Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith = republick LOGO? : /

AbyssWyrm
12.20.2011 , 03:21 PM | #1
I am sure this question was asked here like may be hundreds time, but still let me ask once again:
Why da hell SWTOR's Sith Empire have Republic LOGO from 1-3 episodes

For those who might not be aware, Palpatin simply didn't changed the LOGO, then he transformed Republic to Empire. That was understandable political choice, since he tried to show like he actualy saving the Republic.
But i hardly can imagine that Republic itself had copied old Sith Empire LOGO (after events of SWTOR era)

Kholvan
12.20.2011 , 03:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AbyssWyrm View Post
I am sure this question was asked here like may be hundreds time, but still let me ask once again:
Why da hell SWTOR's Sith Empire have Republic LOGO from 1-3 episodes

For those who might not be aware, Palpatin simply didn't changed the LOGO, then he transformed Republic to Empire. That was understandable political choice, since he tried to show like he actualy saving the Republic.
But i hardly can imagine that Republic itself had copied old Sith Empire LOGO (after events of SWTOR era)
I am continually mystified over how little actually changes in 3600 years in the Star Wars universe. TIE-style cockpits. Those round computer pit things. Proto-Star Destroyers and proto-Corellian Corvettes. Mandalorian armor. Fashion in general. The list is quite long.

Revelationjp
12.20.2011 , 04:06 PM | #3
If you played KOTOR 1 & 2, you'd have seen that a lot was actually different. I think the developers realized that this game would attract a lot of people who weren't necessarily familiar with those games and tweaked things to make it more recognizable to those who's only familiarity with SW is the movies. It's slightly obnoxious to an old time fan like myself, but Lucas has been doing his best to ruin his own continuity for years now anyway.

esnoble
12.20.2011 , 04:13 PM | #4
I suppose it is conceivable that at some point in the 3,000 years between the game and Ep1 the logo lost its connection with the Sith Empire and became an accepted symbol and adopted by the Republic. For example, in the U.S. Senate, one of the symbols is the fasces of Rome, which is also the origin of the word fascism. The symbol means different things in different contexts over centuries and such...

Illwill-
12.20.2011 , 04:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by esnoble View Post
I suppose it is conceivable that at some point in the 3,000 years between the game and Ep1 the logo lost its connection with the Sith Empire and became an accepted symbol and adopted by the Republic. For example, in the U.S. Senate, one of the symbols is the fasces of Rome, which is also the origin of the word fascism. The symbol means different things in different contexts over centuries and such...
Like the symbol for good luck (for indians) that nowadays is a huge no-no outside of India thanks to the ancestors of a certain group of people that get their own servers in Swtor?

Amaste
12.20.2011 , 04:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Revelationjp View Post
If you played KOTOR 1 & 2, you'd have seen that a lot was actually different. I think the developers realized that this game would attract a lot of people who weren't necessarily familiar with those games and tweaked things to make it more recognizable to those who's only familiarity with SW is the movies. It's slightly obnoxious to an old time fan like myself, but Lucas has been doing his best to ruin his own continuity for years now anyway.
Amen. Bluray changes anyone?
.: The Unlucky Dücks :.
The Harbinger
"If it isn't drunk healing, it isn't Dück healing."

Sylvurdragon
12.20.2011 , 04:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaste View Post
Amen. Bluray changes anyone?
NOOooOOOooOOOOOOooOO!

elvigy
12.20.2011 , 04:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Illwill- View Post
Like the symbol for good luck (for indians) that nowadays is a huge no-no outside of India thanks to the ancestors of a certain group of people that get their own servers in Swtor?
Haha, I had to go Googling to figure that one out. Nice.

Argentus
12.20.2011 , 06:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Illwill- View Post
OMG! RPers?!

Milhurian
12.20.2011 , 06:56 PM | #10
Have you ever considered that the Sith Empire wins in the end, but after let's say... 1 000-2 000 years there is an massive revolt in the galaxies and the Jedi help the populations destroy the Sith? Having the Sith Empire change it's power system doesn't mean it would be 100% be abolished. Just think of the Soviet union anthem... First the "new" Russia wanted it gone but then they brought it back... Same can happen! in SWTOR
I have no signature (Aww bugger)