Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LanceCorporalDan
01.22.2013 , 11:07 AM | #571
I agree that BW needs to prioritize better. Maybe fix what's wrong with the game before adding onto it?

Idk but it doesn't make sense to have a weak and faulty foundation for a building and to just keep adding and building on that. Eventually that building comes down.

Fix the problems you already have BW before adding new content with most likely newly added problems.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

LohKey
01.22.2013 , 12:53 PM | #572
On a brighter note, all those guys (and you know most of you do this) who play girl toons will no longer be forced to have JUST SGR. (ie.. you will now have avatars of your same RL sex making passes at you too.)

I think it's great people who do not play their same sex in game will have the option not to have ONLY SGR. Just saying, unless you want it that way..
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

Gratulor
01.22.2013 , 12:59 PM | #573
Quote: Originally Posted by LohKey View Post
On a brighter note, all those guys (and you know most of you do this) who play girl toons will no longer be forced to have JUST SGR. (ie.. you will now have avatars of your same RL sex making passes at you too.)

I think it's great people who do not play their same sex in game will have the option not to have ONLY SGR. Just saying, unless you want it that way..
I'm a male who played a female Bounty Hunter and had a romance with Torian. I didn't find it disturbing.... it was fun. It's an RPG -- a role playing game! I was playing the role of the female hunter who fell in love with a man. Regular thing, right? Girl falls in love?

I pursued a relationship with Mako on my male hunter. Same thing. I'm not involved with Mako IRL.
"If you only look after your own hide, then you're not a man."

Caelrie
01.22.2013 , 12:59 PM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
It is likely too late now, but it would be nice if they focused on what the majority of players wanted in the game such as have a monthly or weekly survey on what type of content people wanted in game.

1.)flashpoints
2.) operations
3.) cartel junk
4.) companion content
5.) story
6.) warzones
7.) vanity items
8.) other

^ for an example
They ARE focused on those things, so you got what you want.

Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
I agree that BW needs to prioritize better. Maybe fix what's wrong with the game before adding onto it?

Idk but it doesn't make sense to have a weak and faulty foundation for a building and to just keep adding and building on that. Eventually that building comes down.

Fix the problems you already have BW before adding new content with most likely newly added problems.
How far would I have to dig through your post history to find you asking for new flashpoints, operations, warzones or some form of new content, thus invalidating your own suggestion? i'm betting not very far.

Edit: Took 40 seconds.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...56#post5692256

Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
Oh, so THAT'S why they take part in OGRs ! ! ! I was wondering !

Seriously, though... I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but as a rationale for why some characters might be up for SGR this comes across as a little offensive.
No kidding. That was pretty bad.

LohKey
01.22.2013 , 01:17 PM | #575
Quote: Originally Posted by Gratulor View Post
I'm a male who played a female Bounty Hunter and had a romance with Torian. I didn't find it disturbing.... it was fun. It's an RPG -- a role playing game! I was playing the role of the female hunter who fell in love with a man. Regular thing, right? Girl falls in love?

I pursued a relationship with Mako on my male hunter. Same thing. I'm not involved with Mako IRL.
So you're a man, who pretends you're a women, but you're against SGR? I'm very confused.
Pawning your Jedi Like A *** *** girl scout ***** *** ******* in your moms ****** *****!!
BH since 2004!
CE

Revanchis
01.22.2013 , 01:49 PM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by LohKey View Post
So you're a man, who pretends you're a women, but you're against SGR? I'm very confused.
Roleplaying as the opposite sex isn't pretending to be the opposite sex. At no point are our characters us. It's just playing a female character. Just like playing as Samus doesn't mean you're pretending to be a women.

Allronix
01.22.2013 , 02:35 PM | #577
It is pretty bad. We're still dealing with BioWare - NO ONE in your crew is sane or well-balanced. I think the sanest party member of all their games was the miniature gigantic space hamster. The more control they have, the more it approaches something like Blake's 7, Torchwood, or a Joss Whedon series; a boatload of wonderful mixed nuts...writer's dream and a shrink's nightmare. It's still not a stretch for some of the characters to have had an SGR of their own in the past, just easier to see with some of the ones who've lived a pretty wild existence or have an "I'm up for anything" mentality in general.
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

LohKey
01.22.2013 , 03:32 PM | #578
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
Roleplaying as the opposite sex isn't pretending to be the opposite sex. At no point are our characters us. It's just playing a female character. Just like playing as Samus doesn't mean you're pretending to be a women.
role-play [rohl-pley]
verb (used with object)
to experiment with or experience (a situation or viewpoint) by playing a role: trainees role-playing management positions.

Sorry I should have said experimenting with being a woman, not pretending, my bad.
BH since 2004!
CE

Nutluck
01.22.2013 , 04:24 PM | #579
As someone that started playing since it went f2p and like the game enough to buy a subscription. Mostly due to the stories and interactions with your companions. I consider SGR option a fairly high priority for exisiting and new companions myself. It is one of about a half dozen things they will need to do to keep me long term.

Right now I am enjoying the game but variety is the spice of life and they will need to add more RP options to keep me paying at least. So I know they are adding them to the next expansion and I hope soon after we see them for old companions as well.

JovethGonzalez
01.23.2013 , 11:10 AM | #580 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks, we recently had to go in and clean up this thread. Please remember to be respectful towards one another and to please stay on topic. Thank you.