Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which spec/companion combo is best to solo dailies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Operative
Which spec/companion combo is best to solo dailies?

Heartagramz
01.14.2013 , 01:08 AM | #1
I just geared my self out in PvE Columni gear as a medic. I am looking to start doing dailies but am unsure where to go from here to be most efficient. Is it best to spec DPS and use a companion that heals or tanks. Or is it better for me to stay heals and use a tank or dps companion. So, I guess to make things short, heals or DPS for myself? And which companion works best to solo dailies? I would just use trial and error but I have a bunch of comms I dont want to waste picking the wrong companion.

POPsi
01.14.2013 , 05:21 AM | #2
For myself I found this the best:

- Belsavis dailies: you can solo all of them, faster if you have Temple geared and you are healing. You can also solo H2 dailies there, for that use Kalyio or other tank.

- Black hole: you can run it really fast with Temple, the H4 also can be done in solo, but you need gear and it's probably faster with a group anyway.

- Never done section X or Ilum dailies, so pass on those.

Zunayson
01.16.2013 , 07:43 PM | #3
Concealment has no major cooldowns to use, if you have good gear you'll mow down pulls just to repull with TAs and have massive burst and will be a killing machine.

Lethality has no major cooldowns to use but applying dots takes forever, and you can't simply two hit people using 20 energy. Also annoying when subjugating eshka on belsavis, 1.5k corrosive darts at 30% hp hurt a lot, I guess.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

RendValor
01.16.2013 , 07:47 PM | #4
A melee DPS companion will always be the best bet for a healer, they surpass the ranged DPS companions by a considerable margin and match the tank companions' survivability
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

Gronkaarr
01.17.2013 , 09:37 AM | #5
I'm heal spec and use Kaliyo and I can solo all dailies on Ilum, Belsavis, Black Hole and Section X, except for Section X H4 for obvious reasons. my gear is 61 and Kaliyo is just Rakata/Columi. no problems with any of the dailies, just some fights take a while.

poisonous strat on Ilum and then the fight right before the final boss on Torvix where you fight like 3 waves of adds, those are the most challenging for me, but totally doable. for poisonous strat, since you can't CC one of the jedi, you've got to help Kaliyo burn one down as fast as possible. for the Torvix fight I use my legacy aoe abilities (orbital strike and the sith sorc one)

Azudenya
01.23.2013 , 03:15 PM | #6
I use the spec suggested by Tamanous in #5 reply in this post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=573463

I can solo all the missions except the H4 in section x

I use Temple for everything except Kaliyo for EoT and Lights out

The biggest challenge in soloing EoT is the first part of the final stage where the gold and 3 silvers pop out. Remember to use you heroic, it really helps

tatatan
01.24.2013 , 12:50 AM | #7
Fastest is, if you are DPS.
for normal mobs: Kalyio + Hidden strike + Shiv + 2x carbine burst = spawn cleared (or finishing move on strong/gold)
for Heroics i change Kalyio for Lokin

As i have good gear and Kalyio too, so i just keep her out all the time, except the end of 'end of torvix' (H4 in Bl. Hole).
For healing you pull bike (and you pull it anyway as you move among spawns).