Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Getting forced into Romance: Sorta spoiler

Allronix
01.22.2013 , 02:47 PM | #11
With Tharan? Well, he's rather full of himself and the unknowing comic relief character of the Consular storyline, so the whole thing was probably in his head anyway (at least, that's how I read it).

As for Nadia? Yeah, keep your replies focused on the Jedi code and the pure LS options and it'll put her in the friend zone.
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

stuffystuffs
01.22.2013 , 03:05 PM | #12
The Jedi Consular is just too sexy and awesome for their own good. Companions can't resist them (Qyzen loves you, Jedi Consular, and you know it).

Quote: Originally Posted by Cartumandua View Post
I have always tried to be polite and mentor like, and I ended up in a dialogue last night where "Get off me woman!" wasn't an option.
That should literally be an option.

I can see the scene in my head now and it's hilarious.
Node guarder

iamthehoyden
01.22.2013 , 03:56 PM | #13
Yeah, apparently there are a couple places where "being polite" is code for "take me you stud/ette." Blech, ewww, and what the hell. There are also occasions (Corso) where a kinda vague "not right now" means "I will never love you! Never! Never! Never!"

Man, I hope they fix this stuff.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 04:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Yeah, apparently there are a couple places where "being polite" is code for "take me you stud/ette." Blech, ewww, and what the hell. There are also occasions (Corso) where a kinda vague "not right now" means "I will never love you! Never! Never! Never!"

Man, I hope they fix this stuff.
Ok, now I know why people are so afraid of the same-gender options if bugs like these exist. So many levels of uncomfortableness and trigger-y-ness.

ElyonRand
01.22.2013 , 04:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
You might have just stumbled on a bug.

I had something similar happen with my (female) Consular. I had had normal conversations with Tharan, completely avoiding any flirtatious remarks, and then suddenly he wants to end our "liaison" as if we'd been in a romance. I went out of my way to avoid anything like that, so it came as a huge surprise. I sat there blinking at the screen for a good five minutes spluttering about it to my partner, before putting in a ticket. It has to have been a bug, as far as I'm concerned. The GM was pretty unhelpful, I have to say. Now I can't talk to Tharan without getting that conversation, which I shouldn't be having anyway.

I really don't think this was intended.
I found the same thing, and decided to just play along on the basis that, while Theran is clearly crazy as I never had any form of liason with him, he does know how to blow up my hyperdrive.

iamthehoyden
01.22.2013 , 05:10 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Ok, now I know why people are so afraid of the same-gender options if bugs like these exist. So many levels of uncomfortableness and trigger-y-ness.
That's probably one of the reasons for the fear of same-gender options. These bugs just create some truely awful situations. I love Jorgan, but apparently there is a hidden flirt that can start that romance, and there's at least one conversation where there's no option out of a ftb. Besides the shudder-worthy awfulness of that, it completely breaks the story as well - Jorgan is entirely a 'stop when you say' guy. So it's bad bad on both a personal and a storytelling level.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 05:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
That's probably one of the reasons for the fear of same-gender options. These bugs just create some truely awful situations. I love Jorgan, but apparently there is a hidden flirt that can start that romance, and there's at least one conversation where there's no option out of a ftb. Besides the shudder-worthy awfulness of that, it completely breaks the story as well - Jorgan is entirely a 'stop when you say' guy. So it's bad bad on both a personal and a storytelling level.
That's a bug I really hope they fix :/

Has this ever been addressed before?

(Also, "force me gay, oh noes!" is still a bit silly, but when your character is forced into a very unwilling fade-to-black for all persons involved situation anyway? Eurgh.)

bright_ephemera
01.22.2013 , 05:16 PM | #18
Edit: Double post, my mistake. See below.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
01.22.2013 , 05:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That's a bug I really hope they fix :/

Has this ever been addressed before?
A thread was posted last April specifically dealing with Jorgan:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...4&postcount=22

Official BW response? It is a bug if you got into a romance without hitting [Flirt], but the total inability to exit a romance once it has started or even avoid a ftb is "working as intended."

I haven't heard updates since then, but I also haven't been comprehensively tracking BW activity, so if anybody else knows anything, go ahead and chime in.

(Incidentally, Elara Dorne also has a scene where you cannot avoid a ftb, but I believe you do have to actually hit [Flirt] to start her romance line. Hey, consent pre-kiss means consent alll the way, right?)
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
01.22.2013 , 05:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Official BW response? It is a bug if you got into a romance without hitting [Flirt], but the total inability to exit a romance once it has started or even avoid a ftb is "working as intended."
(Incidentally, Elara Dorne also has a scene where you cannot avoid a ftb, but I believe you do have to actually hit [Flirt] to start her romance line. Hey, consent pre-kiss means consent alll the way, right?)
This does just get worse and worse. I think I may hold off from rolling a Trooper any time soon - don't want to get stuck in the unwilling fade-to-black for all persons involved situation.