Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

urborror
01.23.2013 , 10:01 AM | #31
srry for double-posting, don't see a delete button handy.

urborror
01.23.2013 , 10:03 AM | #32
Leveling new characters, the only real problem I've had with PUGs lately is players who quit the group because they're so "good." Kind of the opposite of the "elite" testimony on this board.

In every case the group goes on to beat the heroic or flashpoint without too much trouble, usually using a companion.

Literally have had 4 cold-quits lately, sometimes after a wipe, sometimes not. Once as I was just politely trying to explain CCing to group members before we even started.

Spend a minute talking to the people in your group if they don't understand the dynamics. Worse-case scenario is you wipe a couple times, which makes it more fun when the group gets it together and triumphs.

It's frustrating when people don't understand basic tactics that could fit on an index card, but you've got a chat box.

Tromador
01.23.2013 , 11:22 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post
Once as I was just politely trying to explain CCing to group members before we even started.

Spend a minute talking to the people in your group if they don't understand the dynamics. Worse-case scenario is you wipe a couple times, which makes it more fun when the group gets it together and triumphs.
No - worst case scenario is the group patiently listens to your explanations, then repeats all the errors and you wipe again, as if you'd said nothing at all.

I too spent some time explaining CC to a group and explained that the droids in the pull needed to be CC'd and that I (the tank) needed to make the pull.

After Leroy 'Marauder' Jenkins had made the pull for the third time, and between the three characters with droid CC, not one droid was mezzed, I gave up.[1]

Obviously, people need to learn the game, but that can be from listening and learning "on the job" so to speak, from people with more knowledge and experience. The problem is with those who don't want to listen, have no interest in learning and think they can zerg through all content with mediocre gear. Hardmode FPs aren't particularly difficult, but they do require basic MMO tactics and something better than tissue paper armour and pop guns.

[1] False Emperor - Didn't even get off the hangar deck.

mcslack
01.24.2013 , 11:20 AM | #34
Learning comes in many forms, as we all know. Technical OTJ training is what I do. Ive trained many employees in a highly technical work environment. At work I'm at the "Subject Matter Expert" level. Sometimes human's learn quick and sometimes not.
I started this game with zero MMO knowledge. To say the least it's difficult learning the many aspect's of this game. For the most part peep's here are patient and willing 2 help. I still struggle at times in tier 1 FPs. Personally I think I'm doing well and often i get "good job/ good heals". The few times u mess up it's hard 2 see anything but the bad.
Everybody need's to learn sometime. Not trying to say the OP is wrong in requesting people to learn first but thats also hard not knowing MMO's / lack of official MMO academy.
As I said earlier most all are helpful and encouraging. However yelling and screaming gets worse results(not directed at OP but those in game that do this).
In the real world if u acted like the idiot's that come unglued because someone hasn't learned yet, I would tell management that u have zero skills/ respect and should be fired.
Learning's a great gift but teaching even better. This response isnt directed at u the OP, but more to the creeps that live in this Virtual world so high on themselves. If you got attitude and lack of respect in my world, o I would make u wish u never applied.
I love this game its so much fun. Please be kind and help evry1 learn this game cause I bet even the most eleet raid group has still something to learn.

mikebevo
01.24.2013 , 01:05 PM | #35
Don’t get me wrong I have been on a few bad PUGs, but for the most part I believe 99% have been very smooth. Most of the bad ones I have been on have been because of elitist jerks that thought they were all of that. Had a tank quit Taral V once because a dps accidently pulled at the bridge and instead of helping by doing his job he cussed us all out until we wiped. Tank rage quit, we completed the HMFP with 2 dps, my dps companion and my healer without another death. We didn’t even skip the bosses since both dps needed gear. Actually saw the tank later on when guild PUG a tank for HM EV run for comms, for an elitist he had no skills. Glad he rage quit or we would have been stuck with not only a jerk, but a jerk my dps companion could out tank.

People should learn their class somewhat before entering group play, so they pull their own weight and can fulfill their role. However, you don’t have to be MS. 2000 dps or Mr. 2200 hps to complete a flash point or an operation. I would much rather have someone that knows their abilities and plays with common sense, rather than someone that is only concerned with biggest heal or biggest damage even when standing in the middle of a AoE.

One more thing, if you are someone that finds every healer, tank and/or dps incompetent in random groups you get, then it is time to look in the mirror, if every group you are in stinks, what is the one constant for all those groups?

walogen
02.09.2013 , 08:09 PM | #36

ztee
02.10.2013 , 04:00 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
Levelling through story mode flashpoints, for someone of your skill, should be easy enough that even with these ragamuffin and rag tag groupmates, you can faceroll it all.
I like you guy, and your stupid name ...

haliy
02.11.2013 , 05:54 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by walogen View Post
Which server are you on?
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

todorovh
02.11.2013 , 06:17 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Currok View Post
In the process of leveling 5th 50 pub on the pot5 server. I have noticed some hilarious and frustrating things while queuing for flashpoints. Tank jedi knights with endurance/willpower sabers and aim/ endurance implants that wipe on the first boss. Sage healers with strength/endurance sabers. Jedi knight tanks with wrong stat weapons again that will que as damage role and stay in soresu the whole time taking aggro away from you. People needing for things they don't need for their class then equip them right after. Numerous people not letting the tank attack first and just aggroing everything to themself. People that won't listen to you on final bosses that will stand in the fire on cademinu after you told them not to. PLEASE people this game is not hard read up on it search the forums you make it frustrating for people that want a quick run through these for gear. I literally LOL when I see tanks in flashpoints with the wrong gear on and when I try and call these people out on it they magically never respond. :facepalm:
this is not limited to your server .. standing out of the fire in cademimu seems to be an extremely hard mechanic to understand for a lot of people ... more than that on EU servers you can never tell whether that person actually speaks english or not .. which makes it even more frustrating ... they just stand there .. say nothing .. die .. ninja loot and disappear ...

it's still better than doing esseles with its hours of conversations and running with someone who doesn't even have sprint yet ..

then you have people who join warzones in GREEN LVL 40 gear ..

Bioware repeatedly assured us f2p will NOT affect subscribers .. yet it does in so many ways. Please make separate queues for f2p people ...

RikuvonDrake
02.11.2013 , 06:23 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by walogen View Post
gief names and server so my ignore list can (if needed to) be improved!
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd