Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck at "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 01:01 PM | #51
Spoiler

This post has been edited to include spoiler tags. – CS Forum Team

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 01:02 PM | #52
Latest log I got, can someone confirm if there is something wrong in it? Even after an OS reinstall I still got the issue.

Bronholz
01.24.2013 , 01:29 PM | #53 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again GoodGuyChuck,

So of the files are becoming corrupted during the patching process and forcing the launcher to keep recreating them.

Please can you go to the game folder and delete these two files:
  • patcher.version
  • retailclient_swtor.version
Please then reboot your computer and try to patch again. If this still continues to stick please post the log of that attempt.

For testing purposes would you have space to move swtor to the other drive?

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

KrishnaeMarcelle
01.24.2013 , 01:39 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by SILVERghostt View Post
give me a break. the person posting above you does NOT have a virus. as they stated this all started with the new patch.

and I KNOW I do NOT have a virus and I have not been able to play either since this latest patch. I tried this and that fix and one fix a customer service person said would NOT reinstall the whole game and guess what? after deleting said files it DID download the stupid game again. over 11 GB's worth. BS. and guess what? it STILL does not play.

now it just sticks in a different place. "Installing Game Client 1 (99%)" and does ***** from there. way to put out a crappy patch and knock many of what little users you have left from playing the game.

how about fix the crap and actually test patches before you put them out. game played fine before this latest patch other than the usual memory leak crap where it crashes every hour or so.

fix this crap or refund people a month worth of play time or recall this piece of crap patch.

It happened to me exactly the same thing. I followed the steps that support designated and had to download 11GB again. My connection is not so good (20Mbps) then took a good part of last night.

In the morning, I was running the game and guess what: it did not work. The facilities were made the new update, but the game got stuck on the loading screen.

Already ran everything I was instructed by another user and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS WORKING! But everything worked perfectly before the update.

I am angry, frustrated, upset!
Wayii, ni mirdala dalal'ika!

The Harbinger
The Claws Legacy

Bronholz
01.24.2013 , 01:53 PM | #55 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
KrishnaeMarcelle,

Sorry to hear that the issues are still ongoing.

Please can you try re-downloading the launcher & setup files from here.

Also to help investigate your issue can you please provide us with a Dxdiag.
Spoiler

Thanks for your patience.

KrishnaeMarcelle
01.24.2013 , 02:03 PM | #56
I've done it all, as you can see in another topic ...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=589975&page=3

But here, again ...

Spoiler

The Harbinger
The Claws Legacy

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 02:05 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Hi again GoodGuyChuck,

So of the files are becoming corrupted during the patching process and forcing the launcher to keep recreating them.

Please can you go to the game folder and delete these two files:
  • patcher.version
  • retailclient_swtor.version
Please then reboot your computer and try to patch again. If this still continues to stick please post the log of that attempt.

For testing purposes would you have space to move swtor to the other drive?

Thanks.
Spoiler

Still doesnt work, though I couldnt find any retailclient_swtor.version file.

KrishnaeMarcelle
01.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #58
second part:

Spoiler

As you can see, a player who has already told me many errors. Have uninstalled and reinstalled all drives, programs and stuff possible.

Oh gosh, I'm tired of it. Every update is the same thing.
I'ma player since the game's release last year. I have been faithful and frequent player all this time, but I'm getting tired.

The Harbinger
The Claws Legacy

GoodGuyChuck
01.24.2013 , 02:10 PM | #59
Spoiler

Here is the dxdiag if you want it.

Bronholz
01.24.2013 , 02:20 PM | #60 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
KrishnaeMarcelle,

I can see that from the other thread you were advised to update your drivers, but they still seem to be from 7/4/2012. Are these the latest drivers available for your card? You can check the manufacturers website for any updates.

GoodGuyChuck,

Do you have space to move the folder to a different drive?

I would also like you to (as suggested by OwenBrooks) to try running a chkdsk and Memtest86+.

Thanks.