Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm terribly disapointed by cartel packs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm terribly disapointed by cartel packs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sleprock
01.18.2013 , 12:08 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by LukeSaberRattler View Post
Great follow-up and awesome information I think I am going to have to run out and stock up on a few packs and hold onto the for the future now.
Mission accomplished by bioware lol. They got the fish hook imbedded into you.

manchusabre
01.18.2013 , 12:36 PM | #132
I am disappointed by the packs as well. I have spent about $100 on coins to buy packs. I have learned so far to not spend real life money to buy the packs. Yeah I get I'm buying random chances at stuff, but they really don't seem random either. One day I get nothing but droid customizations. The next revan's chest and legs. Then crimson claws and sand devils. It really doesn't seem all that random. The latest pack is dropping items from the first pack which is disappointing. The model for the packs is getting tiring too. The same dancer outfit just recolored again. It would be cool to have some more invisible gear because sometimes the bracers and belt take away from a character's look. Then again that's what they are doing with end game gear as well. The gear on the cartel market seems kind of disappointing as well as most are already in game. It seems like they are just taking existing gear and making it adaptive. I just don't see the over $10 price tag as worth it. The white crystal being in the packs was disappointing too. Around 1.2 a dev had said white crystals would be back in the game but that you would have to earn it or something like that. I would have rather got a white crystal from the HK quest than HK himself. I have found the legacy and character perk unlocks to be the only thing I like about the Cartel Market.

Sinnfein_Winters
01.18.2013 , 12:53 PM | #133
Though I like the idea of random items in the packs, I'm just tired of getting the same items from previous packs. Isn't the point to the new packs to have "new" items? I posted something similar in another post about this. For example: if you're going to put speeders into the packs, make those speeders unique to that pack, don't have the same speeder drops in the newer packs. spice it up a little, and make the more rare type of speeders drop a little bit more then making someone who is spending real money on newer packs have over 50 copies of the same speeder. But this isn't just for speeders, I'm talking about all items in these packs need to be different then the last pack, that way they will actually sell and not clog the GTN because those "common" dancer outfits from page 1 to 50 because that's always dropping.

Random means random...not once in the blue moon new pack random and get the same random thing from the Black Market Pack random. And if you need a idea of what type of random items then the Black Market, throw some random commendations in there, some lvl 50 Armor, Mods, or Enhancements, more Black-miscellaneous color crystals..etc...just give us new random common items. I have thrown away so many banners, emotes, some type of boost pack it sicken's me.
Shadowlords Empire
Guildmaster The Harbinger Arcane Legacy
"What the frak?"

Klarick
01.18.2013 , 02:09 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Salizars View Post
I hope they are looking in to that transaction, sounds like someone getting gold from a gold farmer to me. Buying a stupidly overpriced common item is one of the standard ways that they try to transfer money to characters without getting caught.
That is exactly what happened. It is obvious, and a shame, that Bioware can't recognize such a blatant and obvious gold-seller transaction. This method of transfer happens in every single MMO and is one of the easiest to identify as an illegal transaction.

Shame BW. You need to play more MMO's, or try even playing the one you created. If you did then this would not have been missed.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Oggthebase
01.18.2013 , 04:51 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Sometimes plans change. In this case, we all benefit. The CM is allowing them to do more stuff in Makeb than they would have been able to do previously. Presumably, there is enough new content to justify selling it as an expansion, rather than just a content update. We get better content for a small price. BTW, it is a much smaller price than most MMO expansions and that is likely due to it being subsidized by the CM.

This is a good thing.
I'm not disputing that plans can change.
I'm disputing that Makeb was already being developped and paid for by last years' subscription and that EAware is selling it a second time to us subscribers.
I'm also disputing your claim that they've added more "stuff" in Makeb than originally planned and announced by James Ohlen, as everything else (HK-51, FTB, Ancient hypergates) is exactly as announced.

Therefore I disagree with you. It's not a good thing that EAware has become so greedy that they're gouging their most loyal supporters, the subscribers.
Their business model has evolved into exploiting gambling addicts and star wars fans, instead of building a game out of passion for the star war universe that people would be willing to support with their subscription.

Capetoider
01.20.2013 , 02:39 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
There are a few questions raised in this thread.

Are there any truly absurd prices out there?
Absolutely. I can tell you one person bought an Imperial Banner off the GTN for 310000 credits.
I bet it's from the same account both the seller and the buyer...
anyone see the prices, of course, when something is first released you probably don't know the price and could buy it for more or less than it's after a time... also, after some time the rare stuff that dont sell anymore becames more and more rare and thus more expensive... but yeah... not buying someone buying an imp banner for that price for nothing...
May the Force Be With You!

Irawratih
01.22.2013 , 02:52 PM | #137
the only way they will fix these packs so they do not give the same 4 items is for people to stop buying them. i hope people do stop buying them so they fix it.

Benfynyn
01.22.2013 , 03:14 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Capetoider View Post
I bet it's from the same account both the seller and the buyer...
anyone see the prices, of course, when something is first released you probably don't know the price and could buy it for more or less than it's after a time... also, after some time the rare stuff that dont sell anymore becames more and more rare and thus more expensive... but yeah... not buying someone buying an imp banner for that price for nothing...

It's probably credit sellers using the trash cartel items on the GTN to transfer the credits.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Anakis
01.22.2013 , 04:58 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
We are constructing our next round of packs with a definite eye on reducing this level of suck.
Hehehe!

I love a Dev that isn't afraid to admit that some of his team's work is terrible!
--- The Harbinger ---
Esri, Vezpa, Kaycey

Luminous_Being
01.23.2013 , 02:00 AM | #140
Not sure if someone else stated this but you cannot sell them right away. There is a time period during which they are bound to you. My apologies if you already knew that I was having a hard time determining if you meant you did not find a buyer or thought you were literally unable to sell.