Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Repub side PVE crowd: Some questions!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Repub side PVE crowd: Some questions!

LianDaros
01.22.2013 , 01:35 PM | #1
Hi everytbody, I've been a loyal empire player for my whole swtor career thus far and I've become interested in starting a new character on the repub side. I have two 50s on the harbinger, and while leveling my newest character a Jugg (LvL 24 at time of writing) I find that I am definitely getting tired of the quests, and I would really appreciate a chage of scenery. I have a couple questions I need answered before I invest any time...

1. How mature is the general PvE community on the repub side compared to the empire? I prefer to play with people that are reasonably patient, open to constructive feedback, and able to give constructive feedback instead of just typing ":.." and then rageqitting when no one reads their mind.

2. What role is most needed in pub PvE right now? I'm assuming its either tanks or healers. What do you need more of?

3. Overall, would you reccomend starting the new republic guy to break up the monotony, or will the benefil be negligable compared to the burden of not being able to shower my alt with credits?

Darth_Dreselus
01.22.2013 , 01:54 PM | #2
To answer your questions.

1. It is about the same as Empire you get both great and rubbish people in PvE. I do find more fail PuGs on Empire but that's just coincidence.

2. This server is so big that there isn't really a lack of a specific class. I do suppose I see less Guardians than Juggernauts but that's just a personal feeling and may not be true.

3. Well first of all you can send credits and items to alts regardless of Faction as long as they are on your legacy. And as far as sidequests go, ye, might as well check out the other side, but I can't tell you much as I have been skipping sidequest dialogues since I levelled my first toon before 1.1.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

miglor
01.22.2013 , 02:42 PM | #3
I actually find way more fail-Pugs on pub side. Go figure.

But ******s do come in both imp and pub flavors.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
To answer your questions.

1. It is about the same as Empire you get both great and rubbish people in PvE. I do find more fail PuGs on Empire but that's just coincidence.

2. This server is so big that there isn't really a lack of a specific class. I do suppose I see less Guardians than Juggernauts but that's just a personal feeling and may not be true.

3. Well first of all you can send credits and items to alts regardless of Faction as long as they are on your legacy. And as far as sidequests go, ye, might as well check out the other side, but I can't tell you much as I have been skipping sidequest dialogues since I levelled my first toon before 1.1.

eVentHoriZn
01.22.2013 , 03:09 PM | #4
A lot of my imp guildies have pub characters, and we all agree that while the republic has a lot of awesome PVE guilds, they have the most fail pug players ever - We assume this is because most of the good, mature players only raid with their guilds, and the leftovers float to the top

So yeah:
1.) Get a guild. You'll need it.
2.) Don't roll a sentinel.
3.) Good tanks (raid awareness, know mechanics) are in very short supply.
Lykui - Juggernaut
The Harbinger

Darth_Dreselus
01.22.2013 , 03:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by miglor View Post
I actually find way more fail-Pugs on pub side. Go figure.

But ******s do come in both imp and pub flavors.
Indeed, my latest horror story is Pub.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.