Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So if pvp survival gear is useless why keep it in-game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So if pvp survival gear is useless why keep it in-game?

cycao
01.23.2013 , 01:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
It's not completely useless it still works against white damage ranged weapon attacks like hammer shot, rail shot/HIB, some sniper attacks. Totally useless against sabers though so...
This is so wrong I don't know where to begin.

Khrell
01.23.2013 , 02:10 PM | #12
Don't touch my Defense gear. I'll take it anyday of the week over Dps gear. If I guard a healer I can easily take on 4-5 people at once almost indefinatly on my Jugg. The problem is people think "Useless" is anything under 300k dmg in a warzone.

When i'm doing 200k dmg and 200k protection in a warzone that's far from useless. Most days when I'm in full tank gear pugging it up It's hilarious to see some Jugg come up and smash me for like 3k and go ***? Then I proceed to whittle em down and kill em. Im in a warzone to help play defense, most people are playing offense but at the end of the game, my Objective score and medals are almost always higher than anyone elses. It's funny having nearly the entire team on the other side beating on you as you casually walk across the firepit and into the endzone while they are trying to kill you in Hutball. I like being Indestructible.

Carter_Mathis
01.23.2013 , 02:13 PM | #13
Because my 28k hp guardian tank is a ***** to kill

RaithHarth
01.23.2013 , 02:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
It's not completely useless it still works against white damage ranged weapon attacks like hammer shot, rail shot/HIB, some sniper attacks. Totally useless against sabers though so...
It works against white damage but it's useless against critical damage, why is that?
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

cycao
01.23.2013 , 02:46 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
It works against white damage but it's useless against critical damage, why is that?
It works against weapon based damage and not force/tech...honestly the miss information on these forums is astonishing.

LarryRow
01.23.2013 , 02:56 PM | #16
Vanguard tanks have it the worst since so much of their mitigation comes from shielding, which can be negated by crits. Guardians on the other hand can really benefit from War Leader gear because they rely more on defense. A well-geared and specced Guardian can be laughably difficult to bring down. That's why you see them in ranked (plus their mobility for huttball).

Meanwhile, if you're a Vanguard, they just want you to go Assault. If you're a Shadow, they want you to go hybrid with dps gear because that is the OP variety. I'm not aware of too many pure shadow tanks in PvP.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

TheNegotiator
01.23.2013 , 02:58 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
This is so wrong I don't know where to begin.
Ok. I guess the fact that a developer stated such does not matter...apparently you know more than he does. And for your information critical hits cannot be shielded (from developer)...also saber attacks do weapon damage and there is no saber attack in game that can be shielded.

MiaRB
01.23.2013 , 03:01 PM | #18
tank gear isnt useless. its 85% of people who roll a tank spec that are useless in PVP.
can't wait for this game to come out!

byteresistor
01.23.2013 , 03:01 PM | #19
It's usefull if you happen to be a jugg tank in huttball....

TheNegotiator
01.23.2013 , 03:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Vanguard tanks have it the worst since so much of their mitigation comes from shielding, which can be negated by crits. Guardians on the other hand can really benefit from War Leader gear because they rely more on defense. A well-geared and specced Guardian can be laughably difficult to bring down. That's why you see them in ranked (plus their mobility for huttball).

Meanwhile, if you're a Vanguard, they just want you to go Assault. If you're a Shadow, they want you to go hybrid with dps gear because that is the OP variety. I'm not aware of too many pure shadow tanks in PvP.
This is a 10-4. Guards/Juggs are beasts because saber attacks can be defended.