Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Vette

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baptes
01.24.2013 , 09:05 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Actually,, I happen to like Vette, and I am rather annoyed that they removed the ability to kill Quinn that they had in beta. I would gladly sacrifice my healer and take a few dark side points on my otherwise pure light Sith Warrior to kill Quinn.
I wish they had stayed with the original concept of being able to kill companions and customizing companion roles via a "kit". I would have been soo happy to have Vette as my healer and shoved Quinn out the nearest airlock.

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 09:45 AM | #82
Seriously, just axe the companion thread and do a weekly spot on Vaverone Zare.

You know you want to, and you know we all want you to.

AbsolutGrndZero
01.25.2013 , 03:21 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
I wish they had stayed with the original concept of being able to kill companions and customizing companion roles via a "kit". I would have been soo happy to have Vette as my healer and shoved Quinn out the nearest airlock.
Oh yeah I remember the companion kits... yeah those were nice...
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Arutar
01.25.2013 , 05:30 AM | #84
I simply adore Vette.

Like many others here, Vette is the only companion so far which has really affected the way I play my character. While going full dark side never was an option for me (since about half of the darkside options imo are not about fighting for the empire but simply about being an arrogant jerk), I wanted to go "neutral". Needless to say, Vette pulled my solidly over to the light side.

My Vette favourite moment so far (I am paraphrasing, since it happend some time ago), happend upon leaving Balmorra (IIRC).

Vette (sarcastic): So, off to another world to destroy and dominate.
SW: You know, destruction is always only the last option for me.
Vette: Well, your list of options must be awfully short then. I just hope that the next Planet at least has a beach.

Nutluck
02.27.2013 , 04:22 PM | #85
So far Vette has been my favorite companion of all the companions I have played with. Mostly cause I find her funny and quirky. Kira is a close second as I think Kira has a more interesting history.

ricofico
03.19.2013 , 04:12 AM | #86
I went thru 3 customizations to find one I liked! Before I noticed to use google to find them.

Any hoot, I used the "Sith" -ish Dark Red Twi'lek, (but she looked nothing like Darth Talon to me); So then I went Light Blue, which was alright for a while (because she was a lighter shade of everyone else blue Twi'lek "Vette"); till I found the one!!!

My sweet sweet Peach colored Twl'kek.... then she started to suck, And used Quinn the rest of the way! LOL

Till I got my apprentice of'course!
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

dorpen
03.19.2013 , 04:33 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Malavai Quinn

And the question I would like asked. 'Why even with 10,000 affection and helping him in every possible occassion, and fighting by his side he still does what he does."

Spoiler

It makes the story seem fixed and no choices have any effect so its much like Dragon Age 2 where all you do is sit on the side line and watch things happen that you can't change. And that was so popular.
This is by far the most frustrating thing I encountered during the warrior story line, nobody does that to a sith and gets away with it. Yet here we are left with no options other than to accept him because hes a fixed companion...

Spoiler

Sizzix
03.21.2013 , 12:08 PM | #88
What I really find cool is that she talks about Risha, which is the second companion you acquire in the Smuggler quest line. I like that it brings things full circle like that.

EbidamMothma
04.01.2013 , 09:05 AM | #89
Vette had me at 'Chirp Chirp'. Her sassy comments make me laugh out loud. The one that stands out most is when Quinn describes Hoth. Her reaction is "*Cough Cough* Boss, I'm not feeling so well. Maybe I should stay on the ship" or something like that. That and her Woo-hoo during fights. Or "Boss there shooting at us!" in space combat. So much to love about her character--great voice acting too!

Quinn? That SOB would be an icy corpse in space. To have to put up with his presence makes my warrior fume with rage. To learn that you could kill off companions in an earlier version makes me sad that it was tossed. Bring it back! I don't ever want to see Quinn again!

thewitchdoctor
04.01.2013 , 09:44 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
This. This, this, this, this.

I humbly BEG AND PLEAD that the next "HK" either be a new healer companion or a means to "teach" a companion a new role.

And then, please, let me put Quinn in a new spot on my ship. Right behind the door labeled "Airlock."
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: 55 Carnage Marauder - 55 Madness Assassin
Tanks: 55 Powertech - 55 Guardian
Heals: 55 Sage