Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rollback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jjones_
01.23.2013 , 02:55 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. However, if you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.

Small number? Try the entire frigging server. Minor rollback? Nearly 3 hours of progress. Bioware's version of the event differs dramatically from the paying customer.
Server - The Red Eclipse
L55 Sorcerer / Assassin / Juggernaut / Marauder / Operative / Sniper / Mercenary / Powertech - Guardian / Sage / Scoundrel

Ryobe
01.23.2013 , 02:56 PM | #72
I lost 100,000,000 credits, the 3 level 50s i leveled up, and legacy level 1-25.. i demand these back!!!

(:P)

Kettu
01.23.2013 , 03:27 PM | #73
I logged out of Red Eclipse yesterday around 10pm GMT. Only played for about an hour, whatever it took for 3 full warzones and then buying some armour and augmenting it. That is completely gone today. Hope that helps narrow it down a bit.

EDIT: Sorry meant that only played about an hour during the evening. Had some playing earlier yesterday too but all things achieved during that time are still intact today.

Delvianseek
01.23.2013 , 03:52 PM | #74
Any idea why the server was rolled back and why only some players were affected?

Fornix
01.23.2013 , 03:53 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by jjones_ View Post
Small number? Try the entire frigging server. Minor rollback? Nearly 3 hours of progress. Bioware's version of the event differs dramatically from the paying customer.
I for one was not affected, so it's most definitely not "entire frigging server". Although several guildies were affected, although luckily in our case I've recieved the pieces of loot which dropped during the rollback period, as such we didn't lose anything (beyond a kill status in some of the members lockout overview for this week).

However, it's most definitely unfortunate that stuff like this happens. It'd be nice if for these sort of purposes there'd be some form of "offline logging" on the player's end, which records things such as drops, accomplishments, etc. So in case of a rollback if people lost something of great value, a report could be submitted to which such a log would be attached for BioWare to view.

Question is of course, how to keep it safe, encrypted and prevent any tinkering with it. However, something like that would be a much welcomed change.

Unfortunately though, I doubt it's ever going to come. Rollbacks have been a part of MMO's ever since their existance. And I can't recall playing a single MMO where I haven't experienced an occasional rollback myself either. The response is always the same as well, nothing can be done to be of assistance.
Member of <Helix>

CaptRavenous
01.23.2013 , 04:02 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Sever Rollbacks can be caused by Hardware issues to Players using Hacks in-game which cause server instability and corruption. (Say Thanks Cheaters)

This corruption can only be fixed by reverting to a known good save of the server.

GW 2 for example did this on rollback - https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...91711002955777
This^.

A thousand times this.

This is what happens when players use hacks to cheat in-game. The game we play is saved server side. Some idiot players decided using hacks would be a good idea. They were wrong, and have now ruined it for a lot of players. Bioware is probably still investigating the full situation. Companies will never divulge the full story until they actually HAVE the full story.

Don't blame Bioware because somebody wanted to cheat the game. You'd be suprised how many try every day.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

CaptRavenous
01.23.2013 , 04:05 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Delvianseek View Post
Any idea why the server was rolled back and why only some players were affected?
It only affected players who had been online during the time the server corruption started, and had continued to be online for some time after up until they initiated server rollback. Those who had been offline while this was all taking place were not affected, as their characters had been saved at a time prior to the incident, so logged back on after rollback to find their characters had not been affected.
THE GREYWALKER CONCLAVE- Master Zarchon Greywalker
HOUSE OF XARDOX - Darth Xardox

BEGEREN COLONY ROLE PLAY SERVER - west coast

NoTomorrow
01.23.2013 , 04:11 PM | #78
Jeeez, what if I lost 5 million credits?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Trollokdamus
01.23.2013 , 04:25 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks, unfortunately, a small number of users were affected by a minor rollback on the Red Eclipse which we cannot reset. However, if you lost Cartel Coins at all during this rollback, please contact Customer Support so that they can assist you. Thank you for your patience.
And that's it? Not any compensation for people who were affected? Not even a "sorry"? I also love it how they attempt to downplay the scale of the issue. 3 hour rollback followed after a sudden unexpected problem is definitely minor. The entire server population who were playing at that time is undoubtedly a small number of users. Funny thing is, how can they even know the number of users affected if they don't have any data left to restore?
I'm afraid i've just lost what tiny bit of respect and trust i had left in this company.
And no, i'm not affected myself, but this attitude just makes me go "aaaaaargh!".

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
GW 2 for example did this on rollback - https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statu...91711002955777
Well, at least they said "sorry". This guys here said "Unfortunately, this minor minor minor thing happened. Deal with it".

JovethGonzalez
01.23.2013 , 04:52 PM | #80 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
It seems that I left out an apology in my original message, and I'd like to change that. I've gone ahead and edited the original post and wanted you all to know that we do apologize here for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We are working internally on processes to prevent this situation from happening again. Thank you, once again for your patience.