Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let tanks tank!

Seancstew
12.20.2011 , 04:55 PM | #11
My Main is a Vangaurd Shield Spec, and I am a tank.

I have never had a problem tanking in heroics or flashpoints, why? Because regardless of who the group leader is, the tank controls the ebb and flow of the mission.

If you are the tank, then take charge of the group, its as simple as that. Healers keep tanks alive so that the pew pew's (or, in this game froom froom's) can go ahead and slice, dice and shoot holes in the baddies.

If they dont want you controlling the speed of the mission based upon Healer cooldowns, and your own taunt/mitigation cooldowns. Then leave the group.

Second in charge should be the Healer...

THEN the CC/support types...

THEN the DPS'rs...

DPS players should never be lead on anything, nothing against them, I like playing DPS toons as well. But they tend to make things harder on everyone else.

Just my two cents. If the peeps you are grouped with do not like that, oh well, leave, and let them find someone else.

RellikXTC
12.20.2011 , 04:58 PM | #12
Sure, helping offtank is one thing, running around like an idiot thinking you can do what you want is the issue tho. As a healer I have seen FAR to many people thinking they are a one man army. Im also getting irritated with the people using their most powerfull area of effect weapons after I and other group members crowed control things. Im going to just start letting those ******* die.

Kneemo
12.20.2011 , 05:09 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by RellikXTC View Post
Sure, helping offtank is one thing, running around like an idiot thinking you can do what you want is the issue tho. As a healer I have seen FAR to many people thinking they are a one man army. Im also getting irritated with the people using their most powerfull area of effect weapons after I and other group members crowed control things. Im going to just start letting those ******* die.
i know what you mean about those cc's. Mind Trap is the sweetest cc my assassin has and somebody aoe's and ruins it

Grognik
12.20.2011 , 05:16 PM | #14
Thats what I do, when they complain about letting them die I just tell them I was healing the tank and the people who were not acting like idiots

Cantpickaclass
12.20.2011 , 05:17 PM | #15
I must just be lucky, because every group I've been in so far has been great. No one has tried to zerg, and as the tank, they've waited, everything. This is why I think there shouldn't be a dungeon finder, cause all you are going to get are these zergers.
Quote:
Originially posted by Battlebug: can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Karinah
12.20.2011 , 05:20 PM | #16
Yeah, I've watched too many squishies pull aggro, then claim they are "offtanking" something while I'm trying to heal their cloth covered butts back up. Trust me, I've played a healer often enough to know the difference between keeping a mob off my back and trying to cover up your own mistakes. Part of good offtanking is also knowing when it's a good time to let the regular tank pick things back up. Although, dying does tend to solve that, lol.

I've only really been doing flashpoints in groups with RL friends, how often are people using target markers in instances?

Visionari
12.20.2011 , 06:40 PM | #17
The biggest problems ive found so far are ;

1) People who are new to MMO's are really struggling to understand that there is a technical difference between how they quest and how they do fp. Its a hard thing to explain to someone whilst the rest of the group are QQ'ing.

2) Bounty Hunters PT ST and Sith Inquisitors Assa Darkness dont have the gap closers available to them in the lowest levels. When you have 2 SW Force leaping in, they will get there 5seconds+ ahead of the tank. Its not fun to try and tank like that and it sure as hell isnt fun trying to heal like it.

3) Alot of people are just idiots.

Saying that , when i have found a good group , i've been having lots of fun tanking FP's, although i think the trash shouldnt be quite so forgiving.

Rygah
12.20.2011 , 10:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Fluffyburrito View Post
Force-leaping ahead while our Jedi Sage is out of force and thinking you're just going to zerg it down is what's the problem.
^^^this...

also breaking line of sight by force leaping doesnt help either. at least some learn not to do that after they die lol

you're all the way up there, im down here, you're dead do the math.

Golarz
12.21.2011 , 01:40 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tharbison View Post
I've only been in a few FP groups so far, and it probably doesn't matter much at low levels, but what's up with groups scattering in a room each taking different mobs?! What ever happened to helping the tank! As a healer it will drive you crazy. Especially when people are on opposite sides of the room and get out of range of heals (why didn't you heal me?!).

Work as a unit people! Stand united! Your healers will thank you!
Simple rule.
If tank dies it's healers foult.
If healer dies it's tanks foult.
If DPS dies it's his foult.

Let them lern it the hard way

Sangnz
12.21.2011 , 01:50 AM | #20
As a healer I have come up with a simple solution.

If you act like a moron breaking CCs by spamming AoEs or agroing something the tank isn't actually attacking you don't get healed.

People calm down a lot after that allowing me to focus on healing the tank and adding some dps on fights to help them go faster