Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

randomly redirected to german version of the forums

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > Deutsch (German) > Kundendienst
randomly redirected to german version of the forums
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jeweledleah
01.22.2013 , 01:36 PM | #1
why?

what is going on?

typing SWTOR.com manually still takes me to DE version. its still the same forums and all I did was click reload on the same page I had open since yesterday.

not the first time it happened either. and I'm located in US, so my location shouldn't do that.

JPryde
01.22.2013 , 01:49 PM | #2
On the top of the page, click on the "EN" button, next to the FR and the DE (which is highlighted). Maybe you accidently hit the DE button. That setting is stored in a cookie, so you autoamtically get back to the german version of the page, regardless of reloads.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Jeweledleah
01.22.2013 , 01:55 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
On the top of the page, click on the "EN" button, next to the FR and the DE (which is highlighted). Maybe you accidently hit the DE button. That setting is stored in a cookie, so you autoamtically get back to the german version of the page, regardless of reloads.
I don't even have that button anymore. and like I said, I was on an english page since yesterday. all i did was hit a browser reload button to see if there were any new replies. bam. german page. and the moment I hit reply - EN button shows up.

I don't even know what's going on with these forums....

Naugor
01.22.2013 , 05:12 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
@Deutsche Forennutzer: Bitte entschuldigt das Englisch, Jeweledleah wird automatisch auf die deutschsprachige Forenseite umgeleitet.

Hello Jeweledleah,

Normally this would only happen if you clicked on a link that had /de/ as part of the URL.

However as we were experiencing issues with forum logins earlier today, this may very well be a related issue. Can you please delete your browser cache and cookies, restart the browser and then try to access the forums again by manually typing http://www.swtor.com ?

Should the issue persist, please get back to us.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

SickSorceress
01.22.2013 , 07:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
why?

what is going on?

typing SWTOR.com manually still takes me to DE version. its still the same forums and all I did was click reload on the same page I had open since yesterday.

not the first time it happened either. and I'm located in US, so my location shouldn't do that.
I have the same prob vice versa, being redirected to the english page a third of the times I come here. And I don't hit any buttons by accident as well.

So well, maybe it's not a bug but a feature.

Mundako
01.22.2013 , 08:41 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi SickSorceress,

Please delete your cookies and cache for swtor.com. This should help with the issue you are describing.

Thanks.
Mundako | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

FWSWBN
01.23.2013 , 02:39 PM | #7
Selbe passiert mir, nur dass ich von der Deutschen auf die Englische geleitet werde, obwohl ich die Deutsche aufrufe

Cookies usw löscht mein Browser nach dem schließen automatisch alle weg, sodass es daran eigentlich nicht liegen kann

Nur mal so zur Info, denn stören tut mich das nicht, da ich einfach dann auf DE klicke, nur ist es ein wenig nervig.
Auch im Shop ist das so.
Ich bin zum Beispiel im deutschen Forum, gehe auf Markt und bin auf der englischen Seite.

Aber wie gesagt...nur info

SickSorceress
01.23.2013 , 05:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by FWSWBN View Post
Selbe passiert mir, nur dass ich von der Deutschen auf die Englische geleitet werde, obwohl ich die Deutsche aufrufe

Cookies usw löscht mein Browser nach dem schließen automatisch alle weg, sodass es daran eigentlich nicht liegen kann

Nur mal so zur Info, denn stören tut mich das nicht, da ich einfach dann auf DE klicke, nur ist es ein wenig nervig.
Auch im Shop ist das so.
Ich bin zum Beispiel im deutschen Forum, gehe auf Markt und bin auf der englischen Seite.

Aber wie gesagt...nur info
Ja genau, mein Cache + Cookies wird auch nach Schließen des Browsers gelöscht.

Und ich habe es genau so, wie Du es beschreibst, mit dem Markt und alles.

Seilanya
01.23.2013 , 07:01 PM | #9
Dito. Sobald ich mich in meinen Account hier im Forum einlogge, werde ich auch erstmal zur englischen Seite weitergeleitet.
Selbiges im Forum und beim Markt ebenfalls

Cookies werden auch nach dem Schließen automatisch gelöscht. Auch von Hand löschen behebt das Weiterleitungs-Chaos nicht.

Stört jetzt zwar nicht übermäßig, aber anscheinend gibts irgendwo ein Problem beim Weiterleiten.
"Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?" Obi-Wan Kenobi
Saphyr @ T3-M4 (R.I.P. The Jedi Tower)

Aleksin
01.23.2013 , 11:26 PM | #10
Gerade die Cookies speichern die Sprachversion der Seite. Wenn du die immer wieder löschst, kommst du immer wieder auf die englischsprachige Seite.

Bei mir behält er sich die swtor.com/de im "Gedächtnis", so lange ich den Browser nicht bereinige.
Folgt mir, ich weiß auch nicht wo es langgeht.