Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic Vs. Empire

Path-x
01.22.2013 , 02:34 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by JustDocBrown View Post
Even as a Sith I just CAN'T be bad.

Because as I play as this Sith Warrior and am forced to fight the Republic, it hurts me. Because I like the good guys.
Awww. How cute.
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

Ausstig
01.22.2013 , 02:56 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You could not be more wrong.

The first Sith (if we are referring to the Hundred Year Darkness) abused their Dark powers by twisting creatures and deforming them, turning them into monsters. The Jedi told them to stop, but they refused, leading to their exile. Then they come back with more twisted creations and wage war on the Jedi Order, which they lost badly. Then the Jedi banished the survivors to the Unknown reaches of space. The Jedi could have killed them, but banished them instead.

Flash-forward and Naga Sadow leads a massive invasion of the Republic, which is put down after his student betrays him. The Republic then decides to invade Sith space to prevent another war. Some Sith killed themselves through Dark Rituals. Some made suicide attacks on Republic forces. Many were killed by the Sith Emperor. Others were severed from The Force by Odan-Urr. The number of Sith that were actually killed by the Republic is quite low. And technically, the Republic's invasion of Sith Space was apart of the Great Hyperspace War. So the Sith are victims of their own war.
Actually the Hundred years of Darkness. Started when the jedi decided not to tolerate a different view of the way to use the force. They also sent them out into unknown space in a single ship, that's like kicking people out into the pacific ocean in a tug boat, it's as good as killing them.

Also the Republic committed genocide against the Empire in the Great Hyperspace War. They destroyed an entire species as well as a civilisation. The equivalent would be killing every Prussian after the First World War. Until the reveal about the Sith in SWTOR, the official cannon had them as extinct . As in no one left, what the Nazis wanted to do to the Jews.

So the Republic is not blameless here.

It is also really dumb to have the Empire as raciest. Because the reason for the Movie Empire's racism was that it was a part of the CORE society. So the Republic should be the racist power and the Empire just a power hungry dictatorship.
Have Force lightning will travel

myolinyr
01.22.2013 , 03:06 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
when and where? from my playthros I can say that in fact there was one such accident. Siths generally dont wander cities seeking for victims, they dont even abuse that much power, and comparing to regular soldiers who kill theyr subordinates for failures I would say that they are rather balanced. Of course that they kill each other from time to time to get a better title or just to get ride of those they dislike but that is purely Sith Code, official relligion of the Sith Empire.
what about that mission where the sith got tagged because they were hunting people down just because it was Tuesday?

Surinen
01.22.2013 , 03:13 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by myolinyr View Post
what about that mission where the sith got tagged because they were hunting people down just because it was Tuesday?
I mentioned this quest before as an exception, it happend, but for sure there are also non force users who hunt civilians and murder them for fun, criminals in this or other form. and in my story
Spoiler
. Also, if the Sith were powerful and useful ( althou we dont know much about them, at least I dont know ) then sacrificing few citizens for sating their bloodlust is a rather fair price, althou it should be much better covered.

and someone above said that Empire is dictatorship - Empire is a monarchy
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

myolinyr
01.22.2013 , 03:24 PM | #65
I mentioned this quest before as an exception, it happend, but for sure there are also non force users who hunt civilians and murder them for fun, criminals in this or other form. and in my story
Spoiler
. Also, if the Sith were powerful and useful ( althou we dont know much about them, at least I dont know ) then sacrificing few citizens for sating their bloodlust is a rather fair price, althou it should be much better covered.

and someone above said that Empire is dictatorship - Empire is a monarchy
Spoiler

Surinen
01.22.2013 , 03:33 PM | #66
Spoiler
you avenged few citzens, maybe a dozen by sacrificing ( possibly ) a Sith who would be able to obliterate hundreds of republic scums ( althou, if they die from being tagged then it is not a big loss )
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

SithKoriandr
01.22.2013 , 05:50 PM | #67
Empire itself is a stability and order, so whenever it grip reaches, subjects become part of order. Killing for failures is essential to get rid of weak and useless material that may cause even bigger havoc if spared. Sith does not kill for the wrong look, unless it is in public, and someone openly disrespect them, manifestation of power is required. Those who think that something is wrong are usually less intelligent people with weak characters that want to be equal with others just for the sake of it, typical and dangerous.

Absolute power rarely leads to corruption, but such statements are well known for people who try to remain within heart of corruption in democratic states of Republic. It is ill propaganda manufactured to liking of simple folk who feel entitled to rule their countries whenether they cant count to 10 or are simply idiots ( rarely individual agrees to his intelectual limitations ).

Republic is based on corruption, semi mob rule where senate live on bribes. Republic is negation of advancement for the sake of unnatural ideals.

only the most intelligent, powerful and with proper personality people deserve to rule ( about 1% of whole population ) - and that is The Sith Empire, place where everybody seeks challenge, advancement and further development.

The Sith Empire, place that you want to die for ( and most probably you will )
I recall the Empire living off bribes as well. I believe it was a Sith Acolyte who wants to bribe you to stop her Master from proving that all living things can have the force.

The same with another Sith (Lord I believe this time) that wishes to bribe you to keep secret that Jawas are infact capable of using the force and then act like it never happened.

Surinen
01.22.2013 , 06:10 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I recall the Empire living off bribes as well. I believe it was a Sith Acolyte who wants to bribe you to stop her Master from proving that all living things can have the force.

The same with another Sith (Lord I believe this time) that wishes to bribe you to keep secret that Jawas are infact capable of using the force and then act like it never happened.
It is not a common thing among the Sith to aknowledge that force is living - in fact they are using it as a tool, weapon. To her he was simply insane blob that was keeping her advancement. Overall it is a little thing that would affect mostly philosophy at best.

She didnt bribe you from what I remember but orders you to secure image and position of the Sith within Empire citizens - it wouldnt be nicely viewed if a rat in rags would be able to use force just like a Sith Lord ( althou, this quest seems to be a little bit out of line with whole lore, as citizens of the Empire are ratherin possesion of knowledge that Jedi are aliens too, many aliens that they view as lesser ones - so this quest is tricky, but either way her itentions are fine )

Jaigen
01.24.2013 , 06:48 AM | #69
Tvtropes called this game an example of genocidal backfireand and i couldnt agree more. The thing is however that the republic not once admits that what they did to sith of old was wrong and simply covers it with a dose smug self righteousness. In short the difference between the empire and the repubulic is not that great.

Kotli
01.25.2013 , 09:34 AM | #70
Hmm as I remember it, the hunters are a group of criminal citizens of the empire not sith. Anyway the reason you tag the sith acolytes is so the hunters tries to kill them and then get cut into little bits by the siths, ethier the acolytes or some higher up sith for dareing to attack a sith.