Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MisterBlackJack
01.23.2013 , 04:59 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
You all seem incapable of understanding. If PvPers are going to be rewarded with PvE rewards, PvEers will be prevented from obtaining them (saying "group with PvPers" is stupid, with their mentality they will be grouping with other PvPers so they can go harass the other faction). The two examples you listed first were completely fine- I have no problem with PvE and PvP taking place alongside each other, what I do have a problem with is being prevented from acquiring PvE rewards because of PvPers harassing me.

You say I'm trying to kill the fun? If you PvPers wanted open world PvP so badly get off your arses and make it happen! Having to wait for PvE content to require forced PvP is just a clear indication of how bad PvPers must be at PvPing. But clearly you approve of this harassment...
Here's what you don't seem to understand. You are not being forced to PvE. If they were implementing endgame gear and weapons and rewards then you would have a point. But if you go by their previous history with events. The rewards are Social and cosmetic items. So its not required for your PvE progression to do it. and last time I checked PvP is a SOCIAL element of the game as well.
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

Satelle
01.23.2013 , 10:33 AM | #272
Will we finally get Satele Shan robe in 1.7?

darklordpotter
01.23.2013 , 10:48 AM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
That's a pretty strange argument tbh. All PvE servers sport a healthy community of PvPers that rolled on a PvE server for various reasons. They/we deserve some content too, do we not?

Your problem is you seem fixated on expecting the worst possible experience. I really feel sorry for you, you must have been seriously traumatized in the past in terms of gankage. But as in life, you gotta stand up to the bullies. We've all been on the receiving end of the stick but let me tell you, there is no greater feeling than sending a would be harasser packing cos he bit off more than he could chew.

If done right the mix of pve and pvp with meaningful rewards (ala tol barad) is something beautiful. It brings people of a faction together, no matter the play styles, and cultivates the sense of life and of faction conflict on the server. Even if you don't pvp there are people on your faction that do and will fight there to enable you to pve (and carry them through the pve content lol). I'm not a member of my guilds main ops group doing the top top content, I fill gaps on occasion on things that arent at the spearhead of progression anymore, but if they gated an operation/flashpoint behind controlling the zone you can be damn sure all the pvpers in the guild would assault that zone to secure it for the ops team and take great pleasure in doing so. And you can extrapolate that faction wide, guilds would coordinate and collaborate, pvp OPS groups would spring up sucking up any pug in the area wanting in etc. etc.

This game needs such things to give it life cos atm it's as sterile as it gets, hang out on the fleet, go spank some hutt for some BH comms, hang around on the fleet and joke around /g chat again. There is no long term future in this. Not when all competitors are doing dynamic/reactive content. TOR can't stay in 2005 and expect success. It needs to push the envelope and by all indications they're not ambitious enough with trying these things.

Embrace the new concepts, get involved, make your fun. Or if you refuse cos you have some moral objection to partaking in PvP don't destroy it for those of us who would like something more than the soullessly compartmentalized and instanced endgame in TOR today, be we PvPers, PvEers or shockingly, people that do and enjoy both.
That would be fine except Bioware made an explicit decision to separate PvE and PvP when they introduced the expertise stat. Someone in PvP gear will roflstomp someone trying to just run dailies due to equipment differences barring a truly vast skill difference. This leads to the wonderful scenario that in order to survive against the PvP player they not only need to engage in PvP they need to be better at it just to compensate for the gear difference.

ASLCHYRAX
01.23.2013 , 11:52 AM | #274
It's true that PvPers have expertise and skill advantage compared to PvE only players, but then again 2 PvErs have their pimped out HK to help them. Many of the PvPers have almost no gear on their companions. We don't use stuff like Heroic moment, we don't get the heavy Presence buff that the PvErs get because they have 5 chars with all companions pimped out.

Just take your PvE friends, make small groups so you all can have your companions out and life will seem much more fair .

Also, As mentioned in this thread so many times before the other World Events have also been close or at PvP areas I don't remember people complaining then.

It's going to be an awesome Event im sure. Stop complaining about something that you haven't even seen yet. It's called just plain trolling.

-Laser-

Chrisarn
01.23.2013 , 03:21 PM | #275
The question is, when is this hitting the PTS?!

oslek
01.23.2013 , 03:31 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
^^ This
Pretty much sums up the whole argument. If you want PvP, chose a PvP server.
So if someone wants to PVP they should roll on a PVP server? Glad you're not in charge of this game.

PickledHerrIng
01.23.2013 , 03:48 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by Satelle View Post
Will we finally get Satele Shan robe in 1.7?
I would get Satele Shan without robe

AshlaBoga
01.23.2013 , 11:01 PM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by PickledHerrIng View Post
I would get Bastila Shan without robe... or anything else really
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Sabrehappy
01.24.2013 , 08:57 PM | #279
I am pretty excited about reputation. I just have a few questions.
1) From what groups that you help can you gain reputation? Is it mostly big groups like Gree or can it be the SIS or some elite imperial service?
2) How come all of the updates are mostly focused on higher levels? My character is only a level 27 at this time and i want to take part in the events that BioWare is making, but i just am not a high enough level.

If anyone has any ideas, i would be grateful for answers.

Estriga
01.24.2013 , 09:02 PM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by PickledHerrIng View Post
I'm guessing you mean Satele from the trailers. Satele is a little up there in age by the time our characters are running around. Not General Garza age, but still...