Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My Sorcerer not causing damage in Alderaan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
My Sorcerer not causing damage in Alderaan

esaint
01.12.2013 , 10:55 AM | #1
I'm a lvl 34 Sorcerer and was doing ok going through my rounds of quests in Alderaan when I suddenly encountered a Killik mob that me and my companion can't cause any damage to.

They're showing up as lvl 40 but I can't cause any dmg at all but they hit me and my companion and cause serious damage and we're dead in a minute.

I was thinking this might be particular to the Kllik but then I moved around after and encountered guerillas which I was killing easily early on and still can't do dmg to them. Even a Vorn Tiger I encountered I can't cause dmg to.

Has anyone encountered this in Alderaan? Is this a bug?

esaint
01.12.2013 , 11:44 AM | #2
Ok, I figured it out. I think I stumbled into a Heroic Area without realizing it. When I backtracked I can do damage again. Just didn't realize that Ivl34 won't do much dmg on a lvl40.

Ridickilis
01.12.2013 , 11:56 AM | #3
Yes, more or less. I'm guessing it was actually the bonus series area, the bonus series is level 40. The heroics are usually around your own level, but filled with golds.

mufgufkin
01.12.2013 , 12:03 PM | #4
Yup. You stumbled into the bonus series area dude.

Advocatis
01.14.2013 , 08:58 AM | #5
Getting into the bonus area is very easy to do when you are "rescuing" the castles. If you cross the pond around the middle castle, you suddenly find yourself unable to handle the killiks. That's the backside of the bonus area, with a boss kill on the other side of that island.

esaint
01.14.2013 , 02:13 PM | #6
Yeah, thanks for the replies. So Bonus series it was. Going through my normal quests now and do some HM and then I'll make a comeback for sweet revenge.

AlixMV
01.23.2013 , 06:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by esaint View Post
Yeah, thanks for the replies. So Bonus series it was. Going through my normal quests now and do some HM and then I'll make a comeback for sweet revenge.
You'll have to wait until you're done with Chapter 2; the Alderaan Bonus Series doesn't open up until you complete it. Also, to be extra confusing, the quest giver for it is on the outer ring concourse on the Fleet. :P
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris