Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So if pvp survival gear is useless why keep it in-game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So if pvp survival gear is useless why keep it in-game?

RaithHarth
01.22.2013 , 06:57 PM | #1
Since tanks are wearing dps gear now due to the fact shield and absorption is completely useless in pvp, it's hard to say if this will be fixed or not...if at all!
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

kjng
01.22.2013 , 07:01 PM | #2
That is because BW doesn't know it is useless.

RaithHarth
01.23.2013 , 12:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by kjng View Post
That is because BW doesn't know it is useless.
That doesn't mean that's an excuse not to do anything about the tanks (especially the light geared tanks) absorb and shielding how they remain utterly unreliable in pvp, why isn't this considered a factor?

critical chance should be nerfed, since it does indeed do alot of damage to light geared tanks that use survival gear
Don't start the Revolution without me

The artist formally known as Rath, now they call me Sydow!

cycao
01.23.2013 , 12:31 PM | #4
I don't think its so useless it should be removed. Yes, you will do more for your team with dps gear probably because most people straight up don't know how to utilize tanks properly. I think for rateds I see more teams utilizing pure tanks more than regs.

SEANeD
01.23.2013 , 12:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I don't think its so useless it should be removed. Yes, you will do more for your team with dps gear probably because most people straight up don't know how to utilize tanks properly. I think for rateds I see more teams utilizing pure tanks more than regs.
Exactly

Ybini
01.23.2013 , 12:38 PM | #6
Hmm I have a 50 vanguard but haven't pvp'd with him much. Is it really that useless?

cycao
01.23.2013 , 12:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
Hmm I have a 50 vanguard but haven't pvp'd with him much. Is it really that useless?
Assault is still considered OP, other than that tank is nothing special.

Whitering
01.23.2013 , 01:11 PM | #8
Maybe it's for toons like my Shadow who will only PvP normally and tank in PvE when absolutely, last ditch, necessary. Since I won't have OP gear, I can at least have some tank specced PvP gear?

I say leave it, if the shell is different maybe people will want it for cosmetics, or you can pull out the mods you like and shove them in some PvE armor.

JP_Legatus
01.23.2013 , 01:41 PM | #9
It's not completely useless. The extra hp helps and the tank set does provide a good amount of defense, which mitigates randomly but entire hits. The shield and absorb works great for snipers and all non sorc classes have at least some white damage, but mostly the defense and hp help a lot.
Yes it could provide better shield mechanics, but there are some situations where the extra survivability really helps out more than a fully effective 1v1 set. I use my tank gear in all huttballs and frequently when guarding off node.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

TheNegotiator
01.23.2013 , 01:43 PM | #10
It's not completely useless it still works against white damage ranged weapon attacks like hammer shot, rail shot/HIB, some sniper attacks. Totally useless against sabers though so...