Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
We need a Cartel Item that makes gear bind to legacy

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 08:56 AM | #1
How it works: you buy a consumable for cartel coins, and each one makes a single item B2L.

This solves a number of problems, not the least of which are:

1. obviates the need to design new legacy gear that people would actually wear.
2. allows people to play either faction without the disincentive of a second, identically massive itemization grind
3. encourages people to spend money at the Cartel Market.

If you were really on the proverbial ball, you would add an additional item to the Cartel Market which makes any piece of armor adaptive.

~Eggsalicious

iPvP
01.24.2013 , 09:16 AM | #2
people are gonna buy off the cartel markets regardless if its bind to legacy or not
anyways i deffenatly agree to bind on legacy gear
/sign

edit: i dont realy agree to your aproach on B2L, i feel that whatever is gear or mounts that i spendoney on should be adaptive bound to legacy gear
P h y t z - C a r r i e s
@ Pot5
I Am Legend

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 10:02 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by iPvP View Post
edit: i dont realy agree to your aproach on B2L, i feel that whatever is gear or mounts that i spendoney on should be adaptive bound to legacy gear
It'd be nice if they did, but I doubt it'll happen.

yoshua
01.24.2013 , 10:02 AM | #4
/signed

i would buy an item that makes items bind to legacy. that is a great idea

I'd even go as far as being ok if this item that makes items BOL is BOP when you get it so you can only get it from the cartel market.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Moestuin
01.24.2013 , 10:12 AM | #5
People will start to press need on all gear drops because their alt needs it. I don't like the idea.

Eggsalicious
01.24.2013 , 10:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Moestuin View Post
People will start to press need on all gear drops because their alt needs it. I don't like the idea.
People can already do this, since except for troopers, every class has a companion that wears every kind of armor and uses almost every kind of weapon.

But if you could bind gear to legacy and make everything adaptive, might this not reduce the need to roll on stuff you don't need?

itsmymillertime
01.24.2013 , 10:41 AM | #7
I like the idea if they changed endgame to give out tokens and not gear as like someone else said, they would need for alts.

yoshua
01.24.2013 , 11:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
I like the idea if they changed endgame to give out tokens and not gear as like someone else said, they would need for alts.
Tokens wouldn't make a difference for that.

either way, people who need on gear that isnt meant for them are quickly ejected from my groups. worrying about something that is easily fixed to say no to a very good improvement confuses me.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

Rubytyr
01.24.2013 , 11:35 AM | #9
/signed

it would give legacy gear alot more funciontality (well, the removal of class restriction would help even more - or at the very least, remove calss restriction for its "mirror " class, IE, legacy sith war gear usable by jedi etc.

Rhysling
01.24.2013 , 11:51 AM | #10
Very good idea.