Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theUndead
01.21.2013 , 01:55 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by Kariella View Post
I definitely read this as well... and looked extensively for it with no luck... I remember it cuz I was like LOL WOW... so a toggle is discrimination ,.. what next...

requoted for truth... it doesnt break down any easier than this...
Must I really repeat myself? So be it the post you both are referring to was written by me. The reason you can't see it was that it was removed for some reason and I said that it was Bioware's stance that a toggle is discriminatory not my own.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

fungihoujo
01.21.2013 , 06:42 PM | #562
Well, as a right wing Catholic, I definitely can't say I agree with homosexuality in real life. However, I also don't go around killing or torturing people, and I live in this silly country where apparently people who are not me have rights to think and like things I do not like.

Ultimately, these stories are just a form of role playing with NPCs included- which is a nice touch over just RPing with PCs. If I was playing a character like myself- which I don't, but lets say I was- when a character flirts with me I can just ignore it, or I can shoot her if the option's there and I'm playing a dark side character, or rudely turn her down, or kindly turn her down.

I don't torture or kill people IRL, but I do in game and I don't feel like I'm going to become some sort of monster IRL because of it, and frankly I think SGR is considerably less harmful even to children playing the game than deriving pleasure from electrocuting someone painfully or cutting them in half. If you're really worried about your child learning something bad, why are you letting them play a game that allows them to kill people casually, and own a twi'lek slave who you can shock whenever you feel like it?

As for if you're in a group and encounter a SG flirt that a teammate takes- do what you'd do IRL and someone flirts with someone else nearby- be repulsed, accept reality, move on.

I find it rather shocking how many people are so terrified that they might see something that resembles the gay they have to fight for all sorts of barriers to protect themselves from it. If I'm in game and a girl NPC flirts with me, I don't suddenly get scared that I'm going to be less of a woman IRL because of it- it's pretty amazing how hysterical some of the straight people in this thread are. Grow up, accept that not everyone has your beliefs, and learn to deal it. If there's no option to toggle out the ability to torture, kill, or for that matter flirt with straight NPCs for those who are homosexual IRL why should straights be the only one to get that sort of anti-reality bubble?

Bomyne
01.22.2013 , 12:17 AM | #563
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Of all the things that this game needs, pandering to a tiny fraction of the community is not one of them. Since this is now a suggestion thread, I would suggest:
  • Continuing class stories.
  • Greater guild functionality.
  • SSSP.
Why should work on something stop just because it won't benifit everyone?
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

TheBBP
01.22.2013 , 01:10 AM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
I do not advocate that work should stop on anything. That would be more wasteful. I am speaking of things that should have been prioritized ahead of SGRs.
Master No'ja Vace -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

Brimmer
01.22.2013 , 02:35 AM | #565
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Some people on this thread said it would make a LOT OF PEOPLE to join SWTOR! More people than Space Battles or Swoop Races!

Problem is this is a F2P game where paying is optional. So why tick off your current subbed accounts with another sessions of unwanted (by the majority) "content". If you even can call it content, it's the same things we have ingame already pretty much. I guess creativity is dying off....I recall this strange thing called role playing, where people created their own identities for their characters / history; playing how they saw best fit. Just because you didn't have the option in chat doesn't mean some RP person hasn't already done it. :P

Point is I can see where you're coming from in a pay-to-play game, but it's a horrible waste of time and money when paying is optional.

It is likely too late now, but it would be nice if they focused on what the majority of players wanted in the game such as have a monthly or weekly survey on what type of content people wanted in game.

1.)flashpoints
2.) operations
3.) cartel junk
4.) companion content
5.) story
6.) warzones
7.) vanity items
8.) other

^ for an example
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

theUndead
01.22.2013 , 04:27 AM | #566
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Well, as a right wing Catholic, I definitely can't say I agree with homosexuality in real life. However, I also don't go around killing or torturing people, and I live in this silly country where apparently people who are not me have rights to think and like things I do not like.

Ultimately, these stories are just a form of role playing with NPCs included- which is a nice touch over just RPing with PCs. If I was playing a character like myself- which I don't, but lets say I was- when a character flirts with me I can just ignore it, or I can shoot her if the option's there and I'm playing a dark side character, or rudely turn her down, or kindly turn her down.

I don't torture or kill people IRL, but I do in game and I don't feel like I'm going to become some sort of monster IRL because of it, and frankly I think SGR is considerably less harmful even to children playing the game than deriving pleasure from electrocuting someone painfully or cutting them in half. If you're really worried about your child learning something bad, why are you letting them play a game that allows them to kill people casually, and own a twi'lek slave who you can shock whenever you feel like it?

As for if you're in a group and encounter a SG flirt that a teammate takes- do what you'd do IRL and someone flirts with someone else nearby- be repulsed, accept reality, move on.

I find it rather shocking how many people are so terrified that they might see something that resembles the gay they have to fight for all sorts of barriers to protect themselves from it. If I'm in game and a girl NPC flirts with me, I don't suddenly get scared that I'm going to be less of a woman IRL because of it- it's pretty amazing how hysterical some of the straight people in this thread are. Grow up, accept that not everyone has your beliefs, and learn to deal it. If there's no option to toggle out the ability to torture, kill, or for that matter flirt with straight NPCs for those who are homosexual IRL why should straights be the only one to get that sort of anti-reality bubble?

While I appreciate your response about this. You also mentioned a topic that is against the forum rules so even though you were respectful and I think your opinion is very much valid I would recommend you do not mention any social stances at all as this could warrant action on your post. So again I am not flaming just giving out some advice and caution.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

Royox
01.22.2013 , 05:24 AM | #567
1st Should go all things to make this game to SURVIVE. Then the whims.

SGR is a whim compared to other things this game needs to survive.

Allronix
01.22.2013 , 08:02 AM | #568
Well, I can see how SGRs might help. It's obviously (but sadly) controversial. And controversy sells. Certainly Mass Effect suffered little to no damage over the firestorm over a Fem!Shep romancing Liara. If anything, players were disappointed that there weren't gay male options until ME3.

As for companions that could be SGR? Let's see? Mako might be up for it. Andronikos is a pirate and a bit of a +/- Pazaak card. Ashara's corruptible. Kaliyo's just plain nuts and will do anything that sounds fun. Vector? Things get a little wonky in a Kilik hive - just ask Jaina. Scourge is depraved enough to have tried anything and probably has. Kira and Jaesa could go either way. Tharan is crazy enough to test anything twice (with Holiday's permission). And who knows what goes on between Zenith's lekku?
Alylia Terel of Guild Meridius, Bergen Colony
Meridius: Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

markcymru
01.22.2013 , 08:29 AM | #569
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
... corruptible... just plain nuts... depraved enough... crazy enough...
Oh, so THAT'S why they take part in OGRs ! ! ! I was wondering !

Seriously, though... I know you probably didn't mean it that way, but as a rationale for why some characters might be up for SGR this comes across as a little offensive.
Maana Mungu aliupenda ulimwengu hivi hata akamtoa Mwana wake wa pekee, ili kila amwaminiye asipotee, bali awe na uzima wa milele

Drebs
01.22.2013 , 09:59 AM | #570
Do we even know if same gender flirt options will differ from opposite gender flirt options? The only difference may very well be who is standing in front of the NPC. In that case, its moot to argue that any significant development time would be involved to add this specific feature.