Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Grand Admiral Thrawn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
An in-depth look at: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Aurbere
01.22.2013 , 02:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DMOMO View Post
I was re-reading this and was about to post this!

Thrawn is second only to Kyle Katarn as my favorite character. I wish he hadn't died as I would have loved to see a universe under his rule. I have a feeling it would have been the most stable galactic government that ever was.
Unfortunately, Reborn Palpatine would have assumed command of Thrawn's New Empire had he been successful (let's face it, Thrawn was going to win if not for the Noghri).
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling
01.22.2013 , 03:50 PM | #12
Query: What were these 'unforeseen events' exactly. I know Palpatine somehow undermined Thrawn out of spite but I have no real idea why...

Oh and the reason that Thrawn was 'conveniently' dispatched to the Unknown Regions when the Battle of Yavin, Hoth and Endor happened was because if Thrawn had been their the Rebels would never have won the war and half of the entire Star Wars saga would have been rendered obsolete. A mere plot device.

But great post.

May as well make a suggestion for a future post. Perhaps Asajj Ventress? I really like the character but only know her from TCW series. If you know anything about her that would be interesting, but play to your strengths.

Aurbere
01.22.2013 , 04:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Query: What were these 'unforeseen events' exactly. I know Palpatine somehow undermined Thrawn out of spite but I have no real idea why...

Oh and the reason that Thrawn was 'conveniently' dispatched to the Unknown Regions when the Battle of Yavin, Hoth and Endor happened was because if Thrawn had been their the Rebels would never have won the war and half of the entire Star Wars saga would have been rendered obsolete. A mere plot device.

But great post.

May as well make a suggestion for a future post. Perhaps Asajj Ventress? I really like the character but only know her from TCW series. If you know anything about her that would be interesting, but play to your strengths.
Leia's involvement with the Noghri was a major one (as it led to his bodyguard killing him). The loss of the clones and the insane Jedi C'Boath crippled his production capabilities. And the Smuggler's Alliance with Rogue Squadron breached his defenses (after his untimely death).

He literally had everything the New Republic could throw at him in his final battle. Victory at Bilbringi would have cemented his conquest of the galaxy. Thrawn never expected Leia to help the Noghri, and didn't think Wayland could be breached.

Palpatine severely hampered Thrawn's efforts. He consolidated Imperial power at Byss, making a majority of the fleeting Empire ignore Thrawn. It is conceivable that he thought Thrawn was a threat to his return, but he really wasn't. Had Palpatine actually contributed to Thrawn's Campaign, the New Republic would have been beaten sooner (provided Thrawn didn't make a too complicated plan). But even without the full backing of the Empire, Thrawn was still winning.

Ventress? I would have to wait until TCW ends. I don't want to post a thread and then have to update it later (hence my ignoring the Clone Wars in the Dooku and Plo Koon threads).

Edit: On a side-note, I will be doing a thread on the Thrawn Campaign.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling
01.22.2013 , 04:24 PM | #14
Interesting... I look forward to the Thrawn Campaign.

Didn't Thrawn also have a pet ysalamiri? Look like a boss and be immune to Force attacks - utter genius.

Aurbere
01.22.2013 , 04:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Interesting... I look forward to the Thrawn Campaign.

Didn't Thrawn also have a pet ysalamiri? Look like a boss and be immune to Force attacks - utter genius.
Yes. Yes he did. He certainly did look like a boss with that thing.

Beniboybling
01.22.2013 , 04:42 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yes. Yes he did. He certainly did look like a boss with that thing.
Yes. Yes he did.

chuixupu
01.22.2013 , 05:10 PM | #17
Thrawn is a great character, it makes me sad that he will probably always be restricted to the EU.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TalonVII
01.22.2013 , 06:23 PM | #18
STILL waiting on Wedge Antllies...but hey gotta say my fav Imp...Grand Admiral Thrawn.

It was awesome in Star Wars Tie Fighter you got to fly under his command.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Aurbere
01.22.2013 , 06:42 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Thrawn is a great character, it makes me sad that he will probably always be restricted to the EU.
Probably, but it would be nice to see Thrawn in a Star Wars movie. Unfortunately, I don't think the movies will take place around that time.

Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
STILL waiting on Wedge Antllies...but hey gotta say my fav Imp...Grand Admiral Thrawn.

It was awesome in Star Wars Tie Fighter you got to fly under his command.
"Patience! Soon, you will be with him."

Wedge is coming soon.

TalonVII
01.23.2013 , 02:37 PM | #20
BTW, did you catch my synopsis on the TIE Avenger?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight