Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thunder blast

warstory
01.22.2013 , 08:21 AM | #1
I think they should add a knockback component to this skill, it would be similar to sniper knockback on snipe shot.
What do you guys think?

Quantemoq
01.22.2013 , 10:03 AM | #2
You would fill the resolve of enemies even if you don't want to.
you would knock targets out of range of melee allies (smash).
combinding major damge abilities with ccs is always a double edged sword.

(just imagine huttball and a clueless sorc useing thundering blast on the ballcarrier tank , making him unpullable and and ccable before he even passed the first fire)

warstory
01.22.2013 , 10:13 AM | #3
Ok only make it knockback when they are with 10m

Ghost_Spectre
01.22.2013 , 10:54 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
I think they should add a knockback component to this skill, it would be similar to sniper knockback on snipe shot.
What do you guys think?
As another poster mentioned that would have unintended consequences towards the resolve bar; however, since it is a ‘major’ blast, knocking down people should be the result with a 3 second stun causing them to be disoriented. If it fills the resolve bar, so be it. I, on the other hand, want to see Thundering Blast as an instant cast that will do splash damage. It is an exploding blast; therefore, it should strike any enemy within the area of effect (8 to 10 meters), maybe up to a maximum of 5. However, unlike the lolsmash, those taking damage in the area would only take 50% non-critical damage. The target alone should receive the full brunt of the attack since they will have affliction on them at the time of the attack. Thundering Blast's damage should easily reach the 5 to 6k damage.

wwkingms
01.23.2013 , 12:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Quantemoq View Post
You would fill the resolve of enemies even if you don't want to.
you would knock targets out of range of melee allies (smash).
combinding major damge abilities with ccs is always a double edged sword.

(just imagine huttball and a clueless sorc useing thundering blast on the ballcarrier tank , making him unpullable and and ccable before he even passed the first fire)
major dmg ability? i thought we were talking about thundering blast

you know that ability that is a 31 pt talent, with a 2s base activation time, thats single target, on a cooldown, that only does on average 3500 dmg....

joke ability is a joke
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Rigaux
01.23.2013 , 01:50 AM | #6
Or hits for upwards of a maximum of 4k-ish. Thundering blast is indeed a joke that only fits within the lightning rotation and the need to proc the 50% force cost saver talent. Hopefully BW will give this ability a base damage increase in the future, because even min/maxed with the Reverberating Force talent, it still hits like a wet noodle.

wwkingms
01.23.2013 , 02:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rigaux View Post
Or hits for upwards of a maximum of 4k-ish. Thundering blast is indeed a joke that only fits within the lightning rotation and the need to proc the 50% force cost saver talent. Hopefully BW will give this ability a base damage increase in the future, because even min/maxed with the Reverberating Force talent, it still hits like a wet noodle.
do you remember your first time casting thundering blast?
i remember mine..

oh the aniticpation.. the auto crit, the big hitting long cast ability figure head of the lightning tree..

i picked my target.. got my affliction on him and started my cast.. this is it i proclaimed! here comes the boom!

activation completed, the spell was off and it lands.. for...3k... uhh whut?

even at 960 bonus dmg, 1920 willpower, 1260 expertise and 76% surge.. i barely ever see this spell reach 4k

bioware seriously needs their heads checked on this one
NIHIL

THE BASTION

AdmiralParmesan
01.23.2013 , 03:28 AM | #8
Yeah I have to agree there is nothing "thundering" about this attack. It generally hits for sub 4k damage and is only above lightning strike in the pve rotation priority. It is plain sad and yet what is even more sad is that it is still one of our hardest hitting moves.

Personally I would perfer a knockdown talent tied to it if polarity shift is up, and a knockback if used within 10 meters like ambush

Honestly with how hard it is to get off casts in pvp polarity shift should be a baseline lvl 50 spell for the sorcerer class and lightning spec would just get a reduced cooldown on it.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

wwkingms
01.23.2013 , 03:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Yeah I have to agree there is nothing "thundering" about this attack. It generally hits for sub 4k damage and is only above lightning strike in the pve rotation priority. It is plain sad and yet what is even more sad is that it is still one of our hardest hitting moves.

Personally I would perfer a knockdown talent tied to it if polarity shift is up, and a knockback if used within 10 meters like ambush

Honestly with how hard it is to get off casts in pvp polarity shift should be a baseline lvl 50 spell for the sorcerer class and lightning spec would just get a reduced cooldown on it.
yea polarity shift, alacrity % buff and uninterpretable casts for 10 seconds, 2 minute cooldown

snipers entrench, IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING (aside dmg) for 20 seconds, 45second cooldown spec;d

NIHIL

THE BASTION

warstory
01.23.2013 , 10:52 AM | #10
I think at the very least it would allow us to get off another cast if ppl threw back as far as force push throws ppl.
Was thinking about what if force storm acted like orbital strike and you could just drop it.