Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

Ailie
01.21.2013 , 11:01 PM | #11
Who honestly cares? A lot of people are new to MMOs, have to start learning somewhere.

Although I have to say, everytime I see someone say "They just don't listen" when saying they are trying to help I just can't help but laugh. This is usually because their version of helping is to call them an idiot, whether inadvertently or otherwise.

And the other thing, have you thought about how scary it is as a new player to interact with people or admit you don't know something? It's bloody scary! No wonder so many just stay quiet with some of the responses they get.
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Dacce
01.21.2013 , 11:23 PM | #12
We have a sniper on Master Dar'Nala who wears a mixute of str/willpower gear with no belt or bracers - and only 1 implant.

He is around level 24 or something and it is hilarious.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

rob_y
01.21.2013 , 11:54 PM | #13
Expecting people to know the game well for lowbie flashpoints is both unfair and unnecessary. As someone else said - you shouldn't have too much of a problem even if they stink. And if they do stink and won't listen to kind advice, just quit the group. It's not like it's your class quest or something.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five

thomasbaxter
01.22.2013 , 08:48 AM | #14
Lol I'm new to mmos and was a bit confusing but by the hammer station fp i'd understood it. The fact there are peeps doing false emperor etc with the wrong stats is a bit ott, even if u are new to mmos. I've started just kicking tanks when they complain at me for not healing, I ask them 'are you sure that's the right form you're in' and they either say 'I dunno' or 'nah but this is better so i can dps too'....

eugh

vadess
01.22.2013 , 09:46 AM | #15
Hmmm.... I have a few pet peeves when it comes to FPs and stuff. My #1 is when people que in GF for a spec they aren't spec'd for. And it does get frustrating as some HMs which I've done so easily before become un-winnable and take longer than they should because someone can't do their job, or worse they won't do the job.

Note, I'm not talking about newbies trying out HMs for the first time. I'll gladly help guide the "new kids" through the terrain and even fight all the bosses, including the bonus ones, so that they get geared. I was a newbie once and I'll be happy to help them get from where I was once to where I am now in however their class will let them go. But if a person isn't spec'd for the role they qued for and instead of perhaps re-speccing quickly or dropping the HM and letting us get someone else just try to wing it.... And oh what do you know, it doesn't work.... Other group members have to use their defensive cool downs and their medpacs go from 10 to 5 (yes, it's happened because of this issue) because the healing wasn't being done or done below very poorly, or DPS is getting aggro ALL the time instead of the tank in spite of them pushing the threat dump button regularly (hey, even newbies tanks can keep aggro off of me during a HM in spite of me being in Black Hole gear and they're only a mixture of tionese and columi if they're spec'd for tanking and know what they're doing), or we keep hitting the enrage timer because someone isn't spec'd to do the damage their class is more than capable of doing.... and all because someone decided they should que for HMs with a spec they aren't spec'd for and then become shocked when the outcomes could've been better.

OK, my rant is over, but I just had to throw it out there as it is relevant in ways to this post and is so frustrating.
Noxturna- DPS Juggernaut, Begeren Colony
Caedusios- Tanking Assassin, Begeren Colony
Crimsèn- Marksman Sniper

mikebevo
01.22.2013 , 10:52 AM | #16
I will admit it. January 2012 I was caught by a guildmate on Tatooine stuck in a class mission with my sawbone with knight gear on my chest piece (because it looked cool). The guildmate, did not yell, but explained to me what I was doing wrong and looking good was making the game harder on me than it was. That solo leveling a healer in my first MMO was going to be hard enough, I did not need to gimp myself further by wearing the wrong gear. I took his words to heart and I never asked for help for another mission again for my sawbones or any of my other toons now level 50.

I didn't do flashpoints outside of the guild leveling my sawbones, because it was my first MMO and my first time playing a healing class. Even heroics I either did not do them or I soloed them. That attitude changed when I leveled my operative, shadow and knight.

I have been demeaned once in a hmfp on my healer, before the flashpoint even started because I was not wearing my rakata shell top. The guy bemoaned me for a good 5 mins about needing the set bonus. I let him moan, ignored him until he threaten to kick me. I then said only two words Campaign Armoring. So before you give someone advise, think about how you are doing it and also make sure you know what you are talking about.

Brittaany_Banks
01.22.2013 , 11:44 AM | #17
I've made it a habit to check gear prior to starting hm fps and Jesus Christ dude... OP us absolutely right. Hell just this past week i had some bad in my group who was geared improperly for the role they selected. I would guess 75 percent if my groups had an improperly geared player.
I think bioware needs to implement a mandatory tutorial or something
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

haliy
01.22.2013 , 11:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by rob_y View Post
Expecting people to know the game well for lowbie flashpoints is both unfair and unnecessary. As someone else said - you shouldn't have too much of a problem even if they stink. And if they do stink and won't listen to kind advice, just quit the group. It's not like it's your class quest or something.
It's not just the lowbie flashpoints this happens in but also HM flashpoints. I have noticed a recent influx of players queing for HM's with a mix of level 30ish gear, Tanks using a majority of DPS gear, and players using stats on gear they shouldn't be.

At level 50, you are granted 99 Tionese coms and a full set of MK-2 Recruit gear... I really wish these players would take the time to pick them up.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

Nekrall
01.22.2013 , 12:05 PM | #19
If it makes you so mad to see these things happen maybe you should give them some advice instead of raging. Either that, or carry them through the flashpoint considering most people in this thread seem to have a god complex.
There is no reason to rage at someone for not understanding end game content.

Maybe you can let them know they can turn in a mission and get a sweet set of 51 tier pve gear? They would probably be very happy about it, and glad you told them.

Flashpoints can be two manned anyway, it's baby ****, no reason to rage at people in them who are starting out.

Also OP, I'm on pot5 as well.

Mind telling me your ign/guild so I can avoid you or hassle your gear? If you are not min maxed then it is fairly ironic to hassle people about the gear they are using, because you have the same problem. Hit me up, I'll give you some pointers
Ilysa Grim
Guildmaster of <Tyrant>
Prophecy of the Five

ArsenalGoon
01.22.2013 , 12:31 PM | #20
Being a newbie (45 years old, having played SWG only for 3 weeks total), I can speak from experience this past week.
Things I didn't know before flashpoints.

1. I didn't know the difference between greed and need. Got yelled at and passed on everything from then on. Kind of figured it out now, though.

2. Being a sentinel, I kind of recognized I needed stuff with strength, I don't think it is hard to recognize what you need for your class.

3. I can't type and fight at the same time in flashpoints. I don't know how you guys do it.

4. Shouldn't they, Bioware, let you trade items dropped in Flashpoints? It would do a lot to cool hard feelings for people who don't know the difference and pick up something they don't need but another group member needs. I would have gladly traded but the stuff is bounded.