Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions that you did not want to take.(possible spoilers)

Estriga
01.22.2013 , 09:25 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
A close second though - Sargent Rusk. There is no reason why the Jedi Knight would take him aboard.
I'll second this. He's really the odd man out. An SIS agent would have probably fit in better with the jedi knight than a guy the higher ups obviously wanted to get rid of (really? Assigned to the Knight until the Sith Empire is defeated?).

I'm half and half on Doc. He's a moodmaker, but has no real place with the jedi knight aside from being a robin hood-esque doctor. Not to mention, any guy that thinks Kira is uptight is probably not in the spectrum that a JK would want to keep around.

DarthVitrial
01.22.2013 , 10:59 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Calimero View Post
Hmm, I wonder if I'm the only one that actually likes Kaliyo?

I just love her and she suits my IA perfectly, as we both are loose cannons, without any respect to anyone
No, I thought she was awesome. So at least two people like her.

SpiralWinters
01.23.2013 , 01:38 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVitrial View Post
No, I thought she was awesome. So at least two people like her.
I love having her with my Operative. She's helped define my character beyond the basic idea I started with:

A Chiss talented at bending rules and authority figures almost to their breaking point, spinning situations to his benefit. He has a directive from the Chiss Ascendancy: study the Sith, study the Empire, push their buttons without actually making them snap, learn their strengths and weaknesses - a double agent from the start. Every conversation, every situation is a chess game with changing rules he has to adapt to, play to his advantage, without crossing his own sketchy lines on right and wrong. That makes Kaliyo a special kind of rush for someone like him.

I like Lokin. He's another challenge. Vector is... strange. Temple I've only just met. And I hear there's a killer robot in my near future. Should be fun.

But companions I did not like so far (having played Warrior and Knight all the way through):
1: Broonmark - is a homicidal maniac I'd have put down given the choice.
2: Rusk - I simply have no use for, makes little sense.
3: Doc - I really wish I had no use for him.

Ones I'm on the fence about:
1: Jaesa (Light Side) - Had no interest in creating a bloodthirsty psycho (see Broonmark) but uh... this version is kind of creepy, like a fanatic or zealot, all Joan of Arc. I'd like to send her back to the Jedi with a private note for the council saying, "I did what all of you could not. You're welcome."
2: Scourge - his story ends feeling somewhat unresolved.
3: Ashara - She makes sense for my male Assassin tank (story-wise and in playstyle) but I think she's going to be horrible with my scarred, chaotic Sorceress.
4: Kira - For all that she's with you, all the companion conversations you have with her, Kira rings hollow in my opinion if you're not playing a male Knight. I'm going to try that eventually, go Guardian so I can have her around past Balmorra.

Shaz
01.23.2013 , 03:12 AM | #64
Skadge. I hate ...no, utterly DESPISE Skadge. I never wanted him on my ship, and the only way I want him on my ship now is stuffed and mounted- oh, and then I'll shoot him out the airlock, because I STILL wouldn't want him taking up room. His affection is massively negative with me and he's STILL THERE.

This actually made me angry at BioWare for forcing him on me and not having any way I can say 'get the hell off my ship'.

I know they removed the ability to kill off companions way back in beta, but they should have initiated a way for 'you're not wanted on my ship' and if they were to ever become important story-wise down the road, well, I'm sure they can intrude upon our lives once more.

Khayleth
01.24.2013 , 10:11 PM | #65
Vette: Obnoxious and annoying, I wanted nothing more then to force choke her and throw her out of the airlock.

Ashara: Too wimpy and ineffective, for some reason she comes across as incredibly whiny and annoying rather then the naive innocence I think they were trying to go for, I don't like that you can't corrupt her to the dark side at all.

Jorgan: No specific reason, I just find him grating whenever he complains about my dark side choices. I can honestly picture my trooper constantly turning to him and going "shut up jorgan!"

I am not a fan of sergeant rusk, I believe it would have been better to switch rusk with jorgan, jorgan seems like a better fit with the jedi knight while Rusk's victory at all costs and pragmatism makes him a good match to my dark side trooper. I loved all the BH and smuggler companions but I haven't played Consular yet so I can't comment.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol.

longinoch
01.24.2013 , 10:50 PM | #66
Scourge: I mean come on you joined me and yet anytime I act like a LS Jedi you punk me with -40 or more affection losses not that I would want your affection
Spoiler

LastWizard
01.25.2013 , 03:03 AM | #67
After I finished the Ashara storyline, and I couldnt turn her to the darkside I wanted to get rid of her. She was a waste of time and my gifts. Tharan Cedrax.....needs to leave. Holiday can stay, I enjoy her....personality. I almost forgot to mention.....Talos.....my god that flower...he needs to sent to a work camp.

Rabenschwinge
01.25.2013 , 06:14 AM | #68
I would agree on Kalyo. I don't understand her and her motivations, she's an unculatable risk. And I certainly don't understand WHY she comes with me - after all, I am just what might consider a pawn of the Empire, at least in the beginning.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

AlexDougherty
01.25.2013 , 07:36 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post
I liked Vette but I think it's weird to make a Twilek pirate a Sith Warrior companion for so much of the game, for story/roleplaying reasons. You just can't imagine Darth Vader running around with his blaster-wielding girlfriend.
Actually I can, apart from the second two films of the Prequel trilogy, I can easily imagine Vader running around with a girlfriend using a blaster. Not a twilek obviously, but so long as she was human and fitted in with his lifestyle, then I can totally imagine it.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

MishraArtificer
01.25.2013 , 08:24 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Actually I can, apart from the second two films of the Prequel trilogy, I can easily imagine Vader running around with a girlfriend using a blaster. Not a twilek obviously, but so long as she was human and fitted in with his lifestyle, then I can totally imagine it.
Galen Marek. Juno Eclipse. Go.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!