Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forum Policy Update

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CosmicKat
01.21.2013 , 11:35 AM | #111
It's your forum, you can police it how you want.

With that said...

1) Since I've been subscribed, communication on this forum from 'staff' has been mostly M.I.A. This can be a huge instigator for negativity. It enforces those who believe you either aren't listening or don't care. For either of those perceived conditions, people are going to ramp up their criticisms or complaints with hyperbole because they think it is the only way to get 'staff' attention. More, much more, communication on the part of BW would go a long way to alleviating griping. Adults can tolerate an answer that isn't particularly to their liking. We can deal with "no" a lot better than we can deal with silence. Many complaints on this board are the same complaints that we've seen since day 1. Address some of them! Tell us "No, we are not going to implement chat bubbles!" or "Yes, we are going to add chat bubbles!" An answer, any answer is far better than silence.

2) Tied to #1... when communication does come from 'staff' it is often of the "Press Release" variety. Example... Makeb... No mention at all was made of the fact that this was supposed to be a free content expansion. A simple "We're sorry but the scope of this expansion is now such that we must charge a nominal fee...." The actual communication we got was composed of A) Pretend the previous information never existed and B) Horribly vague advertising. An opportunity for 'good news' was blown and instead it became a lightning rod for criticism. In summary, more communication, less bending of reality. We aren't stupid. Stop treating us like we are.

Benfynyn
01.21.2013 , 12:21 PM | #112
Not sure why this thread got revived. The original post was from August .
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

GalacticKegger
01.21.2013 , 12:31 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Not sure why this thread got revived. The original post was from August .
It's a troll thing.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Grayseven
01.21.2013 , 02:07 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Yogol View Post
Really? It's no longer allowed to post a list with things I do not like, unless someone over there judges it as ''specific enough'' or ''useful''?

That is indeed new, never seen this in any of the games I played before.

Thank you for the warning!
Actually, I've seen this in every game but this one...until now.

A ranting post about "PvP balance sucks, I hate it, go suck it BW" is a post about a dislike without being specific or useful in any way. These types of posts are quickly deleted over Blizzard and SOE boards to name just a few but seemed to stick around here without action.

However, a post that states what is imbalanced with examples and without insults is specific and constructive.

Basically, if you have gripes you need to present them in a manner that is useful to those that can do something about them. And if you disagree with someones gripes you'd better disagree in a non-insulting way instead of disparaging them.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.

Darth-Rammstein
01.21.2013 , 06:03 PM | #115
The only problem I have with their forum policy is that "constructive feedback" is at the discretion of the mod who happens to be online at the time. More times than not any comment that's not positive about the game will be deleted...I understand there are a lot of trolls and mean people on the forums but sometimes they go a little censorship crazy. You'd almost have to go to a 3rd party forum to openly discuss this game without fear of being hit with an infraction.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

Beldorus
01.21.2013 , 07:34 PM | #116
Dont worry... soon they will add Real ID
then I'll be curious how much : thank you - we love you Bioware will by on forum :P

xorcist
01.22.2013 , 12:19 AM | #117
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

SLICKK
01.22.2013 , 12:59 AM | #118
R.I.P
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Killed by Greed, and lack of Integrity
http://www.customerservicescoreboard...lectronic+Arts EA's rating

iFruit
01.22.2013 , 06:51 AM | #119
Edit: post deleted by author (reason: didn't notice original thread started in August).

Happy_Puppy
01.22.2013 , 08:43 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by iFruit View Post
Edit: post deleted by author (reason: didn't notice original thread started in August).
Wow someone necro-pulled this post. Everyone jumped on it. READ THE DATE OF THE POST!!