Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Filter for Gen Chat


IrishTR's Avatar


IrishTR
01.20.2013 , 07:19 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
HOWEVER, it's equally as annoying to see LFG and WTB/S spam on the general chat as well. That's what the groupfinder, GTN and trade chat is for. General chat is just that, chit chat, a little in game (lighthearted) smack talk and asking in game questions or looking for help/advise.
I prefer to screen finding members for my groups especially since you cant use the GF for anything about a SM EV/KP! So you will see LFGs - deal with it, change the channel/ignore.

As for the WTB/S I agree we have a Trade Channel for that.

What would really be nice is if Trade was server wide broadcast, General was too and then specific channels for planet/instance established (like how General is treated as now) That way when people DO want to get groups going for anything above the lowly offerings from the GF Implementation, then we wouldn't have to travel to fleet as well as switch through several fleet instances to ask people (since Fleet chat is limited to its instance and not to all of Imperial Fleet (and they call this a MMO... I guess 250=Massive)...

uniz's Avatar


uniz
01.21.2013 , 11:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ElQuesoGrande View Post
Even if they put in a channel like that no one will use it. general will always be general. its this way in every MMO. You have to just ignore it or literally /ignore the ppl doing it. Although I don't recommend that option as it limits your ability to get into endgame stuff when you ignore lots of ppl
i disagree

not EVERY MMO has this nonsense to the extent seen in here, wow and rift.

just those mmos with a group finder and dumbed down so a fifth grader can play and level up in does. these attract children of all ages. the more challenging ones with no group finder have little if any of this nonsense and some even police themselves. without a group finder, being put on ignore was death sentence for getting a group. those mmo players soon learned that or left the game.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
01.22.2013 , 06:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ElQuesoGrande View Post
Even if they put in a channel like that no one will use it. general will always be general. its this way in every MMO. You have to just ignore it or literally /ignore the ppl doing it. Although I don't recommend that option as it limits your ability to get into endgame stuff when you ignore lots of ppl
Right. For example, people can go on and on and on about PvP on general, instead of the PvP channel....

GalaxyStrong's Avatar


GalaxyStrong
01.22.2013 , 06:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
And they type your instead of you're.
I can always fix my grammar but, you cant fix being an ******e. Too bad for you.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Elyssandra's Avatar


Elyssandra
01.23.2013 , 12:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
...an EU server...Though they do like to speak in tongues (native languages) once in a while on English servers, which gets annoying if it's more than a few comments.
??? Really?
Most Europeans - even the native English speakers - speak multiple languages - not tongues - languages. It is a reality of living in Europe.

Tongues I believe are the sounds certain religious folk make when communicating in a manner that noone but themselves understand and those around them then choose to interpret in a manner of their choosing.

Rather offensive to call old languages, tongues just because you find yourself uni lingual, don't you think?

Why does it annoy you if someone makes a few comments in language that is not English?
Perhaps it would behoove you to be more tolerant of European culture when on European servers. As the saying goes "When in Rome..."

Ridickilis's Avatar


Ridickilis
01.29.2013 , 12:16 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyssandra View Post
??? Really?
Most Europeans - even the native English speakers - speak multiple languages - not tongues - languages. It is a reality of living in Europe.

Tongues I believe are the sounds certain religious folk make when communicating in a manner that noone but themselves understand and those around them then choose to interpret in a manner of their choosing.

Rather offensive to call old languages, tongues just because you find yourself uni lingual, don't you think?

Why does it annoy you if someone makes a few comments in language that is not English?
Perhaps it would behoove you to be more tolerant of European culture when on European servers. As the saying goes "When in Rome..."
Oh whoops, missed responding to this in a timely manner. First, sorry it was just meant as a (bad) joke, making fun of myself for not knowing the difference, I didn't mean for it to be offensive. So again I apologize if it read as offensive or derogatory to you.

Secondly, I did in fact say "more than a few comments" which would indicate leeway for a bit of back and fourth, question and answer, perhaps a followup question and answer. I generally assume that player isn't as comfortable with their English and probably feels it would be faster and more accurate to get an answer in their NL. I was referring to those that carry on for a while with chit-chat and banter. It's still an English server after all. They also get asked, by others, to please stop on many occasions. So unless there is some huge influx of Americans on EU servers, it's fellow Europeans asking them to stop speaking in a language other than English.

Lastly lol I'm quite 'tolerant'. In fact I find the chat on English servers, in general, more mature and game related than can be found on US counterparts.