Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Mercenaries

ThePizaShark
01.22.2013 , 01:37 AM | #51
Merc and troopers dps are both garbage in pvp, buff them both lol.
Pizzatauntaun 50 operative<We Haz Cookies>
Pizzashark 50 mercenary <Nameless>
Pizzarancor 50 juggernaut
Bamfjedi 50 sage

Darth-Rammstein
01.22.2013 , 02:34 AM | #52
I wonder if there is a yellow post on this anywhere, I'd like to know if pt's really do have an advantage over vanguards...if that's the case then they aren't really mirrors.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

-Holmes
01.22.2013 , 02:47 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Zakmonster View Post
Dude. I'm trying to say that there is no mathematical difference. Troopers use heat as well, but it just looks different.
Hello.
http://youtu.be/GYvsw8HN654
Bye.

PerinnAybara
01.22.2013 , 06:18 AM | #54
I hope you realize, heat drops at fixed intervals, just like energy recharges at fixed intervals. So if you start close to when heat is about to drop, you can end up with two heat dumps before your next burst. What this means is you stay in the above 39% range longer. Meaning the difference between 12 and 13 flame bursts, could very well just be one person starting right before a heat drop is about to occur, and another starting right after a heat drop is about to occur. The effect is magnified. .3 seconds matters in Commando/Mercenary heat/energy management, if you didn't know.
/
Again, Mercenaries/Commando have the exact same resources. If you want to prove me wrong, show me enough examples where a BH runs out at 13 times every time, and a Commando runs out at 12 times every time. If that's the case you have a point. But until you rule out what I just said, it's a load of Bull.

Just so you know, as a merc healer, I will hold my kolto bomb, or kolto shell, or my powershot, or stopcast my rapidscan, if I cast it too fast. I wait until right after the heat has been dropped so I don't hit over 40. Every time you hit 40 heat, 40% you miss out on heat regen. Heat regen becomes 3. It's actually a huge difference in the long run. You can stay in the optimal range longer if you pay attention to stuff like that.

TLDR,
Stop posting misinformed posts on mechanics. The two resources are the same, Bioware knows and has stated this, hence they'll never change it.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Mossesman
01.22.2013 , 07:09 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Good video. It would be good to see someone make a video testing whether this is a similar issue for Commandos/Mercs
Eathos - Commando | Norzrik - Guardian
Kezron - Scoundrel | Ashinelle - Shadow

chaosmadness
01.22.2013 , 08:13 AM | #56
Nerf a class that its the worst class for RWZ atm ???

FAIL

Glower
01.22.2013 , 08:37 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
Lol this is really equal to 12/13...
Nice video!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

PerinnAybara
01.22.2013 , 08:42 AM | #58
Commando/merc can prove that you're silly with the way there was this test. Just spam rapid scan over and over again. Do it several times, and you'll get several different amounts you can spam it in a row.

Your problem is you're assuming heat drops in a uniform manner, or energy rises as well. It's more of a step ladder.

Also I know for a fact that our threshold is 40 heat. Hit 39 you keep 5 heat regen when you hit the vent for that second. Commando it should in practice be 39% exactly.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Kalifus
01.22.2013 , 10:03 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
What are you using to determine that?
Experience....beats numbers any day.

JP_Legatus
01.22.2013 , 10:06 AM | #60
If OP is right this **** needs to be fixed immediately. Even with a gimped class the pub mirrors shouldn't be getting shafted on resources, ever.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje