Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Excluding maps from the PVP rotation?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Excluding maps from the PVP rotation?

El_Kabong
01.21.2013 , 11:02 AM | #1
Is there a way to exclude certain maps from the PVP rotation? I hate huttball (I'm no good at it) and I really hate the Pylons one (I have no idea what I'm suppose to do) and would much rather just do the defend turrets ones and the blow up doors ones, and I feel bad for bringing the rest of the team down on those other two maps.

sauerkraut
01.21.2013 , 11:18 AM | #2
Can't you just leave WZ? Too much trouble?

Never_Hesitate
01.21.2013 , 11:19 AM | #3
You could just learn what you have to do on this maps and help your team instead.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

itsmymillertime
01.21.2013 , 11:20 AM | #4
Wanted feature since beta, just leave warzone before it begins.

El_Kabong
01.21.2013 , 11:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Can't you just leave WZ? Too much trouble?
I did that initially. The problem with that, of course, is the long loading times and the frequency the hated maps show up. With my (apparently) slow *** computer I'll spend a couple of minuets each way - so 2 or 3 matches in a row and I've just wasted 10 or 15 minutes.

Kerensk
01.21.2013 , 04:11 PM | #6
Killing this problem would open another since teams could optimize themselves for one kind of match.
So you wouldn't have to play hated maps anymore but the difficulty of maps would increase on a huge scale against people who have nothing to do but optimize the one strategy for that map.

Forcing you into the other maps randomizes things a bit. Your team may be murderous in huttball but weak in hHypergates.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

mattycutts
01.22.2013 , 06:32 AM | #7
slightly off topic, i found otherday i did 20 games back to back and had the following pop:

1 Huttball
9 Voidstar
6 civilwar
2novercoast
2 hypergate.

Only 1 huttball? only 2 hypergate, thats a brand new warzone think that would pop more often.

Hope one day can choose which one pops by majority vote of people signing up.
RED ECLIPSE - Eternal Dawn (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only)
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Yeochins
01.22.2013 , 06:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
slightly off topic, i found otherday i did 20 games back to back and had the following pop:

1 Huttball
9 Voidstar
6 civilwar
2novercoast
2 hypergate.

Only 1 huttball? only 2 hypergate, thats a brand new warzone think that would pop more often.

Hope one day can choose which one pops by majority vote of people signing up.
Huttball all the way. I miss 1.1.x.

Kyanzes
01.22.2013 , 07:09 AM | #9
I also hate Hutt Ball. Wish I could play Voidstar and the turret defense one only. Guess I can tolerate the coastal gun capture one as well. But hypergates and hutt ball I wish could be avoidable.

Chlomamf
01.22.2013 , 07:15 AM | #10
Dude, it's rare I actually get a Huttball match (which coincidentally is my favourite WZ). I tend to get NC the most (which also concidentally is my least favourite WZ -_-).

If you don't like Huttball then go roll a Sin/Shadow, Warrior/Knight, Sniper/Gunslinger. Trust me, it is extremely fun with those classes. Unless you're vsing a Premade ofcourse, or have an idiot team who don't know how to pass, then you're screwed and the fun tends to disappear.

AH isn't that hard to understand. After my first couple of matches I knew what was what 'nd such. Not really complicated actually.