Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What the hell happened to the charged burst-sounds?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
What the hell happened to the charged burst-sounds?

kifa
01.15.2013 , 08:53 AM | #1
*Big sigh*
I came back to my gunslinger after a longer break, and was somewhat shocked when I used my beloved charged burst. Why does it suddenly sound different.. and not at all in a good way? Before there was this oomphy kablam-sound. Now it's replaced with what can only be described as joyless and lame 'imma firin mah lazer'-noise. Why?!?

I am really saddened by this "continual removal of cool sound effects"-trend, you seem to have going on. First the giggles from tactical advantage and now you've sapped a great deal of the joy out of being a gunslinger.

I'm not sure if this is a screwup or if someone decided to be cute. It's really frustrating and irritating. Especially considering the time it takes for anything to be changed back in this game.

Is this an error that will be rectified soon, or are there gonna be more of this annoying homogenization of sound effects up ahead?
"And so across the vastness of space, two masters of power touch minds. One, the very essence of Jedi, the other dark beyond darkness."

ZirusZero
01.15.2013 , 11:27 AM | #2
It may be broken, or intentional. Either way, still no official word
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

thecoffeeguy
01.15.2013 , 01:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kifa View Post
*Big sigh*
I came back to my gunslinger after a longer break, and was somewhat shocked when I used my beloved charged burst. Why does it suddenly sound different.. and not at all in a good way? Before there was this oomphy kablam-sound. Now it's replaced with what can only be described as joyless and lame 'imma firin mah lazer'-noise. Why?!?

I am really saddened by this "continual removal of cool sound effects"-trend, you seem to have going on. First the giggles from tactical advantage and now you've sapped a great deal of the joy out of being a gunslinger.

I'm not sure if this is a screwup or if someone decided to be cute. It's really frustrating and irritating. Especially considering the time it takes for anything to be changed back in this game.

Is this an error that will be rectified soon, or are there gonna be more of this annoying homogenization of sound effects up ahead?
I noticed the same thing last night on my new Gunslinger.
I was like, WTH! That is/was one of the best sounds of the game. I LOVED the sound of charged bolts.

Why did they change that?

Gannacus
01.18.2013 , 08:26 AM | #4
I hear ya on this one - that sound effect was brilliant - especially when playing a different toon you could always hear you had a smuggler in the group blasting away. In fact there are a re number of things ive noticed have been dumbed down since later patches. (Commando trauma probe as well - but wrong thread sorry)

There is a little consolation however - I picked up a blaster with a cool lazer sight,in a cartel pack lucky dip and it sounds very close, not exact but pretty grunty nonetheless.
Negotiation through superior firepower

If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you.... and I will kill you.

BrodieSolo
01.18.2013 , 10:21 AM | #5
The sound of the blaster is linked to the individual weapons now. I used the sonic needler quest reward because I liked the look, then after whichever patch it was (maybe 1.4?) it sounded like I was running around like a child making pew pew noises!

After reading on another thread about the sounds issue (sorry I can't give credit to it, I can't remember where it is) I bought the cartel market blaster which looks like Two Fingers revenge (which I already owned) and the sound is a lot better. So now I have a matching pair of blasters (although different colours and the cartel blaster has a small sight on it) and the beefier sound I had pre change.

Now all I need is to save another million credits for my second 61 Skill barrel!
"Hey Chewie, do you wanna just... hang out here in space? After we hang out for a bit, do you wanna just, y'know, fly off in that direction? See if we can find anything? And hey, maybe we can find some asteroids and mine them or something, I dunno.' Yeah, me neither."

Lord_Karsk
01.23.2013 , 02:26 AM | #6
Think bioware changed the sound the same time they destroyed grav round sound.
Guess the devs dident like the cool sould when the gunnslingers were shooting on the developers
empire mains.I mean i can think of no other reason, they did not change the sound on snipe for snipers
or tracer misile sound.

Lightning_
01.23.2013 , 03:39 AM | #7
The sounds are broken since ages ago. It's not only Charged Burst, it's also Quick Shot, Unload for BHs, and a lot of other classes sounds.

BW did mention that they were looking into this, but that was months ago and no word since.