Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight real life

northsatr
01.21.2013 , 03:10 PM | #1
What jobs in real life are the real life equivilant of a jedi knight?

Beniboybling
01.21.2013 , 03:34 PM | #2
We live in an amoral age my friend, such pious protectors of peace no longer exist.

Surinen
01.21.2013 , 04:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by northsatr View Post
What jobs in real life are the real life equivilant of a jedi knight?
never existed, never will be

althou if you count those people who like to say "I invented my job" then you gonna find few freaks who would jump under a car for you, then give you their shoes and after it they would run after wallet thief. althou, it is not official so doesnt matter and , advice, better avoid physical contact, who knows what they have
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Beniboybling
01.21.2013 , 04:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
never existed, never will be

althou if you count those people who like to say "I invented my job" then you gonna find few freaks who would jump under a car for you, then give you their shoes and after it they would run after wallet thief. althou, it is not official so doesnt matter and , advice, better avoid physical contact, who knows what they have
I think its commonly referred to as 'morals' :P

Surinen
01.21.2013 , 04:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I think its commonly referred to as 'morals' :P
yes, very dangerous disorder, and they reffer to themselves as helpers or "simple man" or "other such things that would make them look like a regular folk, I guess those are quotes of heroism. shivers run down my spine when I think about it. but no need to think about it, it is not exactly contagious, they dont roam streets, wont be apocalypse I think, we are safe. just remembr, every evil curse and spell starts with "may I help you", it is commonly followed by open hand gesture.

no, no jedi, no, please, not in real life, no-no job like that
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Aurbere
01.21.2013 , 04:36 PM | #6
Unfortunately, there are no Jedi in real life. There are good people out there though. The people that will risk their lives for a stranger. The people that will give a homeless person whatever money they have in their pockets. The people that take care of the sick and elderly. These acts can be considered Jedi-like.

Jedi are not the lightsaber-wielding leaders that we see them as. A Jedi is at his finest when he has put his weapon away and simply sits down with a person in need and does what he can to help them.

There are people like that. Sadly, that number is dwindling.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

annabethchase
01.21.2013 , 04:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Unfortunately, there are no Jedi in real life. There are good people out there though. The people that will risk their lives for a stranger. The people that will give a homeless person whatever money they have in their pockets. The people that take care of the sick and elderly. These acts can be considered Jedi-like.

Jedi are not the lightsaber-wielding leaders that we see them as. A Jedi is at his finest when he has put his weapon away and simply sits down with a person in need and does what he can to help them.

There are people like that. Sadly, that number is dwindling.
Umm, I didn't see a whole lot of Jedi like that in the Movies or EU either. Maybe that's the theoretical answer, but not the reality of how most Jedi actually were. Maybe Qui-gon.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Aurbere
01.21.2013 , 05:05 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Umm, I didn't see a whole lot of Jedi like that in the Movies or EU either. Maybe that's the theoretical answer, but not the reality of how most Jedi actually were. Maybe Qui-gon.
Many Jedi have helped others in need. It can be as simple as encouraging words, or go so far sacrificial acts.

These acts aren't well known, but they do occur. They are quite commonplace (in times of peace when the Jedi aren't acting as defenders), actually.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."