Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin with Electro Staff?

dermitni
01.24.2013 , 12:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
this thread inspired me to make a electrostaff weilding assassin dressed like a imperial guard in a RP server : D
Hehehe... That was my idea, too, and that's what my assassin should look like once he hits level 43, which is the required level for the appropriate chest piece.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard
Jung Ma: Lythe Vodaine - Jedi Healer

cycao
01.24.2013 , 12:20 PM | #12
Don't all charges require a dbl bladed lightsaber?

dermitni
01.24.2013 , 03:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Don't all charges require a dbl bladed lightsaber?
Only for activation. Once they're active, you can switch weapons and the charges will work with your new weapon, too.
The Progenitor: Hran'orfon - Chiss Ascendancy Sniper Vidaar Amakiir - Imperial Honor Guard

dermitni
02.11.2013 , 11:45 PM | #14
Here's another update; I hit level 43 on Sunday and made some more screenshots:

Skill tree:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOj...ZKWDd1XzA/edit

Vidaar:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOj...duWGNzSms/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOj...ZJN29nWUk/edit

Apart from yet another unusable ability ("Spike"), I did not have any major problems reaching level 43 and progressing in my class story to chapter 3. Killing enemies goes faster now btw. with enough Willpower and the correct rotation (although it might go even faster of course if I wasn't forbidden 4 of my abilities); I mostly don't even need companions.

Next goal: level 50 and beyond.

Cheers, Niko

_biddan_
02.14.2013 , 03:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Here's another update; I hit level 43 on Sunday and made some more screenshots:

Skill tree:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOj...ZKWDd1XzA/edit

Vidaar:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOj...duWGNzSms/edit
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzOj...ZJN29nWUk/edit

Apart from yet another unusable ability ("Spike"), I did not have any major problems reaching level 43 and progressing in my class story to chapter 3. Killing enemies goes faster now btw. with enough Willpower and the correct rotation (although it might go even faster of course if I wasn't forbidden 4 of my abilities); I mostly don't even need companions.

Next goal: level 50 and beyond.

Cheers, Niko
i admire your goal,i'm doing the same thing with a body type 3 chiss sith assassin on my main server (pvp,tofn) because i can level faster there,once i get the chance i'm going to transfer him in a RP server and role play a very unusual chiss imperial guard.

(good news btw,with the expansion's update we'll be able to use most of the unusable abilities with the electrostaffs)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

dermitni
02.16.2013 , 04:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
(good news btw,with the expansion's update we'll be able to use most of the unusable abilities with the electrostaffs)
Really??

I didn't see this in the info about the expansion; did they write this in one of the dozen threads about electrostaves?

Cheers, Niko

KettleBelll
02.17.2013 , 12:12 AM | #17
Have you people even looked at an Electrostaff?

As someone that has carried around a SAW and a M-16, all day, everywhere, I can safely tell you that you would prefer to have a double-bladed lightsaber for your adventures around the galaxy instead of toting around an Electrostaff.

What is wrong with ya'll?

dermitni
02.17.2013 , 01:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
What is wrong with ya'll?
(1)
It's about the horrible design descision by Bioware to restrict each class to certain weapons and armor design only "so you can identify the class from afar" (the latter was a design step backwards (and towards "dumbing down the game") from much older games like Baldur's Gate 2 (or KOTOR!) where I could at least choose from different weapons for each class -- not to speak from Bethsoft's great game Skyrim where I can use any weapon (and armor) I want and still throw fireballs like a real mage). Regarding armor they lifted the restriction by introducing adaptive armor and later by rolling out almost all typical armor styles that are usable by all classes via the Cartel Market.

(2)
It's about diversity: Isn't it simply boring that every assassin in the galaxy is wielding the same weapon? And wasn't the double-bladed lightsaber originally something that Darth Maul constructed for himself and that no other lightsaber-wielder used, be it Jedi or Sith? So, you want to run around the galaxy like everyone else? Fine by me but I do not and you simply should accept that as a fact.

(3)
There are staff-wielding monks in our real world in some of the East-Asian religions. They're wielding staves, not doubleglowsticks.

(4)
People run around in armor with speeder-sized shoulder pads and are wielding Vibroswords the size of a small star fighter wing (both ugly as hell) and you are complaining about people wielding elegant staves?

So, there is nothing wrong with us; we simply want to play the game in a way that is possible by the game mechanics but still suits us. And if you have a problem with this: What's wrong with you?

Cheers, Niko

_biddan_
02.17.2013 , 06:09 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by dermitni View Post
Really??

I didn't see this in the info about the expansion; did they write this in one of the dozen threads about electrostaves?

Cheers, Niko
yes,it's in the datamine.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Luckeyduckey
02.17.2013 , 09:25 AM | #20
Rise of the Hutt is allowing the use of Electro Staff for charges and discharge. Maybe even Maul.
Svenskar
FOTM Powertech since launch
Unsubbed due to lack of PvP content.