Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consular voice

redsovereign
01.23.2013 , 01:31 PM | #1
I know I apologize.. I know this have been talked about over and over but the thing is that when I bought the game for early access this is how epic I thought the consular voice and lines would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4jTpHSoh6s

The voice and script is awesome in this trailer...

And to this day I still don't understand what happened
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

Whitering
01.23.2013 , 01:53 PM | #2
Not the same voice actor? I haven't played a male consular yet. That sucks then. The female consular is pretty good.

eldefail
01.23.2013 , 06:15 PM | #3
I'm very satisfied with the female consular. The male voice just sounds derpy though.

redsovereign
01.24.2013 , 03:45 AM | #4
But that's just the thing, the male doesn't sound derpy in the trailer... But might be as the other guy said, that the voice was changed.
Why they would do this though I do not understand I think the trailer vocie is very epic and very proper to a jedi who hav e great wisdom.

maxetius
01.24.2013 , 11:25 AM | #5
The problem with the Consular's voice is it's pretty obvious they didn't do it all in one take. Nolan North is extremely prolific and probably had a lot of other voices to work on. So the voice work is disjointed and sometimes it's like he isn't speaking into the Mic. [which you'd think the guy who did the voice of Desmond in 5 assassin's creed games would know how to do] And in the end it has it's issues.

It is probably the poorest male voice in the game.

That said he does sound a lot better at the end of act 2. [like when you melt that imperial doctor's brain. "What's one more mad scientist in the Empire?"

redsovereign
01.24.2013 , 12:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
The problem with the Consular's voice is it's pretty obvious they didn't do it all in one take. Nolan North is extremely prolific and probably had a lot of other voices to work on. So the voice work is disjointed and sometimes it's like he isn't speaking into the Mic. [which you'd think the guy who did the voice of Desmond in 5 assassin's creed games would know how to do] And in the end it has it's issues.

It is probably the poorest male voice in the game.

That said he does sound a lot better at the end of act 2. [like when you melt that imperial doctor's brain. "What's one more mad scientist in the Empire?"
haven't played that far so don't spoil pls :P

But yes i agree with you, its terrible at most situations

_biddan_
01.24.2013 , 12:53 PM | #7
i only hate when he says "the jedi waaaaay it to seeerve",for the rest i love the voice.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

ckoneful
01.26.2013 , 03:08 AM | #8
That 2 minute video made the Consular look more bad *** then the 200 hours of voice over gameplay ingame.

Also, that is the same Voice Actor though.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
55 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 45 Sorceror
11 Sentinel 50 Gunslinger 52 Vanguard 55 Shadow
83% of Class Stories completed

tXHereticXt
01.26.2013 , 03:09 AM | #9
It's the same voice actor, you're just hearing new lines.

Nolan North faking an Old English accent is terrible. I know a lot of people love/d North but if he just kept the same tone as he did for Uncharted, I would have felt better. It's nausiating right now and I just tune that stuff out, it's one of the reasons why I would have preferred if all voice actors did lines for all classes and we could choose. I'd have at least picked the Inquisitor, Warrior, or Knight (Solid Snake) voice actors instead.

It's sad when someone like Jonathan Mallen pops up (who voices Vergil in Ninja Theory's DmC) him playing as a Consular would have been ****** for a male role.

ImperialHippy
01.26.2013 , 03:36 PM | #10
Must be in the minority here but I actually really liked Nolan's performance in the game. Found it better than the male bounty hunter to be honest and a good fit for the Jedi I was playing. Some lines were a bit jarring but I found that in all the classes, more so in my dark jedi knight im sad to say, was really looking forward to plain solid snake with a lightsaber too