Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Etiquitte for needing in SM Ops

Brutal
01.23.2013 , 07:43 PM | #11
i dont see a problem abouth to reach my 6th lvl 50 toon when i join op grup i say im after such class loot so will need on it the way i see it i can bring my way over geared toon and just run ops without any problems or come with my low geared toon and contribute less to the op then i can with better geared toon but i ask before we start op if others are ok with it if not i drop before we start

DawnAskham
01.23.2013 , 10:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
i dont see a problem abouth to reach my 6th lvl 50 toon when i join op grup i say im after such class loot so will need on it the way i see it i can bring my way over geared toon and just run ops without any problems or come with my low geared toon and contribute less to the op then i can with better geared toon but i ask before we start op if others are ok with it if not i drop before we start
And this is why being able to rip and pass bound mods in legacy gear is bad game design, as is being able to need on items that your current class cannot use.

Allowing people to run anything end-game content on character A, roll need on everything, then pass to their alts inevitably leads to more ninja looting, not to mention gearing alts too fast without ever doing any of the content on them.

Please note I'm not calling the quoted poster out on this for doing anything wrong as asking is always the best practice and this is how the game works today.

I just disagree with this model and would like to see Bioware figure out how to keep bound mods bound along with restricting need rolls to the player class which matches the loot such that most of this is no longer possible.

pan_sObak
01.24.2013 , 12:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
But when you're clearly that geared already and just running for comms, is it really just allowed to screw someone like that?
When called out on it, he immediately drops group, won't trade, and whispers me some lame garbage about how he owes me one, as if I'd ever run an OP with that kind of person again.
That guy is a total ******e.
Inform his guildmates, put him on ignor
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 55, Jugg 55, Seer 55, Guns 55, Vang 55, Commando 55

Craft: Bio 450, Cyber 450, Arm 450, Armor 450, Art 450, Syth 450- no use of them!

Swaption
01.24.2013 , 02:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
And this is why being able to rip and pass bound mods in legacy gear is bad game design, as is being able to need on items that your current class cannot use.

Allowing people to run anything end-game content on character A, roll need on everything, then pass to their alts inevitably leads to more ninja looting, not to mention gearing alts too fast without ever doing any of the content on them.

Please note I'm not calling the quoted poster out on this for doing anything wrong as asking is always the best practice and this is how the game works today.

I just disagree with this model and would like to see Bioware figure out how to keep bound mods bound along with restricting need rolls to the player class which matches the loot such that most of this is no longer possible.
I like BoL because it allowed be to run a 49 WZ in half WH gear, made at least 4 people ragequit. But yeah, another example of how its broken.
Kgu - Sniper | Kzg - Mercenary | K-g - Marauder

SnoggyMack
01.24.2013 , 08:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Swaption View Post
I like BoL because it allowed be to run a 49 WZ in half WH gear, made at least 4 people ragequit. But yeah, another example of how its broken.
Why would that bother anyone?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

abokado
01.24.2013 , 09:09 AM | #16
I was wondering what is acceptable if I'm after gear for my offspec. I'm playing a juggernaut and just recently decided to do some tanking (so I don't have to wait ages for queues to pop) and since I only have DPS gear right now I would very much like to need on the warrior columi pieces, but since everyone can see that my current gear is above Columi this would probably seem like a dick move. I should just probably ask, but I'm already making a bad impression because I have no headset and didn't know the operation or something.

And I was wondering, what is the etiquette for needing on non-gear? I'm talking about speeder and crafting mats and the likes. I always pick greed if it's something I can use or want, but yesterday some guy in tionese kept on needing on the nice speeder and some crafting mats. Nobody else in the group said something about that, so I'm not sure. Though I put him on ignore after that. Maybe no one looked who picked what? Since there are a lot of people greeding and the chat window gets long and everything and almost no one there really needed the gear that dropped.

mastirkal
01.24.2013 , 09:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
I was wondering what is acceptable if I'm after gear for my offspec. I'm playing a juggernaut and just recently decided to do some tanking (so I don't have to wait ages for queues to pop) and since I only have DPS gear right now I would very much like to need on the warrior columi pieces, but since everyone can see that my current gear is above Columi this would probably seem like a dick move. I should just probably ask, but I'm already making a bad impression because I have no headset and didn't know the operation or something.

And I was wondering, what is the etiquette for needing on non-gear? I'm talking about speeder and crafting mats and the likes. I always pick greed if it's something I can use or want, but yesterday some guy in tionese kept on needing on the nice speeder and some crafting mats. Nobody else in the group said something about that, so I'm not sure. Though I put him on ignore after that. Maybe no one looked who picked what? Since there are a lot of people greeding and the chat window gets long and everything and almost no one there really needed the gear that dropped.
As long as no one else needs it for their current toon, you have priority over someone who desires it for a companion or another unavailable toon.

TheMarmalade
01.24.2013 , 09:52 AM | #18
Before I say to much needing for alts is wrong, but honestly who the f at this point needs on columi for alts. Rakata is ridiculously easy to get and most groups you get into for hm kp and ev or nim kp or ev just greed on everything cause they are doing comms runs and don't care about loot. So if you let them know in advance usually they let you need for alts cause the are super overgeared.

The funniest thing here is that he.needed columi for an alt.

mikebevo
01.24.2013 , 10:04 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
First Brutal is fine with the way he did it, he asked the group before the start.

Second Legacy is how you get geared healers and tanks to run SM Ops and HM FPs. Personally I wouldn't set foot in either outside of guild runs if not for the comms to gear alts. The comms do nothing for my main (a healer) since she is beyond BIS campaign/Black Hole level. Sure I could buy dread guard implants and ear, but I don't think the cost equals the benefit considering the difficulty of content. I run HM FPS, occasionally SM Ops in group finder (when people are spamming they need a healer) or guild run HM/NIM KP & EV. SM EC & TfB and HM EC for no other reason than black hole comms to buy gear to legacy to my other toons. I have two alts full 61 and above, Imp healer has never done a Ops (sister imp guild is far behind rep guild) and I have a Watchman that has only been in HM EV first two bosses twice and SM TfB last two bosses once. Also have a shadow that is full 61, but she got there on her own. I would love to do more on them on non-progressive group nights, but I usually get stuck on my healer as that is what the guild needs to get a run going. BioWare takes away legacy gear, it would be two less healers doing HMFP and one less healer entering GF when a healer is needed to get a group going for SM Ops. I would still do the guild runs though.

OP: yeah person was a jerk if he/she did not ask first. Personally it is so easy to gear a alt I pass on everything. I can easy gear a alt with campaign armoring, black hole mods and enhancements. Even barrels and hilts I just get 27 crafted or buy them on the GTN.

wetslampigduex
01.24.2013 , 10:21 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Rule number one is never use master looter in a PuG run.

Ever.
Why saves people from headaches like these.

I pass on all the gear in these places because i have so little room in my bags all the time i cant stand having to wait 2 hours to trade that cr*p in. But, if i join a SM ops run thru GF ill turn it on master looter 90%. Most of the time your group is like 3/4 geared and there is like 1 or 2 ppl running around with like 13khp. So switch it to masterlooter and make sure one of the more geared players doesn't ninja.

I witnessed first hand a couple of weeks ago 3 guild members in full DG gear take every single piece of loot from one of these runs. Meanwhile there is a poor Sorc (which damn near ever piece was inquisitor) with 14.3 hp got nothing. That's not cool in my book.

Also to the OP it was obviously needed for his companion because your not able to send hilts via legacy(yet). Which is even more BS cause honestly wth do you even use companions for besides crafting or going to sell crap in your bags.