Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4 Man Nightmare EV - Title Run

Nekrall
01.21.2013 , 10:06 PM | #1
Hello everyone,

A few days ago Divine Shadow (Prophecy of the Five) completed a 4 man Nightmare EV Title Run. I took a video of all the fights, and decided to make a compilation to show everyone that it is in fact possible (even though those enrage timers are close). It was difficult, and we had about 15 minutes left for the title but we finished it.

The participants of this run were as follows.
-Fenrir (Colm) -Sniper
-Xalex - Assassin
-Catlikethief - Sorcerer
-Ilysa - Marauder

I only got the last phase of Soa because I realised I had disabled my recording software after 2 hilarious wipes. One of them where I was up in the air until the end of phase 2, and fell straight to the ground after lol. I think it's ok considering Soa is the easiest fight of that whole thing, especially the first two phases.

Cat has screenshots of the codex entries for all the bosses, and the title at the end (I already had the title on my toon so you can't see it from my end).

I may put out another version with music instead of the teamspeak, but hopefully you all find the video enjoyable/helpful in some way.

Thanks a lot, stay classy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STv4SQo9v6c
Ilysa Grim
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

Dacce
01.21.2013 , 10:13 PM | #2
I'm sorry, the video doesn't exist.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Nekrall
01.21.2013 , 10:21 PM | #3
Sorry about that, now it's up...buggy link.
Ilysa Grim
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

AshlaBoga
01.22.2013 , 02:59 AM | #4
4 manning HM EV was tough, I'd imagine 4 manning NiM EV was fairly brutal. Were there a decent amount of wipes or was it smooth sailing?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

RikuvonDrake
01.22.2013 , 03:46 AM | #5
This is very impressive, had a hard time when we did it with 6ppl, cannot think about the hassle of doing it with only four, epic work people, very impressive!
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Nekrall
01.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
4 manning HM EV was tough, I'd imagine 4 manning NiM EV was fairly brutal. Were there a decent amount of wipes or was it smooth sailing?
Yeah there were a decent amount of wipes lol.

We had 2 wipes on the droid, one on the puzzle, and two on Soa.

The droid is definitely the hardest fight in the whole op, I haven't heard of a group getting past him without having a rDPS kill him from behind the pillar during his last missile salvo because the enrage timer is so tight.

We one shot Gharj even though it was very sloppy, those pounces do a lot of damage on nightmare and there is only so much force camo to go around -.-

The puzzle wipe was because we were trying to stay "healthy" in between presses, took too long and wound up getting two acklays at the end on both sides, with only one side having a healer you can probably guess how that turned out lol.

The two wipes on soa were fairly unavoidable though, just bad luck. If the fight goes normally he is very easy to down.

It was a great learning experience, that's for sure.
Ilysa Grim
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

Nekrall
01.22.2013 , 11:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
This is very impressive, had a hard time when we did it with 6ppl, cannot think about the hassle of doing it with only four, epic work people, very impressive!
Thank you very much!

Finishing it was definitely a rush, we had been theory crafting about doing a 4 man nightmare for awhile beforehand.

I wont even know what to say if a pug SM group finder EV I'm in wipes now....lol. Maybe I will just keep my mouth shut; perhaps the best option lol.
Ilysa Grim
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

Donalj
01.22.2013 , 12:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nekrall View Post
Yeah there were a decent amount of wipes lol.

We had 2 wipes on the droid, one on the puzzle, and two on Soa.

The droid is definitely the hardest fight in the whole op, I haven't heard of a group getting past him without having a rDPS kill him from behind the pillar during his last missile salvo because the enrage timer is so tight.

We one shot Gharj even though it was very sloppy, those pounces do a lot of damage on nightmare and there is only so much force camo to go around -.-

The puzzle wipe was because we were trying to stay "healthy" in between presses, took too long and wound up getting two acklays at the end on both sides, with only one side having a healer you can probably guess how that turned out lol.

The two wipes on soa were fairly unavoidable though, just bad luck. If the fight goes normally he is very easy to down.

It was a great learning experience, that's for sure.
We managed to get the robot down just as he enraged on HM 4 man back in 61 gear so if you have the right set up in 63 it should be easy enough.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

wetslampigduex
01.22.2013 , 01:02 PM | #9
Well, if Divine Shadow can do it that means anyone can do it. jk gj guys Selphie wasn't part of the run so that statement isn't true.

-An ******e you raid with from time to time

Nekrall
01.22.2013 , 02:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
Well, if Divine Shadow can do it that means anyone can do it. jk gj guys Selphie wasn't part of the run so that statement isn't true.

-An ******e you raid with from time to time
What's a Selphie?
Ilysa Grim
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five