i understood it correctly, you flip the lag switch while stealthed. then you can unstealth and cap the door and the server still shows you being stealthed. In essence, you cap the door while in stealth.

I could be wrong, but i had my camera on the door the whole time, and there was nobody there. as soon as the bomb was capped he appeared for an instant then stealthed again...

Again this was on the first server i was on. and it was a long time ago.
The Chatos Paladins

absoluteR
01.23.2013 , 02:26 AM | #126
if i understood it correctly, you flip the lag switch while stealthed. then you can unstealth and cap the door and the server still shows you being stealthed. In essence, you cap the door while in stealth.

I could be wrong, but i had my camera on the door the whole time, and there was nobody there. as soon as the bomb was capped he appeared for an instant then stealthed again...

this would obviously only work if u were host.. which ur not so..
The Harbinger: Yvi'tisi | Blueberryy | Bgg | Dzr
The Bastion: Astronomical | Protensityy
Prophecy of the Five: Amazingness | I'need-money
Got Strafe?

Joshoholic
01.23.2013 , 04:14 PM | #127
I may not PVP as much as others on here, but I have never seen the guilds accused of cheating, actually do any cheating. Simple to me, if you accuse, you better have proof. If there is no proof, you should apologize for false accusations.
Doochi - All Out Assault - The Harbinger - Republic

Just ignore that marker above me :waves hand:

totherkins
01.23.2013 , 04:21 PM | #128

They fixed this AWHILE back and it wasnt a lag switch some people did it without even knowing aka guild vs guild. There was A LOT of bugs back in the day their is still an issue with some mechanics I.E. Juggs leaping and making it seem like they are lagging out/untargeteable when in reality its a server issue and not the person pressing something or flipping a switch its been out since launch still have yet to fix it
Ttherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

sphyg
01.23.2013 , 04:44 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
They fixed this AWHILE back and it wasnt a lag switch some people did it without even knowing aka guild vs guild. There was A LOT of bugs back in the day their is still an issue with some mechanics I.E. Juggs leaping and making it seem like they are lagging out/untargeteable when in reality its a server issue and not the person pressing something or flipping a switch its been out since launch still have yet to fix it
I am aware of the exact bug you are speaking of. This was after that bug was smashed. I'm not certain it was a lag switch. His dad said that's what he was using.

Either way, if you read about what a lag switch does it seems very possible that you can appear stealthed to everyone else but actually be capping the door. (Even when not the host) nit saying I'm right by any means. Just sharing what I've read.
The Chatos Paladins

Mr_Elotes
01.24.2013 , 05:45 PM | #130
Not just guilds...I was told I hack. By a teammate. When I ask how so, they responded that I was using a stealth hack on my toon in the sig. Said there was no reason for me to be popping in and out of stealth and then staying stealthed after I did it a few times. On the run. Going to the objective...
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Camps, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer