Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What roles SHOULD of a companion filled?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What roles SHOULD of a companion filled?

TalonVII
01.22.2013 , 01:55 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Uglyworm View Post
I would have liked to see the different roles spaced apart better for certain classes. For example, the first two companions for Smugglers are Corso and Bowdaar, both tanks. You don't unlock a non-tank companion until you get Risha at the end of Act 1 (level ~30ish).
yeah i heard that. or the fact you don't get a healer till the 40s with gus. Makes playing a gunslinger a TAD hard.

But yeah, it is VERY annoying to have your first couple of characters and you get tanks, and no dps or no tanks or what have you.

Best companion set up i've seen, was for the trooper, got Jorgan first, then you got dorne, then you get M1-4X.

You get dps, healer and tank first 3.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler

ganondorq
01.22.2013 , 06:21 PM | #12
a healer. EVERYONE should have been a healer. stuck with malavai, mako, blah blah blah blah you get the point. i just wanna be a sith with my apprentise... or a jedi with her padawan... this is all i ask. and don't give me no hero story of "i never need heals derpherpderp" please. that's fine for you, but that's not the experience i'm getting T_T believe me, i wish it was.

TalonVII
01.23.2013 , 02:42 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
a healer. EVERYONE should have been a healer. stuck with malavai, mako, blah blah blah blah you get the point. i just wanna be a sith with my apprentise... or a jedi with her padawan... this is all i ask. and don't give me no hero story of "i never need heals derpherpderp" please. that's fine for you, but that's not the experience i'm getting T_T believe me, i wish it was.
Problem is, unless you want to burn through med packs like crazy, or play a healer class yourself, certain companions just do not work with say a tank or DPS. You end up for game purposes being stuck with one companion.

On the other hand I do like what you are saying. Would be nice say as a sith lord, to have an apprentice of your own, or as a Jedi knight or master to have your own padawan to train. Granted as a JK you get Kira and she is handed over to "train" nominally, though IMO should of just made her a knight in her own right and just let you two be partners.

But again, would of been nice as a JK or JC to have a youngling to train as you go along.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquisitor, Smuggler