Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

Carter_Mathis
01.23.2013 , 06:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
Guardian tank, 3 healers(1 bubble stun) either 3 smashers 1 gunslinger/sniper or 2 and 2. This should and will be one of the best setups to combat every team running 3 healers now.

You'll be able to have 2 guarding a node, simply because you have 3 healers obviously. I'd recommend one of your smashers be a sentinel and able to respec combat/carnage for huttball.
Overrated. 8 scoundrels
/thread
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Shreb
01.23.2013 , 06:23 PM | #22
OK... there appears to be enough interest in doing this still, so I will get a mumble or vent server... haven't decided which. If it ultimately isn't used enough to justify, I'll just cancel it, but it can be a social spot for any pug PVP... fine with me. I'll make the capacity 50. Won't get to it tonight, but probably tomorrow during work sometime.

Save the Cheerleader.. Save the world!
Save Barbie... Make Ken Happy

You decide.
Devíldog, Cheerleader, Shreb, Redskín, Devildög, Magnanimous
<The Doofenschmirtz Legacy>

Dhrasur
01.23.2013 , 06:39 PM | #23
I thought pubs could use bad rep mumble and imps could use virtus and honor mumble?
Empire Ilye - Marauder | Vahilo - Sniper | Ijis - Sorcerer
Republic Unreal - Scoundrel
<Uncensored> | Jedi Covenant [Keller's Void]

BlackMoD
01.24.2013 , 08:20 AM | #24
Good post devil,

Those in Ascension who have participated in the pug ranked nights have really enjoyed it and our PVE off nights correlate with most other guilds it seems. You can count on some of us to join the pug ranked nights.
Ascension Apply Here
5/5 NiM TFB, 7/7 NiM S&V (8/16 man) & DF/DP HM (8 /16 man)
Rialus - Sage Healer (From Beyond, Eternal Warrior)
Shifthappens - Vanguard DPS (does stuff)

Milly_
01.24.2013 , 09:07 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Shreb View Post
Save Barbie... Make Ken Happy
Glad you're looking out for me, Devildog.

Utopii
01.24.2013 , 10:06 AM | #26
Ranked pvp, by design, was created for high level of pvp play. A place where organized, competitive and talented guilds could slug it out. It was a place to escape the bitter cold truth of pugs and play with like minded players and guildies who are just as good as you are and take it just as serious.

The problem.....

This game is not competitive because bioware never made anything worth competing for. There are no rewards or "ego stroking" that would be needed for competitive ranked teams. Simple things like unique titles, special armor sets, something/anything for the top % of pvpers and pveers. In turn many of the good pvp guilds and pve guilds have left this game for other things.

The fix......

Make is so that ranked pvp matters. Make it so that by doing it you are somehow working towards a higher goal. Make pve not so bland by spicing up the loot itemization and stop rehashing old zones. Make the **** rare and not craftable by every weekend warrior on the server.

For anyone to say they are a top pve guild or top pvp guild at this point of this game is like conquering your sandbox in your mom's backyard as a 35 year old man. The truth is until this game brings out "incentives" you will find the majority of truly competitive world wide guilds moving elsewhere because this game does not supply them with their fix and fuel for their competitive drive.

For those wanting to do ranked wz they were created mainly for the top guilds on each server. However, because there are so few "top guilds" it a ghost town... and has been a ghost town...and will always BE a ghost town. Kickball style pvp is terribly annoying for competitive guilds because ranked wz's was a way to get away from the pug atmosphere. So I can't blame uncensored for their decision. However, I don't understand how uncensored didn't get the memo a few months back that the ranked scene is dead and has been for many months. So given the circumstance at least kickball was a way to bring some life back into ranked even if it wasn't what it was intended for.
LD50
Lethal Dose Fifty - GM
Recruitment | Apply | Roster
www.ld-fifty.com

Milly_
01.24.2013 , 10:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Utopii View Post
This game is not competitive because bioware never made anything worth competing for. There are no rewards or "ego stroking" that would be needed for competitive ranked teams. Simple things like unique titles, special armor sets, something/anything for the top % of pvpers and pveers. In turn many of the good pvp guilds and pve guilds have left this game for other things.
Try telling that to some of the top players. "Zomg my rank will go down!"

It's pre-season.

Whoops, did I just use logic?

Now, if it weren't pre-season and there were something to aim for -- I'd definitely agree with people, but as it stands there is absolutely no point of a rank at this point other than being "good" in pre-season (which obviously people get off to, somehow.)
Yoonii/Yooni

Nitromonger
01.24.2013 , 10:51 AM | #28
I know I haven't been much part of the Ranked scene since I have returned even in the pug groups. However, I look at the pug ranked matches as at the least a way to keep from being randomly grouped with people who don't bother to wear pvp gear, or the unfortunate person in fresh 50 recruit gear. At this point, having more than 1 person in a regular wz wearing recruit gear can be a major detriment.

OT, maybe I'll show up for some of these ranked matches. If I get my guardian some tank gear I might be more desirable to my guild than I am as a commando.
▂ ▃ ▅ The Method Legacy ▅ ▃ ▂
⋘PRIME DEFENSE⋙
WebsiteChatRecruitment ThreadForums
The Tenacious ※ The Vigilant ※ The Prime

RattyRattail
01.24.2013 , 10:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronaimeth View Post
I'd recommend one of your smashers be a sentinel and able to respec combat/carnage for huttball.
What????? My Sentinel has another spec other than Focus?!
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
Javán (Sniper), Cáde (Gunslinger), Nermall (Assassin), Dhiya (Shadow)

Utopii
01.24.2013 , 11:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Milly_ View Post
Try telling that to some of the top players. "Zomg my rank will go down!"

It's pre-season.

Whoops, did I just use logic?

Now, if it weren't pre-season and there were something to aim for -- I'd definitely agree with people, but as it stands there is absolutely no point of a rank at this point other than being "good" in pre-season (which obviously people get off to, somehow.)
Pre-season is just a safe word for the current state of ranked pvp. If your guild is bad at ranked..who cares it is pre-season. Ranked pvp sucks..who cares it is pre-season. I care about my rating because I am awesome....who cares it is pre-season. You see how that word is used for everything?

I am not sure if this is your first mmo but anytime a company uses the term pre-season or beta etc.. it normally their way of testing the waters without having major repercussions or backlash on their development. My issue is not that it is "pre-season" but the fact that we have been in pre-season forever now with absolutely NO CHANGES to ranked pvp. If it was truly pre-season we would see some gradual changes to ranked pvp and/or rewards especially after 6 months. Or at the very least communication about it. In stead we are left with the word "pre-season" which keeps the the unintelligent overly content bad pvpers safe at night.
LD50
Lethal Dose Fifty - GM
Recruitment | Apply | Roster
www.ld-fifty.com