Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No Country for PVP gear.

ufarax
01.24.2013 , 07:29 AM | #1
I earned my gear...I had to grind tons of HM FP's for BH COMMS. I'm sick and tired of healing PVP geared tanks and DPS. I don't want a challenge, I want my BH COMMS. Take your PVP gear...and stick it in your locker.

PS. I PVP and love it. I am working on a full "Elite War Hero" set. When I PVP...I stick my PVE gear in my locker.

Archer: Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the hogs of war.
Lana: Dogs of wars.
Archer: Whatever farm animal of war, Lana. Shut up.

MarshalNeyo
01.24.2013 , 07:35 AM | #2
I've ran HM Lost Island in full War Hero and I did fine. We never wiped and we completed the fp in around 25 minutes. WH is about equal in stats to Columi, if not a tad bit better.
Taco AKA The Living Taco Legend
LTL of The Bakery Clan
"Taco's for All, Death for Everyone Else."

Hovergame
01.24.2013 , 07:43 AM | #3
OH PLEASE !

I'm tired of hearing folks complaining about EVERYTHING.
-If I join a WZ with a full optimized DG/Hazmat set, I hear them "GO USE THE RECRUIT GERA NOOB !!!".
-If I join a FP with a full optimized EWH set, I hear some "GET SOME PVE GEAR, NOON !".

And for the noob whiner : with the exception of 5 free tionese peices, how do I get PVE gear IF I DON'T JOIN ANY HM FP ?

On my first char, I got my PVP set before my Columi set. On my last char, I got my BH/Campign set BEFORE earning a single piece in PVP. Deal with it and stop spamming the forums about your nonsense.

Malkavier
01.24.2013 , 07:44 AM | #4
Recruit MK-2 is better in all aspects than Tionese gear. Better 2-piece set bonus, better stats, etc.

War Hero is on par with Columni, with some pieces being better than their Rakata coutnerparts.

It's after you hit the WH plateau, that you need to ditch the PvP gear completely for PvE gear.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

ChicagoBearsFan
01.24.2013 , 08:09 AM | #5
While I tend to agree with the OP some, I believe it is more about the person at the KB. Skill definately can overcome under geared toons at times and the same can be said about good gear can overcome bad players at times. But I do have to say that when someone shows up for an op or HM FP in PVP gear it kinda says "I'm to lazy to grind the correct gear, I expect you to carry me".

I don't have a problem with the people who at least have WH or EWH because those are on par with some columi and Rakata gear. What I do have a problem with is the bung-hole tank in recruit/WH mixed gear who endurance stacked augments that thinks he would do better at tanking than an experienced tank in BH/DG with proper dmg. mitigation.

As an end-game healer and tank I can tell you HP are over rated. Just cuz you have 20k HP does't mean you are worth a crap. I would rather have a player with 18k HP in PVP gear who knows how to play over a moron in Rakata/black hole.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Hovergame
01.24.2013 , 08:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post
But I do have to say that when someone shows up for an op or HM FP in PVP gear it kinda says "I'm to lazy to grind the correct gear, I expect you to carry me".
How do you get your Columi ? By doing HM FP. Consequences : you cannot have a single Columi piece BEFORE doing a single HM FP/Operation. Do you realize this single fact ?

Guys, when we managed to get our first level 50, one year ago, we were able to pass some HM FP without Columi. Stop whining like babies.

PS as a high-end tank, I can tell you that I laugh in the faces of the shadows with less than 25K HP (BH/Campaign set).

Memo-
01.24.2013 , 08:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
Recruit MK-2 is better in all aspects than Tionese gear. Better 2-piece set bonus, better stats, etc.

War Hero is on par with Columni, with some pieces being better than their Rakata coutnerparts.

It's after you hit the WH plateau, that you need to ditch the PvP gear completely for PvE gear.
Recruit sets don't have a set bonus. Also, Tionese is still better than Recruit for PvE. Less stats overall, but when you don't count the amount of expertise, the Tionese will be better. How you want to be geared if only thing you have are the free recruit set and the 99 tionese commendations: Use Recruit Earpiece, Implants, Wrists and Belt. Battlemaster Relics from the recruit-set. And the rest will be Tionese (it could be that you can't afford the whole set with the 99 comms, so fill out with recruit accordingly.)
    Delarah - Sentinel | Luccia - Sage | Ethawn - ScoundrelStilva - Vanguard | Tenori - Guardian | Weimar - Shadow 
 Maliris - Sniper | Jauhe - Marauder | Vńli - PTFaris - Merc | Sopraano - Assa | Rai'chu - Sorc
The Lihavuori Legacy | <Lice-Ridden Banthas><Bantha's Backside> | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

abokado
01.24.2013 , 09:02 AM | #8
???

Do people really expect me to put on the free tionese set if I'm in full WH? That's total BS. I've ran all the HM FPs and the SM Ops totally fine in WH. I was almost full WH when I hit 50 and and only did PvP until I was full WH because I was too scared to be called some stupid noob if I showed up in tionese with no HM FP experience. After I did some FPs and won some unassembled things I took a look at the columi gear. Almost all of the pieces were worse than my WH set. I only put on the boots and the belt, but replaced them soon enough with EWH/BH.
How is it 'lazy' not to earn your gear if you're doing HM FPs in WH? I've spend a lot of time getting facerolled in the warzones. And the reward for HM FPs is Columi gear. Recruit is better than Tionese. WH is almost better than Columi. I don't really get your problem. If you're having a hard time healing people with Recruit/WH in HM FPs, you're doing something wrong. And you should have problems healing someone with Tionese/Columi.

ChicagoBearsFan
01.24.2013 , 01:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
How do you get your Columi ? By doing HM FP. Consequences : you cannot have a single Columi piece BEFORE doing a single HM FP/Operation. Do you realize this single fact ?

Guys, when we managed to get our first level 50, one year ago, we were able to pass some HM FP without Columi. Stop whining like babies.

PS as a high-end tank, I can tell you that I laugh in the faces of the shadows with less than 25K HP (BH/Campaign set).
Read my WHOLE post, rather than taking something out of context genius.
Bottom line... It is more about Player skill than the gear but THERE ARE the people that think just cuz they have PVP gear they are capable of doing all end game PVE content. Is tionese gear better than WH PVP gear... No. Is Some PVP gear better than some PVE gear...yes.
PVP and PVE gear are designed for their respective roles so when someone shows up with the other type of gear it can be a little frustrating to the other members of the team. Is it something to fret over? Usually not. I tend to reserve judgement until I see if they can pull their weight or not. But we have all seen the players show up in the wrong gear that just don't cut it and think it the groups responsibility to carry them. But it does and will continue to happen so there is no use in crying over spilt milk.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Thundergulch
01.24.2013 , 01:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ufarax View Post
I earned my gear...I had to grind tons of HM FP's for BH COMMS. I'm sick and tired of healing PVP geared tanks and DPS. I don't want a challenge, I want my BH COMMS. Take your PVP gear...and stick it in your locker.
I've ran tons of HM FP's with people in pvp gear.
If you know what you're doing, this will be a non-issue,and you won't have a problem keeping them alive.